Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Z_Al View Post
That is one of my complaints about the 450X is the almost spongey landing skids. I'm scared if I come down hard they'll break super easy. Hasn't happened, but I fear it.
I'd call them more springy then spongey. For me they always seem to want to bounce on a landing. I'm probably doing it wrong but ohh well.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=350Z_Al;3820699]Cut the Skid Pipes down at the back, then slide them a bit farther back. It would look much better.

Looks much better...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-05 19.26.43.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	305126   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-05 19.27.25.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	305127   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-05 19.27.59.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	305128  
Youthanasia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Repaired my 450x after a crash. Learnt how to program and setup the beastx unit which was very easy, thought the bird was ready so went to take off.

I spun the 450x up. I pushed the throttle enough to get it in the air and it took off 2 inchs spun 3 perfect piro's at SUPER FAST SPEED and I landed it immediately. (very lucky it didn't crash).

Our local heli club pro found the issue. I had twisted the tail belt the wrong way in the boom and it was spinning the tail blades anti clockwise. Tail spinning newbie mistake #64 LOL

Fixed it flew it and it flys fantastic again. Love this Heli.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
Repaired my 450x after a crash. Learnt how to program and setup the beastx unit which was very easy, thought the bird was ready so went to take off.

I spun the 450x up. I pushed the throttle enough to get it in the air and it took off 2 inchs spun 3 perfect piro's at SUPER FAST SPEED and I landed it immediately. (lucky it didn't crash).

I asked the local heli pro at our club he found the issue. I had twisted the tail belt the wrong way and it was spinning the tail blades anti clockwise. Tail spinning backwards = no the best way to set-up a heli apparently.

Fixed it flew it and it flys fantastic again. Love this Heli.
Yupp happened to me few times before with my x2, nowadays i always spin the main blades with my hand first and check if the tail is spining the right way before i screw in the tail case(gotta love the simple design of blade) and tighten the tail boom, before i spool it up.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my fusuno canopy, tail fins, and tail blades in today. Finally some nice bright green and orange to orient the damn thing up in the air! Now to get the canopy painted.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumba View Post
Got my fusuno canopy, tail fins, and tail blades in today. Finally some nice bright green and orange to orient the damn thing up in the air! Now to get the canopy painted.
Did you get the unpainted canopy? Nice! Look forward to seeing what you do with it. Pics will be required.

Didn't get to fly today. It was a gorgeous sunny day at 65 degrees but the wind was killer What I should have done is take the opportunity to practice new inverted orientations on the sim, but instead I chose to dip into my supply of BBC's Bourbon Barrel Stout. I did manage to do a little work on my Super Cub flap/aileron BL 480 build though. Hopefully those servos will still look like they're at 90 degress tomorrow morning!
JR X9503 2.4Ghz Turnigy 9X with Dragonlink
Manzooka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post
Did you get the unpainted canopy? Nice! Look forward to seeing what you do with it. Pics will be required.
Either a "Lawn Dart" motif, or a throw-back to the warbird paint schemes with a pissed off looking hummingbird. Have to go see a few artists to see what they come up with.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Repaired after an uncommanded back flip yesterday. Split black servo gear in elevator and a lost blade to swash link, cause or result of crash = ?.

Last edited by jimmanyk; 07-31-2012 at 01:42 AM..
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could be a servo dying in flight?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
The problem being that for one of the EFlite, you can buy three Turnigy packs. And destroying (or at least rendering one no-confidence) two EFlite packs within owning the heli two weeks leaves a bad taste at that price. $15-20 is much easier to swallow, especially for someone just stepping up from the nano-heli arena, where a pack was $7.
Not going to throw away the packs I have, but can't keep paying that once a week for a new pack (if the LHS even has them in stock... of which the closest that does is an hour's drive). And while it holds up to charge cycles, not sure 'durable' would be the word I'd use, from my personal experience so far... long-lasting maybe.

Good support only helps so much when it comes to batteries; if a pack one-third the price (and higher capacity, higher C rating) starts to puff, you chuck it and grab a new one, hands-down-no-sweat. The OEM one can actually become a debate on whether to risk charging/flying a potentially-damaged battery.

That does look pretty simple, though I think I'd probably tin the wire separately before going to make the joint.
Granted it was a different battery class (6S) but I had a Zippy pack show up from Hobby King DOA with a bad cell. They requested a pic of the warranty code sticker and a pic of it on the charger with all cell voltage displayed (to verify I indeed had a bad cell) Within 10 min of emailing the pics I had my money back. Great service for a battery that cost 30% of its EFL equivalent. HH/EFL's quality and service are big selling points for a lot of stuff, but I would never waste my money on their batteries.

