Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #141 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

My first 450 build that I painstaking thought I had perfect just didn't have any lift on the maiden flight. The swash was moving up like it should. The head speed seemed OK. It didn't sound quite right though.

I had one main blade backward. Did the final install at 2:00 AM and was apparently brain dead.

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo View Post
I charge batteries in parallel. usually 12 at a time, so I had wires running everywhere. I accidentally connected two 6S 3300mAh batteries together, plus to minus. big sparks, the connectors welded together and I had to pull them apart with enough force to rip the wire out of one of the batteries. = two very dead batteries. luckily no burns.

The red 4mm connectors that come on Gensace batteries is not keyed to prevent battery to battery connection. Who is dumb enough to do that? Me. .
I still like the connector... but I have to be very careful at the charging station.
Mark the charge lead connectors some how, so you know which are bats and which are for charging, maybe big yellow tags on your charge leads?
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found that the wires on a 3s lipo were too long
so I cut them both together with a pliers
the tabs melted off and a drop of molten metal burnt through my pants and onto my lap
lennyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #144 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyk View Post
Found that the wires on a 3s lipo were too long
so I cut them both together with a pliers
the tabs melted off and a drop of molten metal burnt through my pants and onto my lap
YOUCH!
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wasted too much money buying the wrong beginner helis.

Got a trex 250 as a first heli. Way too hard to fly.

Got a Walkera M120D01. Way too fragile.

Got a 120sr and msr. Way too quirky.

Finally got an mcpx..the perfect trainer. Of course, it wasn't available when I got all those other helis..
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i wasted too much money getting into the hobby, because i wanted to do it "cheaply"....

a msr, mcpx, phoenix, dx6i (defective), blade 450, dx8 (i just dont trust this Tx), futaba 8fgs, and now my first kit, a trex 450 pro FBL and a uBeast... and i finally think im on the right track...

imo the dx8 was a waste of money for how squirrley it behaves sometimes, and i like my B450, but it has its own set of problems
nick779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, rebuilt my heli..........for some reason I was getting negative pitch when the swash went up. I had put the flybar seesaw on backwards. Luckily I was checking pitch after the head rebuilt and didn't try it. Low stick, into the ceiling. No thanks.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stupid.... I tried to plug the 6s balance plugs into my parallel charging board with the series connector still plugged in the battery. Don't do that. Sparks and had to replace my balance plugs on one battery. And now there is a balance port on the board that all the pins are burnt in half. Didn't damage board just my pride.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spent 30 mins troubleshooting my fbl b450 after the conversion because it wouldnt lift off and head speed seemed low only to find that i didnt get the jesus bolt through the hole in the main shaft. It was resting on top of the main shaft but the head block was snug enough that it wouldnt spin or slide off the shaft when i tugged on it. When i was spooling up, the shaft was spinning inside the head block. I felt like a real dummy. I sure thought it looked tall and i had trouble getting all my links long enough to get my pitch right!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

This morning when I went to spool up my mini titan I brought the heli out of throttle hold and heard the motor spin but the blades did nothing. Turns out after greasing the 1 way a couple weeks ago I ended up putting the main gear in upside down.
Jr Vibe 50, Beastx, all Futaba servos OS55hz, Hatori sab 50, Radix
Punkin71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was out flying on Thanksgiving Day. Field to myself, I thought lets play some music.

First flight went pretty good. Went for second and turned the music more up. For a second, I was Tareq and then gave another stick bang. At that time I heard the main gear strip before my ears. Somehow the heli auto'd itself out and the low voltage Tx sound started beeping.

I think the heli Gods were saying:

Cappi boy, it's time to head home and eat some Turkey..
CAP21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in