Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default MSH FBL Controller developper wants to sell to competitors!!

Look at this!

I can't believe this.

Was soo looking forward to this...

http://msheli.com/Home.aspx
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hard to believe someone else already bought it.

Wonder who?

Total BS.
Ecaf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know I'll get flamed for this, but Align stole the Compass FBL head. It's highly likely they want MSH's FBL unit too.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

wonder if the "seller" was an actual employee or a contractor. Curious if there was a specific non compete clause in the contract. Sometimes companies forget to put specific language in a contract to keep this from happening.

We're only hearing a glimpse of the true story...why did the developer leave? Did MSH crawfish in an agreement, not pay what they were supposed too? Maybe what was being sold was one of the "we're not interested in that idea" things, so he took it else where
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanh View Post
We're only hearing a glimpse of the true story...why did the developer leave? Did MSH crawfish in an agreement, not pay what they were supposed too? Maybe what was being sold was one of the "we're not interested in that idea" things, so he took it else where

Look at the thread in the MSH protos forum. The FBL unit was well into development. Tareq had even flown it. So I'd say that MSH where very much still interested.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
Look at the thread in the MSH protos forum. The FBL unit was well into development. Tareq had even flown it. So I'd say that MSH where very much still interested.
And they were showing it off at the Nuremberg toy fair, anticipating launch this year.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecaf View Post
And they were showing it off at the Nuremberg toy fair, anticipating launch this year.
Might have done too good a job.

I sincerely hope they get this resolved! I will boycott whoever buys this FBL unit if they don't come to an agreement with MSH.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

so far we still only have a partial story here. What are all the facts involved here? If you are only supporting MSH here, your faith may be founed in the wrong direction.

What if MSH told the developer that he was to share in the sales, then they crawfished the deal...you still want to support a company that steels and lies to the employees?

speaking from experience, employees generally don't just up and run off with data/property unless they're driven too by some situation. The question that should be asked is "what caused this employee to run off"?
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
Old 02-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanh View Post
so far we still only have a partial story here. What are all the facts involved here? If you are only supporting MSH here, your faith may be founed in the wrong direction.

What if MSH told the developer that he was to share in the sales, then they crawfished the deal...you still want to support a company that steels and lies to the employees?

speaking from experience, employees generally don't just up and run off with data/property unless they're driven too by some situation. The question that should be asked is "what caused this employee to run off"?
The developer was an outside individual, not an employee....
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most likely the dude is a DB but that finger may very well point at MSH too but, what does his contract say? It may very well have left out some important legal language. Could be that MSH had a breach of contract...we just don't know.

Wonder if this outside contractor already had a rough system developed then things went sour with the agreement.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

OR they got greedy and realised they could get more $ by using all the hard work MSH put into the system and selling it to a competitor.

You are right about us not knowing the full story. But I have far more faith in MSH than an unknown source, MSH has a track record of looking after it's customers.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I agree though that we only know MSH's part.. But our company has been in the same situation before and it cost us quite a chunk of $$ to get what was our due...

I hope this gets resolved soon as this was looking promising on many levels..
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, I have no doubt this guy got pissed or thought he could make a quick buck. Just I know how companies are.

When I was a gunsmith, the company had work that they were turning away. I suggested that this was a bad idea which was turned around on me by "ok, can you do this job or that job"...specifically asking about jobs I've never done or had very little experience at, so "NO" was the answer. Well, they kept turning away work. So, I took it.

They realized not too long after how much money I was making on the side, remember they told the customer to find another gunsmith...they did, me. I was under no agreement that I could not do this work.

So what did this well known "customer oriented" company do, they fired me for doing the work on the side.

I know that this isn't a good comparison, just showing a situation on how companies really are. In the above case, it was a slap in the face on profit loss.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find it slightly strange that MSH would post this sort of message publicly on their site. Kinda unprofessional IMO. Get a lawyer and go after him. Public hangings were outlawed a long time ago.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is not happening in the USA.
mattmezz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
I find it slightly strange that MSH would post this sort of message publicly on their site. Kinda unprofessional IMO. Get a lawyer and go after him. Public hangings were outlawed a long time ago.
Italians like to air their dirty laundry in the most public plaza they can find.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
This is probably the only recourse MSH has. Most likely the company that bought the IP is a foreign company. It would be very cost prohibitive for MSH to take legal action. So exposing the other party is the only thing they could do. If I was in the same situation, I would do the same and expose the other party.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not enough information for me to make any kind of decision on who did what. The statement that MSH put on the website is equivalent to someone on facebook says "You a$$hole. Give it back" and expect everyone to know what is going on.

We need both side of the situation before we point blame and throw rocks
Elgyn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
Italians like to air their dirty laundry in the most public plaza they can find.
hmm.

Last edited by mattmezz; 02-14-2012 at 04:46 PM..
mattmezz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

The other side of the history in similar situations could be: had the developer a regular contract and have been paid for the work done? The working conditions in many small Italian companies are often very difficult. It's difficult having an opinion without knowing what happened.
alexvan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in