Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

Spreading Wings Multirotor Support Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI S800 + Z15

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAoI1MicCI[/ame]
raytang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

sidneyw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DJI Zenmuse S800 testing Ruling (6 min 49 sec)
POWERFTK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like this system has a problem to keep the horizon level ??
Exposure is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no bad

[ame]http://youtu.be/VDRpaSmOWkk[/ame]
Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol - I can see you did your best to keep any horizon reference out of the video, but where it does dare to sneak in, you can see that it isn't level.

Plus what is going on with that slewing control ?. Way to harsh for any video work.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Follow the YT link, this is not powerftk's vid.
I don't think there was an active camera op on that, it may have been just the pilot, so I wouldn't read too much into the controlled 'movements'. Who even knows what they were testing???
Even if a slow drift occurs, which could easily be corrected by a camera op, to shoot in those conditions and to achieve that type of stability is quite amazing. Look at the part when you can see the landing gear. There are fast bounces bordering on vibration that don't even register in the camera. In my book, that is way more important and useful than keeping a level horizon for long periods of time.
Not trying to defend their product, just putting it in perspective.

EDIT- In fact, you can see at 1:53 that only one person is flying, and without a monitor.
yeehaanow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh - looking on Youtube, I see the poster is a DJI rep so I'll wait until believers like you fork out the 3K.

This is why I don't trust promo videos : that camera angle has been carefully set to avoid getting the horizon in the video. What else has been avoided ?.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not a promo video. It's just another test video.
I think the only thing done carefully was to keep the copter from blowing away. It's a damn gale force wind with no camera op!
They're not hiding anything by the angle of the camera. It's clear as day that it begins off-level and pretty much stays at the same angle the entire time. You're missing the point- which is the fact that it's possible to get usable video in conditions that are usually off limits.

I won't be buying one, and I only believe what I see. I think it's at least fair to say that no commercial gimbal has been that stable in crazy wind like that. This is a first.
The point I stop getting usable video on my multirotor you can barely see the trees moving.

Someone posted in another forum somewhere that even the million $ cineflex mounts have drift over time, and have to be 'nulled' at points.
yeehaanow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The horizon was not level right from the start, and it was maintained almost the same all the time. So I would say the system performs quite well. If they initially had it level guess it would stay so.
EDIT: Yeehaanow, you were the first to point this out, guess we started commenting in the same time.
Anto6ka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeehaanow View Post
I won't be buying one, and I only believe what I see. I think it's at least fair to say that no commercial gimbal has been that stable in crazy wind like that. This is a first.
+1

I am the same... probably worse. I barely believe what I see and nothing I hear as far as this stuff goes. It only takes buying a few of these to realize that most footage is very carefully shot as I expect they should in a business where selling smooth footage is the goal. Still this looks pretty darn decent for a carefully shot Rep Test/promo/ propaganda or whatever we call it video in heavy winds. Looking forward to seeing footage off the larger gimbal as this is for sure too small for my needs.

Brad_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[ame]http://youtu.be/NRUa4yU5HSY[/ame]
Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am by no means a DJI fan.... but roberts videos have really caught my eye.... the zen gimbal system is amazing.... no servos (brushless motors) and a built in IMU. it is $$$ and only for the Nex-5n and GH2 (separate SKUs) but non the less impressive

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzRuqsWPvtk[/ame]

this is impressive....
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLCR3bVEDU[/ame]

the only thing that I have see that is even close is the cinestar gimbal and new IMU system
Adidas4275 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just FYI,

We're carrying the full DJI lineup. S800, Zenmuse, Wookong, Ace One, F550, F450, etc.

We have a few items on the web shop now and will have it all up soon.

PhotoShip One is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is cool.... to see them as a partner rather than a competitor... and your working with Gaui???? i guess their overlap is not that big
Adidas4275 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody know if the cinestar system is standalone ?.

It's the only one I've seen stabilising a full 5D setup.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
that is cool.... to see them as a partner rather than a competitor... and your working with Gaui???? i guess their overlap is not that big
I don't think DJI has ever been a competitor to us. We do not make multirotor components. Yes, they have a gimbal now but it's price point is beyond what our target gimbal customer is paying. We see it as an opportunity to offer a type of product we previously did not.

We are not working 'with' Gaui in a collaborative/partnership effort but rather we will be selling their products as soon as they are released. We will be helping promote them and sharing tent space with them at IRCHA event along with Empire and Scorpion.

PhotoShip One is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[ame]http://youtu.be/rv0gOBhZNFs[/ame]
Old 06-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default DJI S800 Recall?

It looks like DJI's S800s are being recalled due to an ESC problem.

Any comment from DJI on this?

DJI S800 Product Bulletin

Dear Valued DJI Innovations customers:

DJI Innovations has determined that the Electronic Speed Controllers in certain S800 Hexacopters manufactured between May 2012 and June 28 2012 could have higher than expected temperature affecting an unknown number of units. Your confidence in our products is paramount; DJI Innovations is conducting a voluntary program to replace those parts free of charge.

Please email your order details to s800@dji-innovations.com to see if this bulletin applies; we will then issue an RMA number and instructions to send in your parts for repair.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but rest assured we will always do everything in our power to insure your safety and satisfaction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in