Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MSR X Brushless with MCPX2 Canopy

My MSR X Brushless with MCPX2 Canopy

Joshua

Last edited by Bri; 03-25-2012 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Re-sized pictures
Joshuas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusprimus View Post
Here is one of my mSRX as a Super Puma.
Is a german kit.
Cute! What scale is that and how did you do four blade tail?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Photos of my mSRX with RKH upgrades
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mSRX1a.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	301982   Click image for larger version

Name:	mSRX2a.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	301983  
akeeton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mSRX as Super Puma

@varc: The scale is 1:72. The tail rotor is produced by 3D printing.
here you can see the detail:
http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...art/Itemid,43/
Lupusprimus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a couple of updated pics of my bird with the new extreme canopy i got yesterday. I really wanted one in red to match the red blades and the RK stuff i have and the RK stuff that's on the way, but i couldn't find one, but i still like this better than the stock canopy. i also like the fact that each person can put the decals on however they might like.
Still waiting on my RK red swash and a set of extreme skids.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	extreme canopy forum pic 2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	302516   Click image for larger version

Name:	extreme canopy forum pic.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	302517  
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuas View Post

Joshua
I really like what you did with the MCX2 canopy..........but i really love the BL set up....!
Have you posted in another thread how you did the BL conversion and tell which parts you used ?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Here are a couple of updated pics of my bird with the new extreme canopy i got yesterday. I really wanted one in red to match the red blades and the RK stuff i have and the RK stuff that's on the way, but i couldn't find one, but i still like this better than the stock canopy. i also like the fact that each person can put the decals on however they might like.
Still waiting on my RK red swash and a set of extreme skids.
Looks great man! I am still waiting for my frame...next is blade grips and some red blades....after that I think I will leave my.msrx alone unless something breaks....I just baught a 120sr from another member...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelicrasher View Post
Looks great man! I am still waiting for my frame...next is blade grips and some red blades....after that I think I will leave my.msrx alone unless something breaks....I just baught a 120sr from another member...
Thanks !
I think once i get my swash and skids, I'm going to quit spending on this heli. I think i'll fly it for a while now and enjoy it, and then a little later in the spring I will go with some type of CP heli. just don't know which.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuas View Post

INSERT AWESOME PICS HERE
Joshua
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
I really like what you did with the MCX2 canopy..........but i really love the BL set up....!
Have you posted in another thread how you did the BL conversion and tell which parts you used ?
+1 Man, give up the details on the conversion! Awesome looking work. Any flight vids or reviews on the handling with the BL motor from you yet? I have a spare mCX2 tail with the lights already stripped out of it... maybe I'll have to see how it fits behind the stock mSR X canopy.

Anyway, hee's how mine sits for now.

Just made the solid 2mm boom last night with a broken mCP X/v.2 tail I had (went with a 6" piece, about an inch longer than the mCPx/v.2 tail) and re-wired with some better wire while I was at it. Also installed my RKH frame. The install was very easy although I didn't check the mesh of the motor and the gear until after the board was on like a dummy. Then I of course had to take it back off and line it up perfect. This frame is great in that it allows you to move the motor quite a bit to get the right mesh. I can only suppose it will make any BL conversion easier. I also cleaned the servo contact points (FILTHY BTW). Finally I put a new set of blades on. I still have to add my silver blade accents like my old set and my tail rotor. Got a red set too but I'm not gonna install those until I get the RKH rotor hub and the shaft collar.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Burnoutboy how does that fly? I wonder at what point the tail motor becomes too far back and causes a reduction in forward flight performance......are you putting weight in the nose to adjust the cog?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stable as hell sport flying. Haven't tried any stunt flying yet. Havent put any weight in the front, there's a VERY slight rearward drift. I never trimmed the swash for the mCP X tail though let alone this beast. I may manually trim at the linkages but it's the most stable it's ever been in stationary piros now as is so I may just leave it. It's still plenty fast in FFF.

That said, I already changed it up a bit LOL. Took the stock mSR X tail and the mCX2 tail that I robbed the lighting from to make my lit CF mCX2 tail, left them in a dark room with some champagne in a bucket of ice and some Barry White playing...

It's a little heavy but it flies great at full throttle LOL. Gotta figure out where to lose some fat. I'm still TOTALLY in love with the 6" boom and just did this to see how hard it'd be after seeing the BL conversion with the full mCX2 canopy. The mCX2 tail fits the frame on the stock holes but to line it up right you have to move the top holes forward and up ever so slightly.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
Stable as hell sport flying. Haven't tried any stunt flying yet. Havent put any weight in the front, there's a VERY slight rearward drift. I never trimmed the swash for the mCP X tail though let alone this beast. I may manually trim at the linkages but it's the most stable it's ever been in stationary piros now as is so I may just leave it. It's still plenty fast in FFF.

