Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogcow View Post
The parts are worth every penny
NOD

LokiNexus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here are some pics of my MSRx

Both birds
Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scooba
Old 05-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Currently:
RKH frame, swash, collar, and blade grips.
KBDD tail rotor and landing skids.
MCPx tail boom
Xtreme rotor head

Last edited by slow_DC4; 05-15-2012 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Resized picture
slow_DC4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #145 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Above is my mcpx......has

KBBD main and tail blades
KBBD main gear
RKH blade grips
MH heads (I like the link guides, dont snap them nearly so much anymore)
MH swash
titanium swash
extended tail boom (6")

It's wearing "stockings" because of a crash about 30 minutes ago that I lucked out on. Came out of a wide fast loop too wide and slid along the concrete at about 10-15 mph

There must be a heli God hovering up there somewhere...............

Broke the matching blue skids, skinned the bottom of the canopy. skinned the end of the main blades. TH saved my butt. All I had to do was drill out the snapped skid piece stuck in the frame, replace, resnap one link back on swash, and was back in the air.

Coming up, RKH frame, white/blue canopy, RKH tail motor mount, and replacement blue skids of course.

Have started on a brushless heli with all the extra parts I have.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-15_20-06-51_991.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	316932  
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #146 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Default OOPS, sorry bout mcpx post, wrong thread

OOPS, wrong thread!

This is my "mosquito"

has:

RKH frame
RKH head
RKH grips
RKH anti rot
RKH swash
extended steel tail boom
RKH rear motor mount
CF tail fin on order, mcpx one is ugly

Am thinking about a brushless for this one too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-05-15_20-17-33_379.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	316936  
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 05-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's cool koi, I don't know about the everybody else but i like looking at all birds ! Both look good !

I had nothing much to do tonight after i got done flying a few packs and i looked over and noticed my MCX. I put some extreme decals I had left over on the white` MCX canopy and thought it didn't look too bad, so I started to wonder if it would fit the MSRX.......... you know, something that maybe a little different, and it did without any problems. the holes lined up perfectly and i just added some small pieces of fuel tubing I had onto the end of the canopy mounts to keep it tight.
Here are a couple of pics of it. This MSRX is the one that i have done most of the mods too, it has the red RKH grips, & swash, black extreme metal head, red blades and green KBDD tail rotor,V2 MCPX boom & motor, also changed it over to the MCPX batteries, and the police special airtime skids.
The other one only has the Micro heli grips and the airtime skids, extreme metal head, MCPX batteries and the MCPX tail boom and motor and the KBDD tail rotor........damn, I guess i done more to it than I thought.......man it's easy to forget what you have done sometimes......lol. Actually, I am just going senile in my old age !
So tell what you think of the MCX canopy ? It's not as tough as the MSRX canopy, but I don't crash as much now either....LOL !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new canopy msrx 2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	316992   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Canopy MSRX.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	316993  
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #148 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

The thing about it is I've done so much to both of my birds that Ive started building second ones from the spare parts....next up is reorganizing parts between them (each type) after I get two each flying and start on BL.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
That's cool koi, I don't know about the everybody else but i like looking at all birds ! Both look good !

I had nothing much to do tonight after i got done flying a few packs and i looked over and noticed my MCX. I put some extreme decals I had left over on the white` MCX canopy and thought it didn't look too bad, so I started to wonder if it would fit the MSRX.......... you know, something that maybe a little different, and it did without any problems. the holes lined up perfectly and i just added some small pieces of fuel tubing I had onto the end of the canopy mounts to keep it tight.
Here are a couple of pics of it. This MSRX is the one that i have done most of the mods too, it has the red RKH grips, & swash, black extreme metal head, red blades and green KBDD tail rotor,V2 MCPX boom & motor, also changed it over to the MCPX batteries, and the police special airtime skids.
The other one only has the Micro heli grips and the airtime skids, extreme metal head, MCPX batteries and the MCPX tail boom and motor and the KBDD tail rotor........damn, I guess i done more to it than I thought.......man it's easy to forget what you have done sometimes......lol. Actually, I am just going senile in my old age !
So tell what you think of the MCX canopy ? It's not as tough as the MSRX canopy, but I don't crash as much now either....LOL !
I think it looks good, and hey if you're not crashing as much now why need a stronger canopy right? And hey look at the bright side, if you do take a gnarly spill at least you have your stock canopy to put back on!
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default im back :)

long time no post but got a mrs x this time..msr was a total fail for me broke to easy..

enough talking heres mine..stock for now just upgrade the head from the the msr i had..

cut the bottom canopy and trim the top for better forward speed/reverse..also tail fin for spinning around ..

Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dude View Post
long time no post but got a mrs x this time..msr was a total fail for me broke to easy..

enough talking heres mine..stock for now just upgrade the head from the the msr i had..

cut the bottom canopy and trim the top for better forward speed/reverse..also tail fin for spinning around ..

Looks good cool_dude !
But why did you cut the bottom of the canopy out like that and how does it help ? Not questioning what you did, just trying to get more info in case it's something I might want to try !

It does look like it might help keep the motor cool with better air flow through the canopy.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Looks good cool_dude !
But why did you cut the bottom of the canopy out like that and how does it help ? Not questioning what you did, just trying to get more info in case it's something I might want to try !

It does look like it might help keep the motor cool with better air flow through the canopy.
yeah i cut the bottom canopy for better air flow plus when im flying backward fast it helps and dont act like a parachute causing air drag..also when im flying backwards i get a lift affect too.. the air just gets sucked inn and gets push out on the bottom like a jet engine kind of.. before you do cut it fly a couple of packs going backward and get the feel of it then cut it youll see what i mean..i fly indoor so not sure about outside affects just depends on wind if its calm.. i only fly for like 3:15 seconds i fly this little bird like a bat out of hell motor is already getting burnt i have to spin the blades for the motor to start spinning.. like them old classic air prop planes anyways fun little heli
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very interesting idea....

Thanks for sharing your pics. Love seeing others birds.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I ordered some parts from RKH and it took less than 10 days to get them. So here is the Merquito with RKH Blade Grips and Swashplate I also added the Grommets to all of the Ball connectors.

As you can see I haven't installed all the parts yet, I'm looking for a way to attach the LED on the Tail to the new Tail Rotor mount. As for Fit and Finnish it is spot on I didn't have to make a single adjustment to the servo pushrods or trim. Flight is smoother and the Tail Rotor doesn't seem to be working as hard.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #155 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

RKH is the bomb, really impressed with their stuff

Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
RKH is the bomb, really impressed with their stuff
I love their stuff and micro heli also !
I just spent a bunch on a micro heli swash, and RKH grips, red main hub and the red cnc collar and the black n white extreme canopy for my V1 MCPX and a few other parts....LOL
I just can't seem to help myself ! I have never been in a hobby where i wanted to spend so much on something I am not very good at yet.....lol
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still waiting for mine! Since now the MSR doesn't want to fly straight; it will be striped & replaced by the "X".
Chuchuchip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got one today....here is my pic...just stock for now.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Just got one today....here is my pic...just stock for now.

My guess is it wont stay stock for long....LOL !
I think i talked you to over on the MCX forum a couple of months ago.....right ?
Glad to see you over here now !
This heli takes a little getting use to, but I think after you get the feel of it, you'll be like most of us on here and it will become one of your favorites !
I love both my MCPX's, but still really enjoy flying these birds !
Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep....that be me......I got to hover, but my flying space isn't really big enough...I took her outside this morning and WOW!!!!

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in