Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X7

X7 Discussion and support of the Gaui X7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Now I have funds and I'm waiting on parts. No canopies and no main shafts! Hurry up Gaui!
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rob back in action today!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG388.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	297611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG389.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	297612  
Old 03-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

tops to see. Thanks for the pics Slyster

Nice field but what's with the white grass????

Happy flying

Vas
torana74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to say, cheap crash costs. Actually somewhat amazing.

I can't count blades, as there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between 600's and 700's costs, and canopy costs vary greatly it seems, just look at the Logo canopys.

Not including these standard crash costs, I'd say you got off incredibly cheap, especially considering how hard it hit.

I am looking at 700's, and while I like the ability to buy Align parts almost anywhere locally, and at fun flys etc, the crash costs are much higher, for a much less quality bird.

Trying to get my LHS to start to carry Gaui.
Trex 600 ESP, Gaui 425
edhall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhall View Post
I am looking at 700's, and while I like the ability to buy Align parts almost anywhere locally, and at fun flys etc, the crash costs are much higher, for a much less quality bird.

Trying to get my LHS to start to carry Gaui.
Be sure to qualify your statement when you make those claims. I have built 3 trex 700e's and a Gaui X5. -The 700e is every bit as good if not better quality in my opinion. I have not built an X7 so I cant comment on that, but it seems neither have you.

Last edited by rotaryguy; 03-14-2012 at 09:27 AM..
rotaryguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I beg to differ. I have built 5 aligns and 3 gaui's.

Each one has a little nuance here and there but overall the quality of the Gaui's seemed far better and more thought out then the aligns.

For example

Frames: Gaui thinner then align more robust
Head: I thought the 550 head on the align was much sloppier then the X5 head.
Power: STOCK options, the X 5 flies WAY smoother and has almost twice the power as the 550. The 550 was an under powered brick.

Although either heli would be a good heli to have, I wouldn't trade my Gaui's for an Align ever. In fact, soon after getting my X5 and especially my Fusion, all my Align helis were sold off one by one.
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thats funny - The Fusion 50 I built was terrible. I had to get Outrage to replace several key parts just to get it assembled, the one-way sleeve wasnt even close to round, the main shaft would not even slide through, the tail pitch slider was rediculously sloppy, etc.... My X5 I had to sand the main shaft to press the head block on, the swashplate had more than 1mm of slop between the inner/outer race, the tail drive gear was far out of round, etc., tec... I guess we each have our opinions of what quality is. Thinner, robust, flies smoother and power certainly dont equal "Quality" in my opinion. I have built upwards of 40+ E helis across many different brands and the current Align offerings "IN MY OPINION" are next to impossible to beat. I sold off my Logo's, Roxxter, Outrage, Gaui, Eolo, Thunder Tiger, etc., etc., to go back to Align. . You mention the 550 - I agree to the point it felt underpowered and think its the least liked Align by me. The 500EFl, 600EFL and 700E are fantastic models. Again, this is my opinion, based on many years and MANY, MANY models through my hands.
rotaryguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do like the Trex 500 and honestly I think you got a bad batch of helis for your Fusion and Gaui.
In the Fusion forums there is a guy that "hated" his fusion till he got it right, not fault of the manufacturer. After that he said he liked it better then his 600 EFL due to the size and flexability of the bird, and there are a couple of comparisions out there. But its all a matter of opinion honestly. They are all good some prefer one over another.

I mean, if you like driving the chevy cruze thats on you, I just prefer the dodge viper.

Look more into the X7 forum, I mean you are here posting about your aligns but if you read more of the posts you will see from MANY 700 users say that the X7 is much better in terms of quality and there are no "upgrades" to be done. Standard stuff on the X7 will cost a LOT on the "Quality" stuff on the 700. I mean even align is "upgrading" their own heli to compete. Look at the new head that is coming out for the 700, and the missing 3rd bearing block everyone is complaining about. How about that quality main gear on the 700e vs that monster gear on the X7. The list goes on and on my friend.
The X5 on the other hand blows anything away in the same class and I would say it even almost out performs the 600 class, nearly. Look at the 600 EFL pro, unless your running a 2400 head speed the tail has its issues. Im sure with the number of helis you have built you have a lot more expericne, and well for me, I only had to build a few helis and after switching from the align to the Fusion and Gaui, it would be very hard for me to ever go back.
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Rob, Main shafts are in stock at Empire. FYI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in