Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a TM1100 and an RPM sensor from the LHS this morning. Waiting on a new mainshaft, so gonna route some cables in the meantime and get the telemetry set up.

Got the accessories for RPM, pack voltage, and battery temperature.
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Got a TM1100 and an RPM sensor from the LHS this morning. Waiting on a new mainshaft, so gonna route some cables in the meantime and get the telemetry set up.

Got the accessories for RPM, pack voltage, and battery temperature.

Heh, mine are still sitting in the DX8 box along with the three freebie receivers and two remote receivers. Guess I should hook those up at some point
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
T3chdad looks interesting, but no demo seems to be available so leaves me wondering.
Stuff like if you can assign the same battery to multiple craft (and still have a restricted list only showing the compatible batteries). Doesn't seem to have the option to track battery end-temp/voltage, or a way to note if the LVC/alarm was hit, or graph the results (overall or for only a specific craft due to different draw demands) to see a given pack's generalized state of health. Same with no apparent way to keep a scratchpad of notes ('remember to relubricate swashplate!', 'tail servo getting twitchy; get rebuild kit', 'pack puffing badly, replace!', 'need more nitro in this mix') as far as craft/fuel sources without logging it as a crash.
True, three or four bucks is cheap. But a strip of masking tape and a Sharpie seems just about as effective, from what I can see from the screenshots as far as the battery history goes.
Yes you can assign multiple packs to multiple aircraft. I have my 6s 4000 packs I use in my gaui and in the 7HV when not using the 5000mah. Both of them show up as batteries compatible with that craft...you actually assign the batteries to the craft in the menu setup.

No it does not have a scratch pad for notes, only when you crash. It opens a log to be able to detail the crash and log what needs repaired. For $4, its a decent program. I personally don't need to keep track of if I hit LVC or pack temps/voltages. At first I did and had a notepad I took with me out flying but I don't any more.

I keep a pocket indicator to check cell voltage when it comes down and that's about it. If it feels really warm I'll hit it with the temp gun to check temp but I don't log it. I really no longer use techdad either. With 7 packs for my 450x, 6 for the gaui and 3 for the 7hv I don't have time to log anymore. I hardly have enough time to fly all those packs and usually end up bringing some home fully charged. My motto now is to go fly and have fun!

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew the 450x yesterday for my "little" , but much older brother.. Into the second battery the bird made a very uncharacteristic growl-click on one fast pass. My brother said what was that?
I immediately dropped out of idle up and eased to a hover, listening. Heard nothing, but decided to err on the side of caution as I haven't crashed the X since I bought it and would like to keep it that way as long as possible.

Took the bird inside and went over everything. One tail blade grip had a touch of play, moved all servos through max travel no stripped gears. Today I looked at the pinion gear clearance and noticed the main gear teeth were wearing thin near the top portion....even some white slivers of the main gear. No blade strikes on this bird.

Grabbed the motor can and it rocked on the bottom...checked all screws again. Nope, nothing loose, but the bottom motor bearing is shot. I did oil the bird several times. So after 38 flights I've lost my first bearing.... I've never lost a motor bearing in 13 months of electric helicopters. Burned out tail motors twice, both in the past month and worn out brushes in two brushed motors.

Have a call into Horizon. We'll see. Prefer the 450X much more than the 3d. Very nice flying heli when the motor works...

On the bright side at least I didn't push it into a mid air fail!

EDIT: Horizon Hobby called me back, a replacement motor and main gear is on the way! Let's see any other company beat their responsive Blade customer service. I will be adding more Blades to my collection, I think even the 500x even though I have a 550. Great service deserves loyalty.

P_H_C
MCX2,MCPX,mSR,mSRx,MQX,SR,B450,550e 3gx
Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you sure its a bad bearing or the shaft that is wore out?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi FuntanaS.
Will let you know when I pull it. Have to go to my wife's 40th anniversary dinner in about an hour. Motor can rocks at bottom and pinion gear moves with it. Know what you mean though. Shafts can spin in the bearing rather than spin the bearing. Hope all is well for your helis.

P_H_C
Old 03-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuedo_Heli_Commander View Post
Hi FuntanaS.
Will let you know when I pull it. Have to go to my wife's 40th anniversary dinner in about an hour. Motor can rocks at bottom and pinion gear moves with it. Know what you mean though. Shafts can spin in the bearing rather than spin the bearing. Hope all is well for your helis.

P_H_C
Yeah, hopefully it is just a bearing.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuedo_Heli_Commander View Post
Flew the 450x yesterday for my "little" , but much older brother.. Into the second battery the bird made a very uncharacteristic growl-click on one fast pass. My brother said what was that?
I immediately dropped out of idle up and eased to a hover, listening. Heard nothing, but decided to err on the side of caution as I haven't crashed the X since I bought it and would like to keep it that way as long as possible.

Took the bird inside and went over everything. One tail blade grip had a touch of play, moved all servos through max travel no stripped gears. Today I looked at the pinion gear clearance and noticed the main gear teeth were wearing thin near the top portion....even some white slivers of the main gear. No blade strikes on this bird.

