Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4636 View Post
Mine might not be an 450x from the factory. But none the less, mine is a Blade 450 3d. Converted to a 450x and then some!!!! I've kinda went crazy on my mods!!!
jason4636. That's got to be the coolest (and most expensive) rendition of the Blade 450X. Awesome job! What next?
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I hope you guys like it, an not laugh at it.
Heck no, that's very nice!
Rodney Kirstine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Practice, practice and alot more practice. Then hopefully when the Protos 700 comes out. I'll get one of them.

But on my heli, my next mods will be to put the motor an esc in. But after that, there's really nothing left to do. Maybe change out my tail fin and tail blades, to a bright color. Kinda hard to see orientation at any real distance.
jason4636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnahamelv View Post
jason4636. That's got to be the coolest (and most expensive) rendition of the Blade 450X. Awesome job! What next?
I see in your signature that your building a whiplash. I've watched some vids on it. To me they look sweet. I would really like to know how it flys. And yea it's a very expensive heli. I'm kinda thinking about getting my a 450x an keeping it all stock. So I would have another bird, an one that's not so expensive to repair
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can somebody post a pic of the head at half stick-zero pitch. I just want to see if anyone is running the follower arms a little off from horiontal position. I really want to get rid of that red light on step L of the BeastX
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Foreground: B450 3D converted to 450X, Fusuno Canopy, aluminum blade grips, Edge blades. Debating getting the aluminum swash.

Background: Bone stock hot rod 450X. 30g lighter than the convert, and a decent bit faster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG022.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	320242  
Napoleon_Tanerite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
Foreground: B450 3D converted to 450X, Fusuno Canopy, aluminum blade grips, Edge blades. Debating getting the aluminum swash.

Background: Bone stock hot rod 450X. 30g lighter than the convert, and a decent bit faster.
Man you need to get some KBDD tail blades on those birds. They work awesome and are by far the best bang for your buck upgrade.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmatheextreme View Post
Can somebody post a pic of the head at half stick-zero pitch. I just want to see if anyone is running the follower arms a little off from horiontal position. I really want to get rid of that red light on step L of the BeastX
When I have 0 pitch at mid stick, my follower arms are horizontal.

But I used a T450 tripod leveler to double check the Blade leveler and I use the tripod leveler to assure that my swash is level at full positive and negative collective.

I think you might have your swash a tad too high or too low at mid stick, depending. This would make your follower arms just a bit off......My Blade leveler teeters a bit because the surface the leveler sits on is not perfectly level. I just use the Blade leveler to set the swash height, while checking that the follower arms are horizontal at mid stick.....then use the tripod leveler to get the swash exactly level......all being done while in setup menu G WITH any servo selected and exit setup menu G with any servo selected.

Hope this helps!
gl
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Blade 450X with Telemetry

Hi All

Just thought I'd post a few pics of my 450X with telemetry.

I have installed:
1) RPM sensor

2) Voltage sensor

3) Temp sensor - I have this around the base of the motor, similar to a previous post by another user in this thread. It's a close as I can get it and 2 drops of glue hold this in place. The glue wasn't really necessary as it was pretty tight in there, but just to be 100% safe.

4) Altimeter - on the left of the frame. Works really well, just a pity it occasionally
initialises at negative altitude (about minus 1 meter). That does correct slightly, but still end up negative when landing. I can understand it going negative because of change in weather etc, but starting at negative seems wrong. Oh well.

5) G-Force sensor - not that useful on a helicopter, but still fun to look at the graphs etc, so I put it on. At the moment my flying limit is fast forward flight with stall turns and the occasional stationery rolls and flips. But I imagine the g-forces will be interesting for all you guys who are doing more serious 3D flying.

I use the TM1000 and the STi iphone/ipad adaptor.

In all this adds approx 70 grams to the weight. It still flys perfectly well and is very stable. I fortunately haven't had any issues like I've read about on this forum.
All other items (except the canopy) are standard. I prefer to keep it this way to avoid all the technical issues I've read about with changing parts or upgrading. I'd rather spend the time flying. Having said that my motor will probably fail on my next flight!

The only issue I have is with the RPM gauge on the telemetry app. The RPM sensor occasionally jumps to the extreme right on the gauge and the readout changes to "infinity". It stays like that for about 5 seconds and them goes back to the correct reading. It's the latest app version and iOS version. Happens on both iphone 4s and ipad2. I've read about another person on Helifreak also experiencing this - no solution yet. The RPM graphs are fine, which shows the data is getting to the app fine. It's just the gauge. Luckily I only use the graphs, so not really an issue, but if I have someone with me watching the app they can't monitor the RPM at times. The read out on DX8 screen is always correct. Strange??

