Nine eagle 180? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nine eagle 180?

Any one have a nine eagle solo 180? The 180 looks like a solid bird and it has a brushless system like the novus125 cp but lts $100 cheaper
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check over at RCG. I believe that every one that was ever purchased is down and waiting for new tail gears to be produced. Not kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik5397 View Post
Any one have a nine eagle solo 180? The 180 looks like a solid bird and it has a brushless system like the novus125 cp but lts $100 cheaper
DudeInMyrtleBeach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought mine a few days ago. Had about 6 flights so far. Havent done 3D yet but am flying around in idle up. I havent had any gears break yet. Did buy spares though
Georgios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

How do you like it? Have you flown it in wind, it's kind of like the novus 125 but a lot cheaper. I'm just conserned with the durability, I know the 125 isn't that great.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am enjoying it quite a bit. Its definitely different from flying a Trex 700 FBL. Not as stable and it is very twitchy. If you can master the radio that they supply you with it then it wont be a problem. I have flown it in a light breeze. My 250 trex can handle a better windbut this is ideal for flying indoors or cruising around in your living room. It does feel a lil cheap that is for sure. You pay for what you get. There are spare parts on hobby king which change some parts into metal which may be the solution. My mate has been flying his around and he hit it hard on the deck. He just picked it up and started flying again. I would recommend spare gears though. I would imagine these parts to go. This is an idle thing to get your eye in and to practice backwards flight. The tail holds surprisingly well. I havent adjusted anything. Its stock out of the box and the tail is dead straight when I fly backwards. Hope this helps
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

seems like a decent bird for 169$ how is the power, and flight times? I had and mcpx and it was really fun to fly, but the tail blow out really sucks, and it lacked power pretty bad. and to upgrade to a brushless system you wind up spending like $250 to make it right and for that i can buy a B450 lol. anyways is there anyway to make a nine eagle thread? looks like nine eagle is climbing up the latter and might be coming out with much better products in the future form the looks of it. they also have a 100 like the mcp x. wonder how that is next to the mcpx
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will try figure out how to make a thread. I just had a flight now. On the LIPO i was using which is a 680Mah i think. I got just shy of 6 mins flying around in idle up. I was doing full throttle pull outs and there is power. The elevation here is 5500 Ft so I would imagine at sea level it will be great. But defintely enough power for inverted and backwards flying is no problem. I think Nine Eagles has potential. Just would like a proper manual for the Tx but ill figure that out.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

is there any posible way to make it compatible with a spektrum radio. or is the FBL system built into the receiver?

can you adjest all the values, like expo, servo travel , DR ect?

let me know if you figuer out how to make a nine eagle thread
Old 11-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I have the SP 180 3D for quite a time now.
But could fly only 2 batteries so far (see RCG thread)...
Did not play around much with it so far (not much time).
For me this heli is a PITA so far.
Flight performance would be very ok, anyway, if the gears would keep sitting.

What I really hate is the J6 Tx.
Would be find, but no model memory.
Now I also have two Solo Pro 100 3D - and when going to the flying field I have to take 3 transmitters - my DX6i for my mCP x (have three) - thats perfect.
But 2 J6 for my Nine Eagles helis (maybe even three, if I have modified my Solo Pro 100 3D to brushless...).
Thats really crazy from Nine Eagles.
Hope, the X6 Pro transmitter with model memory will be released anywhen soon...

Having several of the Nine Eagles "toy" transmitters for several FP and Coax Nine Eagles helis to fly in my living room seems ok, but having to take a J6 transmitter for each NE CP heli with you when going flying outside is nearly a "No go".

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah that's why I haven't pulled the plug on the 180 yet. I hade the solo pro 2 and it was great to learn fp on and was only $60 but when I got an msr, I could tell the quality and performance diff .

I think I'm going to just wait till Xmas time and see what blade puts out, I have a dx6i so I really don't want 2-3 more tx lol. Rigt now I'm Helie less and am having withdraws out the yingyang!! Lol but I'm trying my best to hold out and see if they put a second version of the mcp x out thats brushless, or put a 120 cp out like ppl are saying they are
Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
is there any posible way to make it compatible with a spektrum radio. or is the FBL system built into the receiver?

can you adjest all the values, like expo, servo travel , DR ect?

let me know if you figuer out how to make a nine eagle thread
No you have to use it's Tx. The Rx is an all in a one thing. Pity if you want to use your own transmitter.

