Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X5

X5 Discussion and support of the Gaui X5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Little help info about the stock ESC needed

Hi

Just got my self a new X5 premium kit, ITS ballistic.
Thing im wondering is about the stock esc, as far as i know its not in govern mode, but seems to be the same headspeed on 75% thottle and 100%
I ran a turnigy nanotech 4400 battery 65c in it and flew for like 2:30min and had only 38% left after doing 3D at my lvl(witch isnt too high)
Do i need to lower even more on throttle % to achive lower headspeed without gov and by reading loads of post i seem to get so little flight times compared to others(might be poor pitch handling though) Any thoughts?

Still waiting on HW rpm sensor to use with HV setup and Vbar just so i could tame the beast little bit
Dabo83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went through the same thing during my first dozen or so flights and found my throttle was not calibrated correctly. In my case, it felt as though the throttle was at 100% at 1/2 and above.

This post resolved my issue:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=470342

John
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your ESC definitely needs calibration. Unplug your motor, turn on your TX and move throttle to 100%, then plug in your pack. When the ESC makes pairs of beeps, put your throttle to zero. It should beep six times and your throttle will be calibrated.

I ran into the same thing. With that being said, 2:30 at 100% throttle does seem very low. I am flying 4:30 at 100% and putting 80% (3200) back in my gens 4000s.
Gaui X5 HW 100A V3,Gaui 4020-910,KST, iKon
lucidchaos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flew it today but since i red theese post first now i flew useing 70% throttle witch made it easier. But then again after a fligt i went back to full again... just gives me the grin cant really help it

I will defently check the calibrations of the esc.
and for the flight time it just seems to get longer and longer the more i get used to it, up to about 4mins 100%.

Cheers for the info`s much appreciated.
Dabo83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run 100% TC and get 4min flat with 4000 Turnigy blues with 3D and hard sport flying. I get between 20-30% left depending on how hard I fly.

I love the performance and would rather get 4m flat than 6 min cruising my heli around like others at my field.

No one uses the HWing gov and just runs a flat TC with the stock ESC...unless you use the FBL unit's gov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo83 View Post
Hi

Just got my self a new X5 premium kit, ITS ballistic.
Thing im wondering is about the stock esc, as far as i know its not in govern mode, but seems to be the same headspeed on 75% thottle and 100%
I ran a turnigy nanotech 4400 battery 65c in it and flew for like 2:30min and had only 38% left after doing 3D at my lvl(witch isnt too high)
Do i need to lower even more on throttle % to achive lower headspeed without gov and by reading loads of post i seem to get so little flight times compared to others(might be poor pitch handling though) Any thoughts?

Still waiting on HW rpm sensor to use with HV setup and Vbar just so i could tame the beast little bit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in