Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray

Flew 6 packs on the 450X today in 0C temp, -5C windchill with 18 kph wind from the North... gusting to perhaps 25 kph. What can you do when you are an addict and you need your heli fix real bad. Also flew 6 packs yesterday in windier conditions. This is the first weekend I was able to fly after 2 weeks as it was either raining or very windy thanks to hurricane Sandy.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 5.5 | Atom 500 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it in the mail and hovered it for a few minutes to verify it was all working! Very happy!
WH1_T-type is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
One question: anybody knows how to achieve that fast tail right-left-right-left (sort of "lightning" effect) while climbing up?
If I knew what that was... Can you find a video clip of someone doing it?
hemp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flown 6 packs with my shiny new DX8: amazing! Just took a while to get to the right tail gain (but I changed it to the Gyro switch and programmed three different gains - two points difference each, so at least I avoided two thirds of the landings) which is now at 40%.

Yesterday it took two solid hours of learning and programming and binding to all the birds, but I alreday love it... depending on the weather, this afternoon or tonight I'll install the telemetry stuff.

Temperature was still good (7C) so I did not maiden my new Raydiowarm yet.

@hemp: I'll try my best to find a video... but basically, while climbing vertically "nose first" to finally get up there and stall turn, I say guys quickly moving the tail back and forth to achieve a sort of "lightning/thunderbolt" (or "spermatozoon" ) effect
Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

7am, 35 degrees (close to 0 Celsius), cloudless sky, no wind, blade 450x sporting new savox servos, hot cup of coffee, big empty field next to the middle school....

A very good morning for flying! 1 pack with the 450x, 3 packs with the mcpx, and no crashes. I have set a record for myself.
steveap1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at mine, and the stack of parts to fix it. Still haven't had time to fix it :/
Thunder Power 65C LiPo & JR 12X
350Z_Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since it was so nice in the morning, went flying again in the early afternoon. Again 6 packs (I have 8 but I feel 6 is my "full focusing limit").

All nice, including first time 920 degrees stall turns and... first loops ever!!
I had never really tried on the mCPX nor the Nano, and just watched couple of Sim videos before leaving for the field... and all went well! Something really clicked lately in my relationship with the 450 X.

Is it possible to do a full aileron roll while flying FF? How is that called?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is it possible to do a full aileron roll while flying FF? How is that called?
It is. You coordinate collective with the aileron. By varying the speed of both you can either do a very tight roll by using a lot of aileron and making quick corrections with collective to keep it in a straight path. If you want to open it up and make it more like a barrel roll, slow down the aileron and give more collective to make is kind of like a sideways loop. I'm not sure the my description makes sense.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats to Coco66!!
Yep, rolls are using the same collective stick movements as flips.. Just transition to negative pitch as the heli goes inverted, and back to positive pitch when it continues around upright again.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys.
So I assume I have to be in IU, get a good initial speed since I will be going through 0 or even slightly negative pitch during the roll and... voila'? Not so different from an "on the spot" roll, then. Just a bit more dangerous if you make it too wide, prolly...

I'll try tomorrow, if weather keeps like that...

Thanks!

(Does it have a name? Is it not sort of planker's Tonneau?)
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks guys.
So I assume I have to be in IU, get a good initial speed since I will be going through 0 or even slightly negative pitch during the roll and... voila'? Not so different from an "on the spot" roll, then. Just a bit more dangerous if you make it too wide, prolly...

I'll try tomorrow, if weather keeps like that...

Thanks!

You definitely need to be in idle up! Don't ask my how I know..

Ok, I'll tell you lol... We were filming in an indoor warehouse for a tv show, and I was nervous because of the canera and forgot to switch to Idle up. Sure enough I flipped it into an inverted hover, and instead of hovering I did a slow inverted auto and landed it upside down on the concrete. There was so little head speed by the time it landed that it actually did no damage!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happened to me this morning... luckily it was with the mcpx and not the 450X. I went inverted and as I added negative pitch the mcpx sank until it hit the grass. This also happens from time to time on the sim (forgetting to set TX to IU). I am now thinking of completely removing normal and just using idle up all the way.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 5.5 | Atom 500 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I believe we call it an Aileron roll. It's not really a fancy maneuver, so it doesn't need a fancy name.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
I am now thinking of completely removing normal and just using idle up all the way.
I take off and land (and fly) in IU. However, I still keep normal mode available as an option in case I need to reduce headspeed for some reason (I've used it when hard vibes developed in-flight.)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

There have been 2 occasions where I forgot to go to IU. The good news is, I didn't crash. There is enough momentum in the blades that the heli will continue to function, and you can get it flipped back over. Once I was only about 15 feet up, and it almost touched the ground before it was upright enough to punch out..

The same move on the mCPX is an instant fall from the sky because the blades stop so quick when power is removed.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
There have been 2 occasions where I forgot to go to IU. The good news is, I didn't crash. There is enough momentum in the blades that the heli will continue to function, and you can get it flipped back over. Once I was only about 15 feet up, and it almost touched the ground before it was upright enough to punch out..

The same move on the mCPX is an instant fall from the sky because the blades stop so quick when power is removed.
I was flying indoors in a warehouse, the initial flip was maybe 6 feet from the ground, by the time I realized what happened I was maybe a foot from the ground.

Anyways, today I stripped the heli down and started rebuilding. Had everything I needed to fix it except for the blade grip bearings and a main shaft bearing that was a bit notchy.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could not resist thinking that all "you" guys in the US can fly today... so I took a longer lunch break and flew 4 packs...
Old 11-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet! We've had really crappy weather here all week. It's been raining and windy. Right now, it's clear and calm outside and I'm really hoping it stays that way throughout the day!

Quote:
Could not resist thinking that all "you" guys in the US can fly today... so I took a longer lunch break and flew 4 packs...
Old 11-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Z_Al View Post
I was flying indoors in a warehouse, the initial flip was maybe 6 feet from the ground, by the time I realized what happened I was maybe a foot from the ground.
Time to practice those inverted landings!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Time to practice those inverted landings!
It was a perfect inverted landing!

Flipped the heli over onto the skids, took off in IU and kept flying!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in