I can adjust expo and the pitch curves. End travel I am not too sure yet but its definitely enough stock standard out the box. I just moved the ball links to the end of the servo horn to give me a bit more.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the TH curv is fixed ? I think I'm going to see if blade puts out smithing I like around Xmas , if not I may take a stab at the 180
Old 11-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did not change anything in the settings of my 2 J6 transmitters yet (but changing the position of the throttle hold stick).
Factory settings work, and the manual is poor. Guess, checking the menue of the J6 is a new chapter of science and I would be glad, if someone could give advice. I for myself hate this playing around in menues... and wont try around if not absolutely necessary.

It is a pity, it is not possible to use the J6 tx of my NE SP 180 with its settings for my two NE SP 100
Have to take two transmitters for those helis, some servo ways are opposite.
But it is easily possible to use my second J6 tx (of the SP 100 3D RTF set) for both, the SP 100 of the RTF set and the SP 100 of the BNF set.
But wanna make at least one of those SP 100s brushless (motor mounting will be much more difficult than in the Blade mCP x); then I would need two different J6 TX for my two SP 100
Hopefully the X6 Pro will be released soon, with model memory.

Actually, if I would go to the flying field:
1 DX6i tx for my 3 Blade mCP x
1 J6 for Nine Eagles SP 180
1 J6 for NE SP 100 brushed
1 J6 for NE SP 100 brushless (in future)

Crazy...

Walter
Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

j6 tx very limited as stated. the 180 is very nice. it has pretty good power and flies nice. no hard 3d but it holds if you take it easy on the punching the pitch. my tail does kick a little when doing a punchout. no crashes yet.. LOL worth getting IMO!
bully252 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you can't use the same radio for the 100 and the 180?
Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So you can't use the same radio for the 100 and the 180?
You can - but both helis need a different setup.
So you cannot use one transmitter and change helis (100 3D and 180 3D) for flight - you'd have to make a totally new setup with each change of helicopter.

Walter
Old 11-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that's just plane stupid, and unexceptable IMO, there thing you don't do, and that's make a digital 6ch radio for a CP Helie that doesn't have a least two model memories
Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Now that's just plane stupid, and unexceptable IMO, there thing you don't do, and that's make a digital 6ch radio for a CP Helie that doesn't have a least two model memories
Fully ACK.
On the other side: The mCP x DX4, which comes with the RTF set from Eflite, does not have model memory, either - but it is no computer tx.
But for the mCP x you can buy a computer transmitter (Spektrum, JR, modules), for the Nine Eagles helis you cannot yet.
Hopefully the X6 Pro will be released soon.
This new Nine Eagles tx will have model memory. It was already listed for 150 Euro in an Austrian dealers cataloge in beginning of 2011 (!!!), but since then no news.

So I have a bunch of Nine Eagles transmitters, for my Coax and FP helis, for my planes, for my CP helis - crazy, stupid, dumb...

Walter
Old 11-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah but you can bind the mcpx with the spektrum radios, and the NE radio is digital screen an all, why go that far an not put a memory in there lol. Oh well, it's just the point that if you could bind both 100 and 180 to the tx they would have two birds sold to me, and prob a lot more ppl
Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stupid Nine Eagles politics.

Just tried to bind the J6 to Solo Pro, Bravo SX helis and to Micro Cessna, does not bind. But it binds to the P-47 plane.

I have 5 Solo Pros (FP), 4 Bravo SX, 1 Bravo III, 1 Twingo, 1 Micro Cessna, 2 P-47, 1 Solo Pro 180, 2 Solo Pros 100 3D.
Exept the stupidness of no model memory I need:
- 1 tx for the tiny helis (will bind to Solo Pro, Bravo SX, Twingo, Bravo III, also Draco and Solo, which I had).
- 1 tx for Micro Cessna (will NOT bind to P-47, Yak, ...)
- 1 tx for P-47 (will NOT bind to MicroCessna)
- 1 tx for Solo Pro 100 3D and 180 3D (will also bind to P 47)

4 different tx (three look equal, the "toy" tx).
Thats sooooo stupid, dont find words for this.
If I have a Spektrum radio, I can bind it to all Eflite stuff.
If I have a Nine Eagles radio, I can bind it to some of the Nine Eagles models...

Walter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.