|Register||FAQ||PM||Events||Groups||Blogs||Calendar||Mark Forums Read|
|Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|12-14-2011, 11:41 AM||#1 (permalink)|
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maplewood, MN
Fusion 50 / Velocity 50 Front Boom Mount Check
This is why so many are stripping TT gears in flight! Side to side wobble in the front bevel gear. Please check yours.
It has come to our attention that there are a small number of front boom mounts which do not hold the front TT bevel gear bearings as securely as we would like.
Please take the time to check your front boom mount today.
1. Remove the front boom mount from the helicopter, and then the boom from the front boom mount.
2. Disassemble the front boom mount, and remove the counter gear.
3. With only the front TT bevel gear and associated bearings installed in the front boom mount, install and securely tighten the 4 M3x8 SHCS.
4. Test the TT bevel gear for play – left right, up down . Do not be concerned if the bevel gear moves longitudinally in and out of the boom mount along the axis of the boom.
5. If you notice any play or movement, please follow the following correction procedure.
1. Disassemble the front boom mount again.
2. Place some 240 grit sand paper on a flat surface and rub the mating surfaces of both front boom mount halves on the sandpaper to remove any mold flashings, etc.
3. Test fit the front TT bevel gear and associated bearings in the front boom mount then install and securely tighten the 4 M3x8 SHCS.
4. Again test the TT bevel gear for play – left right, up down.
5. Continuing sanding the mating surfaces of the front boom mount until all play or movement is eliminated.
6. Re-assemble the front boom mount in the helicopter, remembering to re-fit the front counter gear.
"It's not just a hobby... it's a lifestyle" - Pete ϟ
Goblin 500 + 700 / SK540 / Jives / DX8 / Quantum / RJX servos / 306b / Deep cycles