Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default who has new tail lever assy in stock ?

is there a pn I should be using to search ?

found it at GrandRC
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992
skered53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

why not buy it from grandrc? i got mine on ebay last week or so. shipped quickly...few days actually.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...H50189&x=4&y=4
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered mine from here

http://www.aligntrexstore.com/500Met...89_p_2032.html

$45.99 with free US shipping

Sent from my tablet via Tapatalk
GT86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default $ 86 total to go this route

since I still have the non PRO TR gearbox, looks like i will need to get one of those also.

http://grandrc.com/p51040/H50117A-50...duct_info.html

is the threaded stub coming out the side of the plae integral to the plate or is it held on via screw/s like on the ESP plate ?, I ask since i see they have gone away from that bridging spacer at the rear to an integral type coming out of both plates. from this picture it looks to be a 1 piece deal.

http://grandrc.com/Elec.-Helis-&-Par...duct_info.html

Thanks, the slop always returns to the stock tail.

How are these new ones holding up ?
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992
Old 06-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sell old parts... yes it is one piece now and two screws instead of one pass thru threaded screw.
AMA #1039539
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the Pro tail a direct fit on the ESP?

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ooops.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

ESP and Pro both can use the same new tail box...has same gearing.

Here's pics the new tail control and new tail box installed on my ESP...

https://www.helifreak.com/album.php?albumid=9237
AMA #1039539
Old 06-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nice pics

Whose pitch links are you using ?

Just to confirm, all the slop makes for more tr servo work ? I don't have any perceptable wag in a hover, but get a few degrees on pitch pumps. BX gain is at 65%, 70% induced a tail wag during a power climb-out from hover, ...
time to check that paypal balance
Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skered53 View Post
Whose pitch links are you using ?

Just to confirm, all the slop makes for more tr servo work ? I don't have any perceptable wag in a hover, but get a few degrees on pitch pumps. BX gain is at 65%, 70% induced a tail wag during a power climb-out from hover, ...
time to check that paypal balance
KDE's pitch links...several companies makes them though. This upgrade isn't a HAVE to do and honestly it's performance gain is very minimal but definitely a much better design and alot less slop. Slop can cause vibrations or even part wear. Don't expect this to fix your problems...it may or may not. Atleast it looks nice and sturdy and feels locked on.
AMA #1039539
Old 06-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default got mine from the LHS today

installed with mi old Kasama TR hub and a set of KBDD blades. Will test hop it tomorrow morning and report back. Cheers

PS TR drive shaft on this brand new TR GB has some side to side play, should have tried another DS
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, just to clarify for me because I have come into this discussion late.

I have the stock ESP tail assembly. If I want to upgrade (?) to this new tail control I need to buy the entire new PRO tail assembly AND the new tail lever assy.? Or does some one sell the PRO tail assembly with the new lever assembly on it?
fvdriver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

She's rock solid ! did loops, some piros and quick tail jabs, she's good to go and recise as all get out

Makes me wonder about other mfg's tails with pins and plastic ??
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

the tail lever bits comes as an assembly loosely asembled ( so you can take it apart and locktite it as you go. it does come with the right side plate of the pro tr gear box (GB), this rs plate will not fit onto the esp tr gb as the new pro gb has an integral rear end spacer ( ESP tr gb has that seperate silver spacer tube that loks like a mini frame spacer as seen in front of the two cyclic servos) So you do need to buy the PRO tr gb assy, and you need to buy the new tr pitch change lever assy. $ 84.98 total is the list prices. The slop from the ESP lever to the bottom ball on the bearing slider is no longer an issue
Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, that is what I thought,just wanted clarification. I augered it and my blade 400 in on Sat and spent almost $200 on parts . The 500 so hard it BENT the FBL headblock. I have had some tail slop issues and got the metal slider but that does not seem to have worked as well as I had hoped. I guess I am not done spending yet Oh yeah, its a helicopter. Flying these is a lot like when I was racing, buying the car (or heli) is the cheap part, repairs, parts is where the real cost is. If I was a dealer I would GIVE them away for the parts business
fvdriver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in