Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAZZ View Post
Not exactly, as I understood. David has written some pages ago, that even if you reset all the settings, it will stay with Blade 300x settings (450X, 500X or whatever Blade it originally came with).

That sounds stupid a little, but it's like I have understood it. Maybe I'm wrong. So, please correct me. I never had BeastX before!
The 300 X, 450 X, and 500 X all have specific firmware programmed onto the AR7200BX. We did this so that if you do a hard reset, it'll go back to factory defaults. If you have a 450 X, it'll reset to 450 X defaults, same thing with the 300 X and 500 X.

This does not mean the unit cannot be used on another machine, but you will need to do a complete setup.

And more importantly, you aren't forced to stick with the heli-specific firmware. All AR7200BX are updateable. Simply load on the open-stock AR7200BX firmware and all of the heli specific settings will be erased. You can also go the other direction. You can take an open-stock AR7200BX and put on the heli specific firmware for the 300X, 450X, and 500X.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the 450 X!

M
My YouTube Channel
MikelG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelG View Post
The 300 X, 450 X, and 500 X all have specific firmware programmed onto the AR7200BX. We did this so that if you do a hard reset, it'll go back to factory defaults. If you have a 450 X, it'll reset to 450 X defaults, same thing with the 300 X and 500 X.

This does not mean the unit cannot be used on another machine, but you will need to do a complete setup.

And more importantly, you aren't forced to stick with the heli-specific firmware. All AR7200BX are updateable. Simply load on the open-stock AR7200BX firmware and all of the heli specific settings will be erased. You can also go the other direction. You can take an open-stock AR7200BX and put on the heli specific firmware for the 300X, 450X, and 500X.

M
Wow! This really explains a lot and definately helps! I already have my own, build from the spares that I got a lot, a kind of Blade 450X! The body is from Blade 450 3D, head from T-Rex450 clone + KDS EBAR. There is no need for me to buy 450X, but I would like to have Blade 450X head as it is ( there is an optional upgrade, the whole head for those who want to convert from Blade 450 3D).

Later I will get Blade 300X and at the same time will become familiar to BeastX. i am also looking forward to Blade 500X. As an evolution I see me throwing away EBAR and getting more in deep understanding and I hope liking BeastX more than EBAR (I must admit here, that EBAR's setup is very easy, very few menu points to setup (6 to be exact)). And very important moment is that if I want, I could easily buy AR7200BX and fill in Blade 450X firmware, which should make set up easier. As you can see, I am preety fan of Blade helis. So, finally I should end up with all three-four helis with very familiar, easy to setup FBL brains! That's seems to be nice, with less headache!

P.S. I have also recieved my new DX7s two days ago and like its ability to download heli setups from SD card.
STAZZ is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

M
Thanks a bunch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

M

Thats cool, It sounds like that makes the setup after a rebuild or something that much easyer. I really like these new BLADE helis, And BLADE is the only brand i fly.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

M
Mike,

Thanks for this information. Can you answer a few simple questions:

1) Will the current USB dongle that I have for my standard BeastX work with the Spektrum AR7200BX?
2) When is the firmware going to be available to download?

Thanks for your time...
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
Mike,

Thanks for this information. Can you answer a few simple questions:

1) Will the current USB dongle that I have for my standard BeastX work with the Spektrum AR7200BX?
2) When is the firmware going to be available to download?

Thanks for your time...
Yes, the BeastX dongle will update the firmware on the AR7200BX.

As far as the firmware, that is something a couple of us have been pushing to get uploaded. Unfortunately, it is out of my control at this point, but I suspect it to be uploaded in the coming days.

M
My YouTube Channel
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

As far as the firmware, that is something a couple of us have been pushing to get uploaded. Unfortunately, it is out of my control at this point, but I suspect it to be uploaded in the coming days.

M
Mike,

Thanks for answering that...hopefully it will be up on the site soon.

Is there anything that is drastically different in the AR7200BX software in comparision to the microbeast v3 software? I know that the receiver is now on the circuit board but is there anything different in the core FBL software that we need to be aware of?

