mQX - DX6i Settings - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol dude...glad i'm not the only one to admit that i'm a bit whipped by the wife....be like me and lie about the price man...i just hope UPS shows up when shes not home...i was just chasing her with my msr and she got mad and grabbed it...i told her she broke it (she didn't)..and so now i have to buy another one....
cappy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
lol dude...glad i'm not the only one to admit that i'm a bit whipped by the wife....be like me and lie about the price man...i just hope UPS shows up when shes not home...i was just chasing her with my msr and she got mad and grabbed it...i told her she broke it (she didn't)..and so now i have to buy another one....
lol dude we could be brothers

If my wife does finnally notice it I am gonna tell her I just put 4 of my helis all together to fly as one.

Just gotta intercept that credit card bill before she does. I work in a warehouse and we get UPS everyday so I am lucky there because I just get all of my "illegal" purchases sent to work

Bud!
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
@sweatypalms - We put it in acro mode because that is what the manual says. It flies great in acro mode but I like heli mode better because you can set all DR to the flight mode switch.
I understand that. But what I mean is....why would the manual recommend acro mode? Like I said, I'm flying in heli mode, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Sweaty Palms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Acro vs Heli mode

You have two choices for setting up the mQX:
1. Acro model type
2. Heli model type with 1 servo/90 degree cyclic mix

The main idea is to make sure any cyclic mix is turned off. The Spektrum transmitters come out of the box with Acro as the default, so all you need to do is bind it. Just one less step to go through, but you can definitely set it up as Heli with no cyclic mix if you want to. Either way works.
weld8704 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

In their podcast they mention that the 4-in-1 board is pre-programmed with 40% expo: http://horizonhobby.cachefly.net/pod...ast_010512.mp3 (about 11 minutes in)

It can be counteracted with - 40% expo settings in you transmitter.
Spektrum: DX8 - AMA #967873 - IRCHA #4095
nick_onelove is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweaty Palms View Post
I understand that. But what I mean is....why would the manual recommend acro mode? Like I said, I'm flying in heli mode, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Sorry I guess I misunderstood you at first. I have now flown a bunch of flights and you are definitely not missing anything using heli mode. As a matter of fact if you are more of a heli guy like me I think heli mode is better.

As I said before you can assign all your DR to one switch and you can make your throttle hold work. TH was killing me in acro mode because I am so used to helis I instantly hit TH when crashing or in trouble. Made my Q do the chicken dance a couple of times and just stood there like "wtf why is it doing that". Then I realized I needed to lower the throttle stick.

Now I am flying in heli mode and it flies the same but I have TH back which is easier for my brain and the DR are on a simple switch.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post
In their podcast they mention that the 4-in-1 board is pre-programmed with 40% expo: http://horizonhobby.cachefly.net/pod...ast_010512.mp3 (about 11 minutes in)

It can be counteracted with - 40% expo settings in you transmitter.
That is great info to know ty for sharing
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

i had no idea that they had a PodCast it was kinda cool to listen to it!!! but on it the mention that the mQX already has a 40% Expo.....

What does that mean?
gooberguz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
lmfao dude!!! Check out this video it is my maiden flight. You here me in the beginning blaming my buddy Farmer Dave for the purchase. I think I said "next time you put a gun to my head shoot me!" because that is what the wife is gonna do when she finds out I put $140 bucks on the discover card.

Funny thing is she has walked past this thing for 3 days now and watched some video of me flying and still hasn't questioned it lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqK7...24AUAAAAAAAEAA

Here is one I just did of my attempt to show stability lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1CI...5aAUAAAAAAAAAA
Lmao Leo stop blaming me

ok maybe i did kinda bug you to get one for a few days

im almost done with my fpv setup, when im done i'll post a instructional video on my fpv setup, i bought another mqx to fly and bash and flip out in the front yard, and one for strictly fpv..

i know your dying to see a vid by now i been so lazy about flying and videos hav'nt even been flying my genius either just working on my compass 7hv and mqx fpv system lol

will give you a sneak peak tomorrow

ttyl bud

sold my trex 550 today btw, i kinda regret it but i needed those extra batteries lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry I guess I misunderstood you at first. I have now flown a bunch of flights and you are definitely not missing anything using heli mode. As a matter of fact if you are more of a heli guy like me I think heli mode is better.

As I said before you can assign all your DR to one switch and you can make your throttle hold work. TH was killing me in acro mode because I am so used to helis I instantly hit TH when crashing or in trouble. Made my Q do the chicken dance a couple of times and just stood there like "wtf why is it doing that". Then I realized I needed to lower the throttle stick.

