Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX Tarot FBL too much +ve pitch

Hello everyone. I managed to solve my rotor head (Align 450 DFC FBL) wobble and vibration and manage to hover a few times this morning. Heli was flying great but the thing was, at max throttle, my blade pitch was something like almost 75 degrees. Negative pitch was ok, giving around -10 to 11 degrees, but as I increase my throttle stick, you can see the swash plate being pushed up all the way.

Looks like too much play and this causes the blades to have severe positive pitch. It is not possible to fly the heli at that level and I have not even tried putting the stick beyond 50% (mid throttle).

So do I have to configure ZYX or the Turnigy 9x receiver with firmware er9X? I believe it has to be done on the ZYX, but I have search through the manual, I cannot find where to configure this. Here is the video to show how severe the positive pitch is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvjX-hS0LJg[/ame]
batman72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new to FBL systems and still waiting for my ZYX to arrive, but:

On the video it looks like you have 0 degrees when the stick is down. Asuming you want to fly this heli in Idle Up mode, you should have 0 degrees at mid stick. And even if you fly it in normal mode, you should set it up for some negative pitch with throttle stick down.

First of all you should programm a straight pitch curve from -100 to +100 (or 0 to 100, depending on your transmitter). I prefer to do it like 0 50 50 50 100, as it is easier to "find" the mid stick position for setting up 0 pitch. If it is set up like this, you should have the same amount of positive and negative pitch. And from there, you can increase/decrease the maximum pitch in the ZYX setup.
Holly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Actually Holly, the pitch is around -ve 10 degrees when the throttle stick is at min position.

About the pitch curve, where can you set it? To use ZYX, you have to disable swash mixing on the Tx, hence where do I set the pitch curve on the Turnigy 9x with firmware eR9x. The only place the pitch curve can be assigned is the mixing menu. But upon saying this, I have an idea which I will go try it out later.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I didn't see this -11 in the video. Maybe a problem of the viewing angle.
I don't know your transmitter, but there must be some pitch curve.

Maybe this helps: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Vkbco6b8A[/ame]

He shows the setup procedure with a 9x. But I've got no idea what software he uses and if it is any different.
Holly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi my internet connection is so slow I gave up on your video but if you are using a laptop to set the ZYX the problem is easy to solve:

Set straight line pitch curve in transmitter 0 to 100, you can do that no matter what make or type of tranny you have.
Use the PC software to set it up.
On the appropriate set up screen, use pitch trim to set your blades at 0 degrees at midstick. If you have a correctly built heli (mechanically) your pitch travel will now be the same either side of centre stick, ie, +15, -15 for example.
Use the pitch travel adjust slider on the software screen to adjust the total amont of pitch travel you want, ie maybe +/- 10 degrees.

If you are using the transmitter or programming box then go and buy the USB dongle and do the job properly!
averhamdave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

is that 0-100% pitchcurve?

if so, 50% is 0 stick,you should have 0 pitch there, meaning straight blaes, so thats your probelem

set to midstick, level swash, level blades , go fly
Old 07-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersn View Post
is that 0-100% pitchcurve?

if so, 50% is 0 stick,you should have 0 pitch there, meaning straight blaes, so thats your probelem

set to midstick, level swash, level blades , go fly
Yes, but I doubt he's mechanically right otherwise it wouldn't all be one way, also his overall pitch throw is way too much.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had to set my tx to 90 degrees swash and then set swash plate over all travel with the zyx unit .
All end points to a 100
Then I went to pitch curve in tx and setup where 0 pitch was and then set rest of pitch curves up to fly like I wanted it to fly
worked for me good luck
AKPhill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

A nice thing about this forum is how you can find help from all over the world! Just look at this short thread for example
Old 07-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your mechanical setup is probably way off - I can clearly see in your vid you've got lots of positive pitch at mid stick.

First, watch the Finless videos on CCPM setup, then go set the cyclic servo horns at 90 at mid stick (assuming a 0-100% linear pitch curve). Adjust you servo-swash push rods to center and level the swashplate. Then adjust you swash-blade linkages to get 0 pitch. Then use the Tarot software to change the collective range such that you get whatever pitch you want at the top (let's say 11). If you did all this right, you should automatically get -11 at the bottom.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yup, you are right. I managed to get the mechanics right now. However, now the heli jumps like a kangaroo. haha...

People are saying its too much gain. My gain in ZYX is set at 40. Is that too high? See my other post on the kangaroo heli.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

as I said on the othre thread, 40 is way too high for HXT900's. Set it down to 25 and tune from there.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in