If you don't want to answer this in this thread please shoot me a PM.

Thanks...
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got mine this weekend

My local hobby shop got 2 in on Friday. I picked one up that night. Shes very nice, very stable.
j2theimi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
Mike,

Thanks for answering that...hopefully it will be up on the site soon.

Is there anything that is drastically different in the AR7200BX software in comparision to the microbeast v3 software? I know that the receiver is now on the circuit board but is there anything different in the core FBL software that we need to be aware of?

If you don't want to answer this in this thread please shoot me a PM.

Thanks...
Between BeastX 3.0 FW and AR7200BX 3.0 FW, they are the same.

M
My YouTube Channel
Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Between BeastX 3.0 FW and AR7200BX 3.0 FW, they are the same.

M
Thanks....

M
Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450X Question

Not sure where to ask this question, so I'll give it a try here.

Does the 450x have flight stabilization built into the BeastX? I don't know a lot about FBL, but I do like the stability the mCPX has and wondered if the BeastX did similar.
I've used CoPilot and Flymentor stabilization systems, and thought I had read that some of the FBL systems had similar capability's.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
Not sure where to ask this question, so I'll give it a try here.

Does the 450x have flight stabilization built into the BeastX? I don't know a lot about FBL, but I do like the stability the mCPX has and wondered if the BeastX did similar.
I've used CoPilot and Flymentor stabilization systems, and thought I had read that some of the FBL systems had similar capability's.

Thanks!
Like the MCPX and all other FBL heli's it has 3 axis gyros. However it is not considered stabilization like Co Pilot or helicommand can provide. The best way to look at is is to compare it to a tail gyro. A tail gyro in head hold mode excepts input from your controller and all other input is considered errors. The FBL system corrects errors many time second. Now add a gyro to your cyclic behavior and you have all three axis covered. Any input you don't give is ignored and considered an error and the heli attempts to stay where you last told it to stay.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post
Like the MCPX and all other FBL heli's it has 3 axis gyros. However it is not considered stabilization like Co Pilot or helicommand can provide. The best way to look at is is to compare it to a tail gyro. A tail gyro in head hold mode excepts input from your controller and all other input is considered errors. The FBL system corrects errors many time second. Now add a gyro to your cyclic behavior and you have all three axis covered. Any input you don't give is ignored and considered an error and the heli attempts to stay where you last told it to stay.

Hope that helps.
Yes, that does help. Thank you.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where is the most active 450X thread with user reviews and informaton? Seems like it's spread out over multiple threads and I'm not seeing a lot of feedback yet, or I'm not looking in the correct spot.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will start a thread for 450 x review

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

M
Did this firmware ever get uploaded?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

If firmware were available it would show at spektrum for your registered product.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
If firmware were available it would show at spektrum for your registered product.
I was referring to a statement a few pages back by the HH guys:

"The 300 X, 450 X, and 500 X all have specific firmware programmed onto the AR7200BX. We did this so that if you do a hard reset, it'll go back to factory defaults. If you have a 450 X, it'll reset to 450 X defaults, same thing with the 300 X and 500 X.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the 450 X!"

I just checked Spektrumrc.com support site and there is no "open-stock " firmware...
Old 06-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you're saying and I know that many folks are frustrated that they can't get the same updates that the stand alone bx unit has. I checked spektrum and nothing is showing for the bx. I would like to be able to do the same thing to the bx with any new bird, dl a profile for that particular bird. I know they couldn't do it for everything on the market but for the most popular models they could. If I've got a bx on an align 500efl pro then I'd like to be able to get a profile for that bird and so on.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually, I was just looking for all 4 of mine to have the same defaults. Right now, I have 3 standard AR7200BX units and one on the 450X, I want to pull the one off the 450X (put on a Trex 250) and flash it to open so that it has the same "reset" defaults as the others. No real need to do this, I just do not want to make a dumb mistake of thinking they are all the same after a reset...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in