I am really impressed with the 450X. It's my first collective pitch and I have about 30 flight on it (5 - 6 min each). I'd recommend it highly.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the 450X thread - really useful to read.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations on my telemetry setup. Or a solution to the telemetry app RPM issue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	321403   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	321404   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	321405   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	321406   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	321407  

Name:	photo 6.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	321408   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 7.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	321409   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 8.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	321410   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 9.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	321411   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 10.PNG
Views:	378
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	321412  

Name:	photo 11.PNG
Views:	300
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	321413   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 12.PNG
Views:	325
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	321414  
Delll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mine might not be an 450x from the factory. But none the less, mine is a Blade 450 3d. Converted to a 450x and then some!!!! I've kinda went crazy on my mods!!!

So here's all my mods to date

Sookum SK720 FBL controller
Tarot FBL head with the DFC links
Jason4636 - great looking heli! Awesome job, and nice use of electronics/mods. I know many people purchase the Tarot head from CNC heli, but where did you purchase the DFC links from?

Thx
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

So here's all my mods to date

Sookum SK720 FBL controller
Tarot FBL head with the DFC links
Hitec 5056's for cyclic
Hitec 5084 for tail
The whole tail, fins, and both sets of blades are CF and aluminum
T-rex 500 skids
T-rex 450 canopy
Scorpion 2221-6 (not installed yet)
Hobbywing esc (not installed yet)
Hyperion phase sensor (not installed yet)

All I can say about the SK720 is? I love it!!!! It has self-level, that I have as a bail-out switch. But now it is helping me learn inverted flight. Cause the SK has SL for upright and inverted flight. I know it has boosted my confidence level a bunch.

I got the scorpion motor, esc, an phase sensor to be able to run the governor ot the SK. It's gov. is pro-active instead of re-active. Since the gov is controlled by the SK, when you input pitch or cyclic. It will ramp up the motor, befor hand. So there is no motor bog. Plus once I get my DX8. I can program in 3 gov. rpm's to a switch.

I hope you guys like it, an not laugh at it.
Looks great! That's my favorite canomod canopy and your mcpx looks almost exactly like mine. But I was wondering, what mods are required for the tarot DFC head? Did you have to do anything to the shaft?

Edit: found it: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ght=Align+head

Last edited by TheHeliDude; 06-07-2012 at 11:55 PM..
TheHeliDude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know if you can use the TM1000 module with a DX6i or do you need more channels?
RCHN Citizen 48
lrs5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrs5 View Post
Does anyone know if you can use the TM1000 module with a DX6i or do you need more channels?
NO, because the radio does not have telemetry, nor does it have a LCD screen.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrs5 View Post
To view the telemetry data from the TM1000/1100 on the transmitter screen, you would need either the DX8 or new telemetry capable DX7 transmitter. However, it may be possible to use the DX6 and view the telemetry data using the Spektrum STi using either the iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone.
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I mean is can it be used with the Iphone interface \ do you need more than 6 channels to control the TM1000?
RCHN Citizen 48
Old 06-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To view the telemetry data from the TM1000/1100 on the transmitter screen, you would need either the DX8 or new telemetry capable DX7 transmitter. However, it may be possible to use the DX6 and view the telemetry data using the Spektrum STi using either the iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone.

Haha nevermind he beat me to it...
RCHN Citizen 48
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good point, didn't think of that.. lol
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
Jason4636 - great looking heli! Awesome job, and nice use of electronics/mods. I know many people purchase the Tarot head from CNC heli, but where did you purchase the DFC links from?

Thx

I also got the links from cnc heli
Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeliDude View Post
Looks great! That's my favorite canomod canopy and your mcpx looks almost exactly like mine. But I was wondering, what mods are required for the tarot DFC head? Did you have to do anything to the shaft?

Edit: found it: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ght=Align+head

There wasn't no mods done to the heli to run the dfc links. The only thing I had to do was, lower my swash plate about 2mm. And go back thru my setup, I had 16 degrees + an - on my blades. I haven't had alot of stick time with work and vacation and all. So far I really like it. It seem more responsive
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

With it's big brother. I'm going to get the CF fins and aluminum tail case for the 450. My goal is to make them look as close to eachother as possible.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0240.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	323176  
Napoleon_Tanerite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in