Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your Blade 450X today?

Guitars555, is Phoenix or real flight better? Been thinking about getting one and opinions from users would be great. On a side note I accidentally trimmed a few leaves off of the tree out front on a close call!!
jasunto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Q Phoenix

Hi, i need help with my phoenix sim. After a week of use now i keep getting the message "USB interface not detected", does anyone have a fix for this. I have tried re-boot, different ports etc
Ricky25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is a 450x forum, not a sim forum---FYI.

I crashed mine today. Lost power mid flight and down she came. No power means I couldn't even attempt an auto even if I had wanted to. No bueno. Back to the old drawing board.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #304 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ed, does my virtual 450x applies :-)
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have never tried Real Flight but I like my Phoenix. Sorry, can't help with the USB problem. I would suggest talking with the manufacturer.

Mcpx, SR, 130x, 450x
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #306 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky25 View Post
Ed, does my virtual 450x applies :-)
I suggest you to post the question in the Phoenix forum:
https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

This is the 450X forum, and your question is not strictly about the 450X... so less chances for you to get an answer.

Moreover, this specific thread is meant for posting short "blog-like" posts about your day with the 450X, not for questions.

Today I drove from Italy to Switzerland together with my 450X...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
I suggest you to post the question in the Phoenix forum:
https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

This is the 450X forum, and your question is not strictly about the 450X... so less chances for you to get an answer.

Moreover, this specific thread is meant for posting short "blog-like" posts about your day with the 450X, not for questions.

Today I drove from Italy to Switzerland together with my 450X...
That's sweet. I take mine with me pretty much wherever I go. Did you stop anywhere put it in the air on your way?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
That's sweet. I take mine with me pretty much wherever I go. Did you stop anywhere put it in the air on your way?
Naa, I was in a rush and it was raining / snowing. But I will, I'll be here two weeks and that's the reason why I brought the stuff with me...

Had to leave the half-built Warp home, unfortunately, otherwise I would have had to bring the whole "cave" equipment with me... too much
Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #309 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been dreaming about the 450X for months and I finally got it for my birthday last week. It's been cold and snowy here in Michigan so I have not got to fly it until today, only one battery though, then it started to rain...and I LOVE IT!!! I have never flown a regular size heli before. Been flying the 130x and nano for almost a year now and they were great trainers. I don't feel intimidated at all and I love the power and performance of this thing. Full pitch inverted and it shoots up out of sight in seconds like a rocket. I am very pleased with all of my Blade products
AdamW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #310 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Same feeling I had Adam. Congratulations on your maiden flight, and hopefully many, many more to come in the future!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #311 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just picked up a previously owned 450x from another forum member. What I did today (well yesterday):
- Gave it a good overall inspection, screw tighten, etc.
- Adjusted belt tension as it was way too loose.
- Pulled the motor (440) and I'm glad I did. It was missing the e-clip on the shaft so I opened it up for inspection and could see some wear on the shaft at the lower bearing just like everybody described. I cleaned it, lubed the bearings and put it together with a spacer and e-clip like it should have. Question: in reading the posts, it looks like some have used a tiny drop of red locktite on the inner race/shaft of the bearing, while others used green. I think the green would prohibit future maintenance, but if the motor doesn't last, it really doesn't matter. Should I go for green or red (to just get a little more life from this motor)?
- Also had a rubbing issue with the main gear and the frame. More searching this thread and I was able to figure out that the OWB wasn't seated high enough in the collar, so after removal and tapping it in a little further, everything looks great. Thanks for posting the solution to this.

Now I just have to get a few more things done, and start the Beastx setup process. anything else I should deal with prior to setup?

Chris
chris-nc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: What did you do to your Blade 450X today?

I would just run it like it is and upgrade to the newer e-flight 450 motor later. But that's up to you.

sent while on the phone
Allen_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #313 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_H View Post
I would just run it like it is and upgrade to the newer e-flight 450 motor later. But that's up to you.

sent while on the phone
agree, im running the eflite 450 motor with ice 50 esc...great combo on this heli!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #314 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red or green will fix the bearing til it wears out but either will totally lock the motor together. It doesn't matter as you can't repair it anyway.

Then get a good motor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-nc View Post
Just picked up a previously owned 450x from another forum member. What I did today (well yesterday):
- Gave it a good overall inspection, screw tighten, etc.
- Adjusted belt tension as it was way too loose.
- Pulled the motor (440) and I'm glad I did. It was missing the e-clip on the shaft so I opened it up for inspection and could see some wear on the shaft at the lower bearing just like everybody described. I cleaned it, lubed the bearings and put it together with a spacer and e-clip like it should have. Question: in reading the posts, it looks like some have used a tiny drop of red locktite on the inner race/shaft of the bearing, while others used green. I think the green would prohibit future maintenance, but if the motor doesn't last, it really doesn't matter. Should I go for green or red (to just get a little more life from this motor)?
- Also had a rubbing issue with the main gear and the frame. More searching this thread and I was able to figure out that the OWB wasn't seated high enough in the collar, so after removal and tapping it in a little further, everything looks great. Thanks for posting the solution to this.

Now I just have to get a few more things done, and start the Beastx setup process. anything else I should deal with prior to setup?

Chris
Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #315 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it necessary to change ESC when using a non stock motor. For example, could I just plop a Skorpion motor in the heli and go? What other parts might one need to change out a motor of a different size?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #316 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: What did you do to your Blade 450X today?

Its best to get a better ESC the stock ESC is only a 35A ESC if you look at other motors in the 450 class they need at least a 40 to 45A ESC to handle those higher peak Draws. So if you go with the cc ice 50 lite you are going to need the right connectors for the ESC and a EC3

sent while on the phone
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #317 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you dont wont to mess with all that you can go this route but the ESC is not as good as the
CC ICE 50 lite..but it is just plug and play. only thing is you would have to order your motor pinion from some where else like ready heli. I really would go for the CC ESC though more options and features.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-esc-EFLA1040L

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...0kv-EFLM60450A
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #318 (permalink)
Registered Users

i took my main gear that i swapped out off, screwed the screws into it without the OWB hub then unscrewed them and shaved any plastic excess off with razor blade, screwed hub in, same thing, was uneven. So i then didnt want to drill metal hub, i took 2mm allen key and put in each of the 4 holes and twisted it while angling against the sides in a 360. I then screwed hub back to main gear and installed. I spun it up with blades off and it is stable as hell again, Just waiting on my savox servos to arrive and should be 100% again. Ordered tons of spare parts too.
jasunto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #319 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

chris-nc- what part of NC?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #320 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ed - I'm just outside of Greensboro. I've noticed a few NC pilots around here, but none real close to me. By the way, I've been following your posts since you started with your Blade SR.

Everyone - thanks for the recommendations above regarding the stock motor. I'll probably leave it as is for now, and focus on getting a better replacement since I know it will have a short life.
chris-nc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in