Now I am flying in heli mode and it flies the same but I have TH back which is easier for my brain and the DR are on a simple switch.
Ah ok. That explains it perfectly! Thanks! Could you tell me what Throttle Hold does? I have a couple of heli's, but have never messed with this button.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ah ok. That explains it perfectly! Thanks! Could you tell me what Throttle Hold does? I have a couple of heli's, but have never messed with this button.
Throttle hold just kills the motor/motors instantly. Not needed with a FP heli but you can't fly a CP heli without it. Well I guess you could if you only fly in normal mode but what fun would that be.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberguz View Post
i had no idea that they had a PodCast it was kinda cool to listen to it!!! but on it the mention that the mQX already has a 40% Expo.....

What does that mean?
It means its as if you programmed 40% expo on your transmitter. Except its all taking place in the 4-in-1 board. It can be counteracted by programming negative - 40% expo into your transmitter.

The mQX is a little twitchy, but IMO 40% is way too much. The stick is practically dead in the center, then if you really throw the stick it suddenly flips over. I decided to negate half of the built-in expo by programmed in negative - 20% expo. So that makes it like 20% positive expo, if that makes sense.

I've also found increasing servo travel to the max helps with flips and rolls, and I figure it's alright since there's no actual servos to risk binding.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Throttle hold just kills the motor/motors instantly. Not needed with a FP heli but you can't fly a CP heli without it. Well I guess you could if you only fly in normal mode but what fun would that be.
So would TH simple have the same effect as pulling the left stick all the way down? And what other mode is there besides normal mode? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got to fly mine last night at the complex raquet ball quart, it's still a small area but not nearly as small as my apartment. Wow, this mqx is like a rocket. I had a hard time keeping it under control. I backed my expo off to 50% just to be able to fly a little.

On my next flight, I think I'll set it up in heli mode. I have a DX7s and maybe some of the more experienced pilots could share their settings in heli mode for the mqx
skipper1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So would TH simple have the same effect as pulling the left stick all the way down? And what other mode is there besides normal mode? Thanks.
Yes throttle hold has exactly the same effect as just pulling the left stick all the way down. It just cuts everything instantly with the flick of a switch.

There is no other mode but normal mode with the mQx but with a CP heli you have idle up or stunt mode as it is called sometimes. When in that mode your motor runs at max throttle setting and you just control the pitch of the blades.

If you pull the left stick down when in idle up/stunt mode on a CP heli it will PLOW it into the pavement!

Have fun
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
I finally got to fly mine last night at the complex raquet ball quart, it's still a small area but not nearly as small as my apartment. Wow, this mqx is like a rocket. I had a hard time keeping it under control. I backed my expo off to 50% just to be able to fly a little.

On my next flight, I think I'll set it up in heli mode. I have a DX7s and maybe some of the more experienced pilots could share their settings in heli mode for the mqx
I don't claim to be experienced by any means but I will tell you what I have noticed. Inside I like at least 20% expo with 75% dual rates.

I was flying with 100% rates and 20% expo outside but it seemed like the copter was fighting me in any kind of fast flight. Lots of "dead" area at center stick. Then you finnally hit the spot on the stick where the thing moves and it is just to much and the gyros take over.

Today I upped my travel adjust to 120% dual rates at 100% and set expo to Inhibit. Was kind of touchy but Iam going to try this outside for awhile.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmWDIkvkGBQ[/ame]
Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lots of "dead" area at center stick. Then you finnally hit the spot on the stick where the thing moves and it is just to much and the gyros take over.
It's because there's 40% expo pre-programmed into the 4-in-1 board. Like I said I programmed in negative - 20% expo to counteract some of it and make control more consistent throughout the entire stick range.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post
It's because there's 40% expo pre-programmed into the 4-in-1 board. Like I said I programmed in negative - 20% expo to counteract some of it and make control more consistent throughout the entire stick range.
I'm with ya bro

Why I set up the way I did today and thank you. I just set my expo to Inhibit so I guess I am still getting the programmed in 40%. Seems a little twitchy but outside it is tollerable.

I really hate that dead center stick and then all of the sudden BOOM! Then I am out of control and so are the gyros. Gonna try to get used to this first then maybe will start cancelling out the built in expo.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took my MQX outside for the first time this morning in about 10mph winds. It handled the winds impressively well, and we were doing flips and rolls with ease. My DX6I settings are as follows:

Low Rate:
50% on all D/R and INH expo

High Rate:
100% on all D/R and -20% on expo

Flying in Heli mode
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Took my MQX outside for the first time this morning in about 10mph winds. It handled the winds impressively well, and we were doing flips and rolls with ease. My DX6I settings are as follows:

Low Rate:
50% on all D/R and INH expo

High Rate:
100% on all D/R and -20% on expo

Flying in Heli mode
I am now comfortably using :

Low rate: 75% ail/ele 100% rud 20% expo

High rate : 100% ail/ele/rud 10% expo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.