Grabbed the motor can and it rocked on the bottom...checked all screws again. Nope, nothing loose, but the bottom motor bearing is shot. I did oil the bird several times. So after 38 flights I've lost my first bearing.... I've never lost a motor bearing in 13 months of electric helicopters. Burned out tail motors twice, both in the past month and worn out brushes in two brushed motors.

Have a call into Horizon. We'll see. Prefer the 450X much more than the 3d. Very nice flying heli when the motor works...

On the bright side at least I didn't push it into a mid air fail!

EDIT: Horizon Hobby called me back, a replacement motor and main gear is on the way! Let's see any other company beat their responsive Blade customer service. I will be adding more Blades to my collection, I think even the 500x even though I have a 550. Great service deserves loyalty.

P_H_C
You should have that motor in 2 days but if your impatient toss your 420 in from the blade 450 3d, works fine but motor will bog a little on aggressive moves.

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally flipped it over.. Man was it fun as hell. I've owned it since the day they came out and only today got the courage to flip.. Ordered a bunch of spares online, charged up two batteries, and said screw it.. I'm flipping it today.

Did a little bit of a warm up for half of the first battery, some circuits and figure eights, and then decided to go for it.. Before I knew it I was inverted and said "Damn, it really is as easy as they say".. I don't know why it took me so long to get the courage to do it, I've been flipping my mcpx for a month now without even thinking. I guess it has something to do with the $500 dollar price tag and the fact that I know I won't just be able to pick it up and continue flying after a crash.

Now that I've gotten over this hurdle, I think this 450 is going to get A LOT more fun

AR90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice job, AR90.

I flipped my stock X for the first time today as well. A friend of mine joined me at the flying field and he's clueless when it comes to heli's so of course he was pushing me to fly well beyond my comfort level. And hey, I'm glad he did! This was only my third flight on the X and I had a blast. Now that I have a better feel for it my appreciation of the FBL setup and extra motor power is growing.

I flew my mCPx, 450 3D and 450 X in that order, and the ease of performing loops, rolls, etc increased significantly along with that progression. Responsiveness was amazing compared to my other helis, the tail held as well or better than my 3D with a Quark/8054 combo, and the speed at 100%.... the speed! My friend was finally impressed when I hovered briefly, nosed way down and punched the throttle to full.

Edit: I need to order spare parts as well. I have a shload of 450 3D parts so I'm mostly covered but I need to figure out what else I need to have on hand.
JR X9503 2.4Ghz Turnigy 9X with Dragonlink
Manzooka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Snapped my mainshaft at the headscrew trying not to kill an osprey that was chasing it.
LHS got in the parts yesterday, replaced the mainshaft and head last night. Hovered it in normal for about a minute before work today. Going to try to get it in the air at lunch, too.
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lil bit of flying beside friend's warehouse!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel880516 View Post
A lil bit of flying beside friend's warehouse!
nice flying!, Is it just me, or did I spot a close call at around :34 seconds

AR90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR90 View Post
nice flying!, Is it just me, or did I spot a close call at around :34 seconds
Thanks, and yes you did lol, I totally went blank at that second and pulled it back anyways thanks to muscle memory from the sim lol!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all, flew it inverted nose in for first time after a few practice runs on mcpx, like people
say its just like a bigger mcpx! couple of beers now to calm the nerves...
helidom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually still can't flip my mCPX... can do rolls and flips back to back on the 450X. I'd say it's a bigger, more capable, easier to fly mCPX instead.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
Actually still can't flip my mCPX... can do rolls and flips back to back on the 450X. I'd say it's a bigger, more capable, easier to fly mCPX instead.
That's why the mCPx works as a training tool... it's harder to fly

If I can pull something off on my mCPx with that bucking bronco of a tail I know I can pull it off on my X or 3D.
JR X9503 2.4Ghz Turnigy 9X with Dragonlink
Manzooka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #98 (permalink)
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist

I DID A LOOP!!! lol i guess it was more of a flip, i did a bunch after that. it was so cool... that is all.
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went to a different park that has nicer manicured baseball fields to fly at today. No one ever seems to be there except for the weekends so got a nice area all to myself. Practiced some orientation hovers, flips, rolls, loops, and some small tail slides. Need to work on moving the stick without any other movements. Like when I pump the collective I tend to get a little side/side movement which gives me aileron too (I fly mode 4, don't hate).

Also found two ospreys nested up in the lights. Unlike General Antilles I was able to not piss them off.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadco View Post
Be prepared to be disappointed.

As it stands the Beastx usb interface lacks the software to allow you to access the AR7200BX.

Maybe sometime in the future Spek will release micro setting sw for the AR7200BX but as of now there isn't any. The micro beast sw is not compatible.
I already felt that disappointment a couple weeks ago :-(

The manual talks about using it to program the BeastX but when you plug it all together, and access the BeastX from your computer, it tells you that you have Version 8 firmware, and you need to upgrade to version 3; "would you like to upgrade now?".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in