Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #1341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzejamez View Post
I put on some fbl zeal blades. Looks really good with the canopy..
Looks great! Is there more space for the battery under that style canopy vs the stock shaped ones?
JRamos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #1342 (permalink)
Registered Users

JRamos glad to see you got it together.

I had the chance to correct my pitch curves and got it pretty good for some more flying/breaking in. +12.3 deg and -12.1 deg. Mid stick is about at zero, and swash is level! Spent a bit of time to learn the beastx a bit to get my pitch correct too. I will say, the manual is invaluable.

After my flight I decided it was time for a couple photos

Today I went nose in for the first time on this heli! On my mcpx that's no problem even w/o piro comp but the 450 was a bit intimidating at first but it was great! Also did a really tight slow figure 8 (all in my back yard). Gotta wait until I have a bit more space to really let her loose. Heli is really flying good so next mod is more batteries! Glacier packs seem really nice in this heli.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6066.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	585900   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6080.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	516.2 KB
ID:	585901   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6058.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	538.3 KB
ID:	585902   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6079-3.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	493.0 KB
ID:	585904  
Old 05-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #1343 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodarac View Post
JRamos glad to see you got it together.

I had the chance to correct my pitch curves and got it pretty good for some more flying/breaking in. +12.3 deg and -12.1 deg. Mid stick is about at zero, and swash is level! Spent a bit of time to learn the beastx a bit to get my pitch correct too. I will say, the manual is invaluable.

Today I went nose in for the first time on this heli! On my mcpx that's no problem even w/o piro comp but the 450 was a bit intimidating at first but it was great! Also did a really tight slow figure 8 (all in my back yard). Gotta wait until I have a bit more space to really let her loose. Heli is really flying good so next mod is more batteries! Glacier packs seem really nice in this heli.
Thanks! Glad to hear you're starting to feel more comfortable. For me, that's the key. I find that when I start thinking too much, I get in trouble. When I relax and just fly, things seem much easier. On the other hand, getting overconfident has also bit me in the butt.

I flew her again today and I noticed a slight tail wag issue that had never happened with the stock tail servo. I played around with the ar7200bx pot 3 a bit and it seems to be better. I like the power of my new Align tail servo, but I need to get it as locked in as the stock one was or else I won't be happy with it.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #1344 (permalink)
Registered Users

A few pics of my new Align 460mx motor installed [emoji3]
Old 05-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #1345 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good looking 450x. Where do you fly up Frisco way? We'll have to fly together sometime.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #1346 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice bird
Old 05-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #1347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very Nice JRamos, Is that the Pulse 2250 battery? I may be wrong on that mah rating but I have 3 Glacier batteries and 1 eflite so Pulse was my next battery to test out.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #1348 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pulse and Glacier are both quality packs.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:34 AM   #1349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
Good looking 450x. Where do you fly up Frisco way? We'll have to fly together sometime.
Thanks! I mostly fly at a large undeveloped grass field on Town and Country Blvd just west of Legacy Dr. Plenty of space and don't have to worry about random passersby coming up unannounced while I'm flying.

I don't know anyone else local who flies helis other than the LHS employees, so shoot me a PM if you're ever up this way or planning on coming this way.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #1350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
Nice bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodarac View Post
Very Nice JRamos, Is that the Pulse 2250 battery? I may be wrong on that mah rating but I have 3 Glacier batteries and 1 eflite so Pulse was my next battery to test out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
Pulse and Glacier are both quality packs.
Thanks gents, and yes Vodarac, that is the Pulse 2250...the 45c one. Ed is right...I don't have any experience with Glacier, but the Pulse battery is great for the money.

At about $30, its slightly cheaper than the stock one, 45c vs 30c, is put together very well, and looks good. The real world difference in performance is subtle...but there. I'll be buying more.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:38 AM   #1351 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I run 6s Glaciers on my 550e and its night and day from a mid grade pack. Either brand will breathe new life into your machine for sure.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #1352 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRamos View Post
Thanks! I mostly fly at a large undeveloped grass field on Town and Country Blvd just west of Legacy Dr. Plenty of space and don't have to worry about random passersby coming up unannounced while I'm flying.

I don't know anyone else local who flies helis other than the LHS employees, so shoot me a PM if you're ever up this way or planning on coming this way.
Will do. I don't go that way normally, but would to fly for sure. If you have your AMA membership and get down my way I'll be happy to take you to the club field. Sadly, it floods and the last picture I saw of it looked like a lake. Don't know if we're going to get to fly Saturday morning or not. I work in Richardson and there's a place there we fly at lunchtime. Rumor has it they're going to start building there which will be too bad so we're flying as much as we can now. If you work close and your lunch hour isn't too restrictive we could meet there sometime.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:15 AM   #1353 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
Will do. I don't go that way normally, but would to fly for sure. If you have your AMA membership and get down my way I'll be happy to take you to the club field. Sadly, it floods and the last picture I saw of it looked like a lake. Don't know if we're going to get to fly Saturday morning or not. I work in Richardson and there's a place there we fly at lunchtime. Rumor has it they're going to start building there which will be too bad so we're flying as much as we can now. If you work close and your lunch hour isn't too restrictive we could meet there sometime.
Thanks for the invite! Unfortunately, I don't have my membership yet. I've only been flying RC aircraft for 5 months...and its all been self taught. So, most if my spending money had been going to upgrading my heli and buying a few planks and quads. Now that I'm happy with my heli, I can pull upgrades off of my budget and save up (aka discreetly stash money away little by little so the wife doesn't notice) for a couple of weeks to pay for the membership.

I can definitely meet up with you in Richardson before then though. I usually take Tuesdays and Fridays off. Let me know what time you take lunch and we'll set something up.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:24 AM   #1354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bought and installed the Castle Edge Lite 50. Now I get to go back to having my fear be caused by my limitations and lack of experience, instead of by the constant threat of a brownout [emoji33] .

Old 05-22-2015, 05:59 AM   #1355 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good! How do you have the castle esc secured? servo tape? I was kind of wondering which way to mount it. The square label looks like a heat sink so I didn't know if it was supposed to be mounted with the label facing up.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #1356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboHeli View Post
Looks good! How do you have the castle esc secured? servo tape? I was kind of wondering which way to mount it. The square label looks like a heat sink so I didn't know if it was supposed to be mounted with the label facing up.
Thanks! The label isn't a heat sink. The Edge Lite 50 doesn't have a heat sink. That's why I mounted it further back than where the stock ESC was. I used a piece of 2 sided tape over the square label to secure it. I may also drill a couple of small holes on the bottom of my canopy to enhance airflow.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #1357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a look at my new aluminum tail rotor pitch lever. Much more rigid than the stock plastic one...and only $12.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #1358 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My 450x wit its new canopy

Old 06-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #1359 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahajrp View Post
My 450x wit its new canopy

Canopy is sick, now all you need is some green zeal blades and tail blades..
jezzejamez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #1360 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzejamez View Post
Canopy is sick, now all you need is some green zeal blades and tail blades..
Excellent. Now I'm picturing some green trim on the boom and glue some little claws to the front of the skids....grrrrowl.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in