Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Basically you connect the bec pro to the first pack in series. So it just picks up 6s, and still has the correct ground reference relative to the ESC.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am not going to use the pro bec for my flight batteries, just the receiver batteries, I am going to run two, since I have that stupid gp900. the receiver has to be powered along with the gp900 but I do not want my whole heli depending on just the gp900 alone, I prefer to have my ar8000 in the mix also just for reassurance.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
I am not going to use the pro bec for my flight batteries, just the receiver batteries, I am going to run two, since I have that stupid gp900. the receiver has to be powered along with the gp900 but I do not want my whole heli depending on just the gp900 alone, I prefer to have my ar8000 in the mix also just for reassurance.
I see. So you have a 2S Lipo feeding the BEC Pro input (which I think has a 6V minimum input voltage requirement). But you're using 2 BEC Pro's as well? So one is feeding the tail gyro and tail servo, while the other is feeding the AR8000 RX along with the cyclic servos?

Yucky. On my 700e I just run a single WR bec and I plan to do the same on the Goblin. Yah, this gets into the same BEC vs RX pack debate so I won't go there. But when I really analyze the failure points in our models, there are so many single points of failure, that running a reliable BEC didn't seem like a bad compromise to me.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

One word of caution though. Make sure the BEC's can't "see" each other and are electrically isolated. You don't want 2 BEC's plugged into the same power bus.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #45 (permalink)

noooooooooooooooooooooo i am not running two pro bec i am running two 2 cell batteries, one will power the gp900 and one will power the ar8000. since the bec can handle more then that, i am trying to figure out how to route one battery to the gp900 and one to my ar8000 using one bec pro. (the flight packs are only going to my esc) I may run the align bec to the gp900 only if i can not get the pro bec to work.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

schu is right in all points.you can get the server power supplys for 40bucks online.spend as much as you can on batts,you really do get what ya pay for here.don't worry about the build ,trex's just about build themselves.i just got into helis this year but flew planes since the early 90's,and i've never seen a female fly?i think it's great and wish there were a few in my club,probably wouldn't hear so much bs.have fun!
004ustamok is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

j'm just wondering,why are the ladies tucked away in their own little room?or do you travel around all of hf?by the way,the 700 is an awesome heli!theres ten or so wherei'm flying set up close to what you'er talking aboutthey are tame and wicked at the same time ,you won't be dissapointed
004ustamok is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats on the new heli Sarah! And maybe the addition of the Sk720 into the mix?
Lmh.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #49 (permalink)

Hey guess what I am the new proud owner of a orange and yellow sab goblin 700. I did try to order the 720 with it, but they do not have any more. SO I will wait until the black edition comes out. I am so bubbalicous excited lol. I wonder if SAB will ever make a nice bright pink version of the goblin lol. When I get it I will post some pictures of it.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have seen custom pink canopies.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
Hey guess what I am the new proud owner of a orange and yellow sab goblin 700.

Good Jobber

Looks like you are "On top of your game", but if you haven't already stuck your nose in the S.A.B. Sticky's - here is a thread that will be your friend when the time comes to build Mr. Gob.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...393871&page=14

PS. Don't tell anyone I was in this forum, I just ran in here - one time - to see what the "girls locker room" looked like. hehe

Wiz
Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #52 (permalink)

ahhh thanks, for the information and it is a good thing that when i walk around in the girls locker room i always have a towel on, or clothes
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim martin View Post
schu is right in all points.you can get the server power supplys for 40bucks online.spend as much as you can on batts,you really do get what ya pay for here.don't worry about the build ,trex's just about build themselves.i just got into helis this year but flew planes since the early 90's,and i've never seen a female fly?i think it's great and wish there were a few in my club,probably wouldn't hear so much bs.have fun!
I am the only girl flys at my club... I have seen a few girls on bb but not many girls around
my area in GA who fly.... I have been into the hobby almost 4yrs now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim martin View Post
j'm just wondering,why are the ladies tucked away in their own little room?or do you travel around all of hf?by the way,the 700 is an awesome heli!theres ten or so wherei'm flying set up close to what you'er talking aboutthey are tame and wicked at the same time ,you won't be dissapointed
Most guys dont see women as rc pilots.. they see us a photo models or wives.. I post all over heli freak n rcgroups... I dont get to fly much due to school n work...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned User

A pink goblin would be too cool. Sarah do you know any airbrush artists in your area?

Btw got a chuckle out of the girls locker room thing. Practically anywhere else on HF it seems like a boys locker room.

Bunch of sloping forehead, knuckle dragging, unibrowed... lemme stop before I get in trouble.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
A pink goblin would be too cool. Sarah do you know any airbrush artists in your area?

Btw got a chuckle out of the girls locker room thing. Practically anywhere else on HF it seems like a boys locker room.

Bunch of sloping forehead, knuckle dragging, unibrowed... lemme stop before I get in trouble.
LOL

epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Canomod makes Pink Goblin canopies for 700 as well as for 630 I actually got my Goblin just because I have seen Suzi's Pink G700 and thought it is the coolest thing and I must get it! I have so far just the orange version but I love it anyway I have Pink canopies for my Vibe 90SG and Titan X50 by MaskPro Canopies and they look just cool!
Airkid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrcgirl09 View Post
I am the only girl flys at my club... I have seen a few girls on bb but not many girls around
my area in GA who fly.... I have been into the hobby almost 4yrs now...

Most guys dont see women as rc pilots.. they see us a photo models or wives.. I post all over heli freak n rcgroups... I dont get to fly much due to school n work...

We're trying our best in the Civil Air Patrol to change all that. AMA & CAP just published a "partnering" agreement. (It's called MARC) I've been training girl and boy Cadets on the buddy box for several years at our base, now I can take them to my club field. There's one young lady in our squadron who desperately wants to be a pilot, and I'm gonna get her there or die in the attempt.

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Mustang Fever is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fever View Post
We're trying our best in the Civil Air Patrol to change all that. AMA & CAP just published a "partnering" agreement. (It's called MARC) I've been training girl and boy Cadets on the buddy box for several years at our base, now I can take them to my club field. There's one young lady in our squadron who desperately wants to be a pilot, and I'm gonna get her there or die in the attempt.
That is just plain awesomeness Mustang!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Tam.

I would encourage you ladies who love model aviation to explore the possibility of becoming Aerospace Education Officers at a local Civil Air Patrol Squadron.

It's volunteering at its best, and operates on many levels. As an AEO, you work with young people in a lot of hands on projects, but that's just the beginning. Many of these kids don't have good adult examples at home, and you can make a tremendous difference in their lives just by being at the CAP meetings and letting them see what's possible.

If you would like to discuss this with another lady who was the AEO at my unit before she became the commander, let me know and I'll give you her email address.

Anyway, enough of the sales pitch, here's a link you can look at if you're interested:

http://gocivilairpatrol.com/

-Gen. Chuck Yeager
Mustang Fever is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #60 (permalink)

If any lady is interested on how to build a goblin 700 I am doing a build thread in the SAB section for my goblin that I am building. Feel free to follow along and give advice where needed

sarah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in