Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default removing 3n1 and installing brushless main motor and dd tail

Hi,

as the subject says, I am installing a brushless main motor and also added a heading hold telebee gyro and ics50 esc and direct drive tail motor. I have a trex 450 and 600 so this shouldn't be that hard for me.

It appears I have fried the brushless esc judging from the smoke emitting as I plugged it in, it was a cheap rcexpert one and may have been defective from the start.

Anyway, I figured I would try it just with the tail esc as that seems to provide power to the system. I have the telebee heading hold plugged into channel 4 and 5 and I plugged in the battery to the esc. the dd motor spun like crazy, seemed to be responding slightly to the gyro if I moved it side to side but I was getting no rudder control at all. The rest of the servos seemed to be moving although maybe not as much as they should. Did I just fry everything? I'm assuming now that I'm supposed to remove the bec from one of the controllers? do I remove it from the tail controller going into the gyro?

Did I just fry everything?? Also, the tail motor was really really hot.
robl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

you only need one bec. id use the main esc for the bec. just grad the eflite 20amp esc that is in the book.gyro plugs into channel 4 and the tail esc plugs into the side fo the gyro.. make its put in there correct.. i just plug it in the same way that the wires come out of the gyro the tx. meaning that the black wire is on the right side
txflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

so remove the red wire for the tail esc then? anyone have any tips for the other problems above?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried the tail esc on the main throttle circuit, when I plug it in, my tail motor just spins, no control over the esc, I think its fried? any opinions.

Oh I'm using the esc50 as that said it was for lipos. should I use the ics50?

Edit looks like this was posted a few too many times, hopefully someone can delete a few of these.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

something might be fried. try taking it to a lhs and ahve them look at it.. if you supplyed power to both esc WITH BOTH ESC'S BEC ENABLED then im puretty sure you fried something.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea, the brushless esc definately fried, I will probably just spend 12 bucks and buy another tail esc.

does it matter whether its ics50 or esc50 or is one preferable?
Old 06-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

i wouldnt know, id hold off till some one else can chime in on that one..
Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea, it was fried, I put in a new tail esc and now it works, I just need to figure out if its going in the right direction.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

right rudder should spin the heli to the left...i think.. on my pro when i give right rudderthe tails pins to the left.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl
yea, it was fried, I put in a new tail esc and now it works, I just need to figure out if its going in the right direction.
disengage the main motor but leave the tail motor connected. turn ur tx on and then plug the battery in. after the hh gyro initializes, swing the tail to the right, the gyro should spin the tail rotor to counteract the motion. if all goes well, you know that it is going the right way.
eddo22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe my rudder is setup correctly, now I just gotta make sure the head is not bent and I can eventually try this thing out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in