That said, I already changed it up a bit LOL. Took the stock mSR X tail and the mCX2 tail that I robbed the lighting from to make my lit CF mCX2 tail, left them in a dark room with some champagne in a bucket of ice and some Barry White playing...

It's a little heavy but it flies great at full throttle LOL. Gotta figure out where to lose some fat. I'm still TOTALLY in love with the 6" boom and just did this to see how hard it'd be after seeing the BL conversion with the full mCX2 canopy. The mCX2 tail fits the frame on the stock holes but to line it up right you have to move the top holes forward and up ever so slightly.
That looks really good man. I love the red blades, I have a set and ordered a set of the orange blades yesterday and a set of the lime green KBDD tail rotors.........should be very colorful, but should also make it much more visible when it is a little further away from me.
..........LOL at the Barry White reference......I believe ( if i can remember that far back, 28 years ago ) that's how my daughter came to this world...lol !
Barry has done a lot of that !
Old 03-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

With that tail on my batts arent lasting lng at all. Motors not getting hot though. I'm wondering if I just didnt have a proper charge on the batts. I REALLY need a good charger. No money though .

Old 03-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Increased flight time with custom blades

Here is a shot of my heli. I have the RKH blade mount, hub, and swash plate installed. I have also installed the MCP X tail boom. The last mod that I did was modify a 3 blade GWS counter rotating prop so that I could use them as my rotor blades. With each prop you get a full set of blades and a spare. To mod the prop blades so that they could work took about an hour, but now I think that I could do bothe blades in about a half an hour. With my miniaviation 190 battery I was able to achieve ~8 minutes of flight time (i think that it was closer to 8.5 min, but i was just using the computer clock not a stop watch). The heli is stable and not darty. I am not sure, but it may lower top speed a bit. The rotor diameter is now 8.2" or so in diameter. This is about 1" bigger than stock. It hovers on about 25% less throttle than before. So far I have put 2 batteries through it and I cannot find anything I do not like about the mod. It seems to be a bit more stable in piros that with the stock blades. I still need to balance the blades, but this is now a heli that you can actually do something with in stead of waiting for batteries to charge.

Adam

Dang looks like I will need to do this on my computer not my phone as it does not want to upload my pic.
Aeroengineer1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the pic as promised.

Adam
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	541867_3692912526733_1392891804_33628649_445425834_n.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	303782  
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroengineer1 View Post
Here is a shot of my heli. I have the RKH blade mount, hub, and swash plate installed. I have also installed the MCP X tail boom. The last mod that I did was modify a 3 blade GWS counter rotating prop so that I could use them as my rotor blades. With each prop you get a full set of blades and a spare. To mod the prop blades so that they could work took about an hour, but now I think that I could do bothe blades in about a half an hour. With my miniaviation 190 battery I was able to achieve ~8 minutes of flight time (i think that it was closer to 8.5 min, but i was just using the computer clock not a stop watch). The heli is stable and not darty. I am not sure, but it may lower top speed a bit. The rotor diameter is now 8.2" or so in diameter. This is about 1" bigger than stock. It hovers on about 25% less throttle than before. So far I have put 2 batteries through it and I cannot find anything I do not like about the mod. It seems to be a bit more stable in piros that with the stock blades. I still need to balance the blades, but this is now a heli that you can actually do something with in stead of waiting for batteries to charge.

Adam

Dang looks like I will need to do this on my computer not my phone as it does not want to upload my pic.
Good work, what was the dia/pitch of the donor prop?
did you check motor temps? should be fine as you got extended flights suggesting lower current draw
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I summarized how to do the modification here in this thread. The information was spread across two different threads, and I did not want to water this one down.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=401516

Adam
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am not quite sure why but they are more stable and do perform much better with a full body, i have a larger one with a full body and for sport flying it is much smoother flying
kurmet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tail was NOT the issue... Battery life was NOT the issue. My damn antenna broke off it was just dying when it got too far away and they rebinding when it got closer that's why the battery seemed fine for a bit, then died, then seemed fine again.

Gonna fix the antenna and try some flips with the full body again.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Some new upgrades.

Some updates to mine -

Extended Tail Boom
mCPX Tail Rotor
Xtreme mCPX Landing Skids
Glow in the dark Main Blades

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.