Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Electronics

KDS Electronics KDS Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default flymentor

does any one no if the fly mentor can be used for multi bladed heads or is just meant for 2 bladed set ups ? i have a 4 blade head that i want to put on my rex and then install in a ah64 apache fuse thanks in advance
joshwat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry no it can't.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help

Hi

After reading some of your posts I was wondering if you can help. I have a blade 450 3d with a flymentor system installed, everything seems to work according to the manual until I try to take off, nothing happens and I am at a loss as to what I have done wrong. I have checked and re-checked reinstalled etc etc to no avail.

I have written to so many RC shops to see if I can pay to get this system working but no luck. Without wishing to sound cheeky would you be able to help (obviously I would pay) I am just so frustrated with the whole thing and now after 7 weeks am at my wits end

777flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777flyer View Post
Hi

After reading some of your posts I was wondering if you can help. I have a blade 450 3d with a flymentor system installed, everything seems to work according to the manual until I try to take off, nothing happens and I am at a loss as to what I have done wrong. I have checked and re-checked reinstalled etc etc to no avail.

I have written to so many RC shops to see if I can pay to get this system working but no luck. Without wishing to sound cheeky would you be able to help (obviously I would pay) I am just so frustrated with the whole thing and now after 7 weeks am at my wits end

Hey 777flyer, I had a similar issue with my KDS 450sv. Assuming you have spin-up of the motor.Have you checked your full throttle pitch angle with your pitch gauge? Correct me if im wrong Ivor, but shouldn`t it be at least 9 degrees min. 11 degrees max at full throttle for any succesfull lift off. I personally could not correct it myself. Some great help came from my Friday Nights flightclub here in Mission,BC. The knowledge they have is necessary for correct set up, they spent 2 hrs adjusting those servo links until she lifted off perfect and had a nice stable hover. Ask for help at your local flightclub and a wealth of knowledge awaits,(hey that sounded like Ivor,hahaha)
TRex 600 EFL Pro Custom CF 450 Heli with Hughs 500E Scale Fuselage, Align Trex 450 Sport ,KDS 450SV, 200mm ZMR Quadcopter, MCPx V2 all aluminum head, MSR Alum swash & grips, Hubsan X4,Blade 120 & CX2 (for my Grandson) all on Spektrum DX8 TX
KDS Wes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default FLYMENTOR

THIS IS A GREAT POST
renemay24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No lift off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777flyer View Post
Hi

Well, first off, disconnect your motor and power up. Run your collective up and watch whats going on with your rotor head. Flymentor only controls cyclic NOT collective (it's just garbage in...garbage out). You just have to use process of elimination. Check your endpoints in Flymentor. I got in the habit of saving different configs to disk so I could always back up and start over. And for shsss 'n giggles, check your radio again and be sure your pitch curves are right. If you did what I did, I saved my orig. config and created a new one just for the Flymentor, all based off my default program. The only problem I had with setting it up was getting everything going the right way. After DAYS of frustration, I backed up and realized "forget my radio" and get the Flymentor working first (ie, reversing), Because I knew after that was working right, I could reverse my radio output to correspond. I was trying to configure everything at the same time.
abyssal20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro back to front

Hers a good one...mine arrived and i couldnt get it working right no matter what... so i shelved it for a year then pulle dit out..i worked out teh damn gyro had teh arrow sticker pointing teh wrong way on it !!....ok so i got it working...stablisation woked pretty good ...very good actually...the manual is oncorrect about color codes..the setting for the three modes of flight...you are best having a TX like a DX8 with a dial knob so you can adjust the gain easily in flight ...one way does ground hold ..teh other stabilises... ground hold does not work !! well it does but its not good on a small heli..and only works close to the ground...no point unless you are learning to hover and its designed to self hold...so not good for learnign either...stabiliser works great for learning tho... head oscilates a little ...teh silly thing is that it helps stabilise for a learned but you need to be an expert to figure it out from teh daft manual...and no it is definotely not a FBL equivilent no matter what anyone says you need a flybar...i tried it on multi rotor just for kicks... no such luck ... just my experience..hope that helps

cheers
Madryan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to sort out the tail on my Trex 500 with various gyros and now with the Flymentor and cannot get the tail to stop drifting to the left or right slowly unless I enter rudder trim on my DX8. As the battery loses capacity then the rate of drift changes as well.

When I switch to HH it drifts clockwise.

When I switch to Rate Mode it holds straight as you would expect HH to in still conditions.

When I switch it off then it drifts anti clockwise at a slightly slower rate to HH. 1/2 a turn on the linkage will cause it to drift the other way when switched off.

I have from the very beginning tried every combination of transmitters, receivers, servos mechanics ESCs, motors and batteries and still have this now infuriating drift issue.

Any conclusive advice would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks.

Hugh
batchhugh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fly Mentor windows 7 driver

I am looking for a KDS FLY mentor windows 7 driver.....

I have had the Flymentor system for over a year in origional box but never installed it...

last week i installed it on a new build and wanted to try it..... but do not have the driver for Windows 7 and the one i did find is not a signed driver

is there any help out there with getting a driver for Win 7 emailed to me or as an attachment here.
jeffhvac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in