B130X (x2) B450X (x2) T-Rex 550E, 700E, Goblin 500, 700
Habu 32, Extreme Edge 540T, various foam junk
Napoleon_Tanerite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used some "canned shop air"....and blew any "crud" out of the bearings and so forth.....

Liberally applied "Tri-Flow" to anything that moves...LOL

So far ..... so good....knock on wood.....
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
Granted it was a different battery class (6S) but I had a Zippy pack show up from Hobby King DOA with a bad cell. They requested a pic of the warranty code sticker and a pic of it on the charger with all cell voltage displayed (to verify I indeed had a bad cell) Within 10 min of emailing the pics I had my money back. Great service for a battery that cost 30% of its EFL equivalent. HH/EFL's quality and service are big selling points for a lot of stuff, but I would never waste my money on their batteries.

Still waiting on my 6 zippy batts from hobbyking for my 130x. Hope I have better luck with the 2 cell then you did with the 3 cell. I managed to get in 5 packs this morning 2 nano tech batts, 1 stocker, and 2 of my Haiyin batts on the 450x. Still like the Haiyin batts the best and still in love with the 450x!

450X all stock
mxman311 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Installed the scorpion -8 with align pinion in my 450x, used washers to get the right fit. Looks and works great. Also installed hitec 5084 mg with Al servo mounts, flipped the bec to 6v. I put the 440 into my FBL converted 3D. Basically they are both 450x's now, both with hitec 5084 for tail servos. The 420 motor worked fine but I really liked the extra power the X had.
The Beast X and tarot zyx fly very similar. They even develop the same shakes with the stock settings. I need to play with the gain a bit on both. The beastx reactions seem faster and more precise, I have some D/R and Expo in the tx for the zyx though. The only reason so far for favoring the beast x, is how easy it is to make changes and setup. I've been getting alot of stick time with them and have no issues to complain about!
M3bluegsr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just upgraded from a DX6i to a DX8 I scored on Craigslist for a great price. Enjoying it. As silly as it sounds, I mostly dig the fact that I can tie the timer to the throttle. :-) All the other features are great too, of course.

However, I'm lately becoming a little concerned about my five lipos (4 nanotechs and 1 stocker). They're starting to get a little puffy, and particularly over my last few outings, the heli is feeling/sounding a soft, especially on punchouts. The lipos all came along with the used 450X I bought in late May, so who knows exactly how many cycles are on them or how they were treated. I've got maybe 15-20 flights on each myself. I've normally charged them at 3-4C, and tried my best to keep them at storage charge if for more than a day.

Admittedly, I could just be imagining things -- I don't yet trust that I fly well enough to tell a subtle difference in performance. The only thing I'm truly good at so far in this hobby is spending money. ;-)

Should I buy a few more of these 35C-70C nanotechs, or can I do better at similar prices?
Aerocowboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Getting ready for when my three Fusuno canopies will come...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P51.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	336992   Click image for larger version

Name:	P52.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	336993   Click image for larger version

Name:	P53.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	336994  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmanyk View Post
Repaired after an uncommanded back flip yesterday. Split black servo gear in elevator and a lost blade to swash link, cause or result of crash = ?.
Test hover last night and this morning, got blown about in the gusts.
I'm going to put savox ball raced metal geared servos in the X and the 3d.
I put Futaba metal geared and a 401 gyro on my B400 - instant transformation!.
Still unsure if the flip was caused by the servo tooth peeling or the link popped.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installed the Savox servos, flipped the 6V switch in preparation for Futaba convertion. Uncommanded back flip solved - duff dx6i. Watched the weather go down hill.
The dx6i "flew" regardless.......
Old 08-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocowboy View Post
However, I'm lately becoming a little concerned about my five lipos (4 nanotechs and 1 stocker). They're starting to get a little puffy, and particularly over my last few outings, the heli is feeling/sounding a soft, especially on punchouts. The lipos all came along with the used 450X I bought in late May, so who knows exactly how many cycles are on them or how they were treated. I've got maybe 15-20 flights on each myself. I've normally charged them at 3-4C, and tried my best to keep them at storage charge if for more than a day.
Charging at higher c ratings dramatically reduces the life of your cells. Just because it can handle it doesn't mean its the best for them. I never charge higher then 1c even in cells that can handle higher. The lower charge rate the better for the cells.

Samsung Galaxy III via Tapatalk
Diesel6401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed some new cf tail blades last week. My stockers started to wollow and enlongate around the hole. I feel much better about the new tail blades. Mine stock ones looked so bad after only 30 flights.

Samsung Galaxy III via Tapatalk
Diesel6401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

I gave her mouth to mouth.... I thought she was dead but I revived her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in