Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

there was nothing in my spares box but the local (plank and car) model shop had some 100mm props that fit a 1mm shaft.
I've cut one down to 65mm and reduced the chord a bit and it works surprisingly well.
it's much heavier than the rrc but the hold is pretty good considering its a bit of a botch job.

I am getting a bit of wag but it's not a problem, I could shorten the boom to get rid of it but as this is a temporary prop it will be ok.

hopefully the rrc props won't take a month to arrive like my last order from the us.

thanks for the help.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've balanced the new prop and the wag is gone.
just test flew it in the garden and the hold is brilliant. I can be as aggressive on pitch pumps as I like and its solid.
did a few flips in the garden which I never dared do before.

if its this good with the frankenprop I can't wait to try the rrc.

thanks for the help, it's definitely well worth the work.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lets push this awsome writeup to the first page again.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Lets push this awsome writeup to the first page again.

Walter
Exactly Walter, you are so right!! This thread answered a lot of questions I had, STICKY PLEASE!!!!!!!
And thanks DoubleCH, you´re a real wizard
timox72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks DoubleCH

I've read the Steffen BLHeli thread twice to absorb, so I can't tell you how much this tread helps! Thanks very much DoubleCH

Add my vote for making it a STICKY!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

.................... push it baby...
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sticky definatly gets my vote!
rew-7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess, I may add a link to this thread into BLHeli-Setup Menu structure in coming version...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks DoubleCH for this thread.

I am relatively new to the world of RC helis (started one year ago), but am just now learning about the (deep, wide and complex) world of brushless motors and governor modes. Your explanation in the first post is simply...

BRILLIANT!

I recently received a "mild" brushless kit from Astroid Designs for my nano and after reading this thread have also just ordered the toolstick kit and debug boards from Digikey. Armed with your actually comprehensible explanation of the (previously incomprehensible) nature of the differences between TX and arm governor modes under BLHeli, I feel I'm now much better prepared to take the jump into this brave (for me) new world. What a great hobby!

Once again, excellent explanation!

Thank You!
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Recommended DA-to-XP3A connections and software toolchain?

@DoubleCH

Could you kindly provide a bit more detail as to the specific wiring configuration to be used when using the Toolstick Base adapter (BA) in conjunction with the Toolstick Debug Adapter? Like you, I opted for the complete Toolstick Starter Kit (with BA and F330 Daughter board) as well as the Toolstick Debug Adapter. (I also wish to keep the Toolstick BA "clean" to use together with the F330 DB for future experimentation/education.)

I'd prefer to modify only the Debug Adapter board for use in flashing an XP-3A which came as a part of an Astroid Designs "Mild" nano brushless lit. (I also have a couple XP-3A ordered from HK to play with.)

Your photo shows three wires connected to the Debug adapter - which pins do these correspond to on the XP-3A? (I'd rather not perform any smoke tests!) And BTW, which pins on the F330 MCU do these three wires correspond to?

Also, just curious which software development tool chain do you recommend? (The SiLabs IDE comes in several versions and there appears to be more than one C compiler and assembler to choose from.) Do you know what Steffen uses to build BLHeli?

Any help would be appreciated. Once again, thanks for your very helpful initial post - (which very nicely augments the work of Steffen et. al.) You do a good job of clearly and accurately explaining things in a very detailed manner. (I'm an engineer and really appreciate it!)
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
Also, just curious which software development tool chain do you recommend? (The SiLabs IDE comes in several versions and there appears to be more than one C compiler and assembler to choose from.) Do you know what Steffen uses to build BLHeli?
I use Raisonance Rkit-51, that is linked into the SiLabs IDE as a tool chain. There is a free hobby version that is code size limited to 8k.
sskaug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
@DoubleCH

Could you kindly provide a bit more detail as to the specific wiring configuration to be used when using the Toolstick Base adapter (BA) in conjunction with the Toolstick Debug Adapter? Like you, I opted for the complete Toolstick Starter Kit (with BA and F330 Daughter board) as well as the Toolstick Debug Adapter. (I also wish to keep the Toolstick BA "clean" to use together with the F330 DB for future experimentation/education.)

I'd prefer to modify only the Debug Adapter board for use in flashing an XP-3A which came as a part of an Astroid Designs "Mild" nano brushless lit. (I also have a couple XP-3A ordered from HK to play with.)

Your photo shows three wires connected to the Debug adapter - which pins do these correspond to on the XP-3A? (I'd rather not perform any smoke tests!) And BTW, which pins on the F330 MCU do these three wires correspond to?
The 3 wires color coding translation:
red->red
brown->black
orange->white
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Finished flashing and test flying my 2nd Turnigy AE 45A ESC. For some unknown reason my 1st one spontaneously fried itself after flash, run up, stopped, unplugged and then replugged. I take this chance to post a video on how to calibrate PPM min/max values (which I highly recommend if you run governor mode in order to have an accurate throttle-value-to-governed-headspeed translation) and enter TX program mode. Steffen has done a great job explaining everything required to calibrate PPM min/max values and enter TX program mode but I know people still want a video for illustration. Note that this video is for ESC running PPM throttle signal input. For those who run PWM brushed motor signal, the part to calibrate PPM min/max values doesn't apply. Also, every receiver, brushed motor ESC, 3-in-1 board, FBL controller, etc. has different initialization time before it'll respond to user throttle input so you may need to play with timing for sure success. The key points to notice is that if you flip throttle stick off zero too soon, receive/3-in-1 may not like it and prevent arming ESC or outputting brushed motor signal. If you flip throttle stick off zero too late, it'll not trigger PPM calibration or TX program mode although Steffen has added a 1-second delay since v9.4 and up to greatly widen the time period to flip throttle stick off zero.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-3SFJL6wM[/ame]
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks guys!

I just received my toolstick dev stuff and arduino starter kit as well. (also got my Digikey order with a bunch of FETs and connectors) Will be downloading and installing the recommended tools. Time to start having some fun getting my hands (and brain) dirty (its been a while since I've done any low level programming). First things first is to write an 8051 ASM custom color syntax highlighting scheme for my favorite editor (EditPad Pro).

Thanks again guys!
Old 09-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI i purchased this stick but it has to small of a plug for my ESC does any one know where i can get an adapter ?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/blheli-10...ing-cable.html
Zippets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
you will have to solder plugs on your ESC, not use the motor-out or battery/signal in points.
See the BL-Heli ESC manual for soldering points.

Walter
Old 10-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippets View Post
HI i purchased this stick but it has to small of a plug for my ESC does any one know where i can get an adapter ?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/blheli-10...ing-cable.html
If you need a few flashing plugs for your ESC, shoot me a PM. I have a bunch of extras and I'll send you a few. [emoji106]
Old 12-31-2018, 11:30 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BLHeli run on HW Platinum Pro V4?

Fast forward to 2018... (boy those five years sure flew by! )

I recently got a HW Platinum Pro v4 60A ESC for my new Oxy 4 Max and was wondering if BLHeli supports this ESC (its not in any of the the "Supported ESCs" documents).

p.s. I've been successfully flashing the stock XK K110 1S ESC with (PLUSH 10A MAIN) 14.9 BLHeli firmware using an Arduino 4-in-1 interface and am absolutely loving it! (The beacon function has saved me twice so far.) Would like to get the beacon function and active freewheeling going on my new Oxy 4 Max. Am I out of luck?

And is sskaug still developing BLHeli?

Thanks for any knowledgeable insights,
Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in