Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not have the words to tell you how much help these videos are!
I carefully read through every post on this thread, and just wanted to ask if I inadvertently screwed up one of the videos. I think it's video #3. It instructs us to install the balls on the swash plate, then to loctite the bolts on the "preassembled" piece that fits over it. Then, magically, you are holding the main shaft in your hand with the head, swash and preassembled piece all together! Am I missing part of the video where the shash plate is slid onto the shaft, then the preassembled piece, snapping on the ball links, sliding the head on, bolting the head in place with the Jesus bolt? I want to make sure I do this right. It seems like a no brainer to slide the head onto the shaft, because the holes must line up for the Jesus bolt to go through. But I don't know the relative positions of the other two pieces. Also, I have no idea if I am supposed to grease this main shaft, and, if so, with what lubricant.

You should set something up on the web so people could send you donations for your work. I'll be the first in line!
:-)
Mike
SoftwareDrone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #302 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I did not make a video putting the parts on the main shaft as I felt that was pretty simple.... Sorry... I think on the Trex600E build I cover that a little more. so you might want to watch that.

Yes you want to oil the main shaft.

bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob

I am an old heli flier bought a concept 30 about 15 years ago. I learned to hover thats about it but boy i could hover!! I was very undecited on what heli to buy because there are so many good heli's out there. I have watched this video more than once maybe more than five times and your videos helped me decide on the trex 600n belt drive.. got my kit today checked out the parts and manual. Got the head together looks great!! thank you for all the work that you do for people that you even know. just to let you know i am so proud of of my build to this point i can't get the smile off my face. thanks again
Bob aka waterbug57
waterbug57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #304 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I've been reading through my 600N Pro manual and boy am I appreciative of these videos! In most places, I can understand the instructions, but in other places the Chinese-to-English translation leaves much to be desired.

One video I'd really like to see is external mounting of a governor sensor. I've seen a few photos, but nothing that steps me through the process, especially getting the sensor lined up with the magnet.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #305 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Bob: I was rewatching the 600N Pro videos today and at the end of the "First Runs! Engine Break-in and Tuning" video was the following text: "Later I will do some final tuning vids including setting idle mixture etc." Are you still planning to do those videos? Being a total neophyte when it comes to glow engines, I could really use the instruction.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #306 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I'll try to do something next time I am out. Rained out this weekend.

Bob
Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post

Bob
Hi Bob,

I really would appreciate such a video. I'm going to finish my 600 N build in a few days. So an additional instruction video how to deal with a glow engine would be very helpful.

Looking forward to it :-)

Best regards,

Alexander
Acromaster
Sarek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1

The first runs video was awesome, as a nitro noob it answered a lot of questions for me. I know you have loads on your plate Bob with new projects all the time and everybody wanting everything, I'd be ever so grateful for more on nitro at some point
DMHC

frogbmth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #309 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
That would be absolutely great! Thanks again for all you do for the community!
Graupner MZ-32

Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #310 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default +1

Hey Bob,

I'd like to add my thanks for all of your work on these vids. I have a 450V2 and just finished my Nitro Pro. Your videos have been an invaluable resource for me.

I'd like to add a +1 for a video on further tuning of the nitro engines. I'm a nitro noob as well and would appreciate the instruction.

Regards,
2Jet
2jet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #311 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default question!!

i got some questions and i would like to know what kind of battery you used and whet a gov. does or if i need one.

thanks,
Nick
razer t-rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question question on clutch

hey bob thanks for the build vids!!!!!!
im haveing a problem with my clutch i keep breaking them i dont know why can you give me some tips???? i was flying today and powerd throw a loop and my heli cut out and i had to auto from like 350 feet up it was my first real auto off the simulator it worked out sweet!!!!! but i broke a clutch again i cheaked the GV1 after and it said my top head speed was 2050 rpms any tips, also im looking into a 9 channel receaver for my DX7 its a jr av 9000 do you know if it will work so i can run the full gv1 program switches and if might have some time to run a video on how to install the full GV1 setup, using cut off switch.. thanks bob... and to anyone that can help!!!
one more thing have you had problems with your 2&1 from align. Sometimes when i turn it on the heli doesnt bind with the remote i turn it back on and then it does im hoping this doesnt happon in flight because then there will be no auto to save the heli....
philliefiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #313 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

It's not the 2&1's problem. Sometimes DX RX's take a long time to bind. I get this as well on all my helis about 1-2 times out of 10 power ups. Only way I have found is to turn it off and back on and in rare circumstances, I have to power of the RX and TX and power back on. I notice it tends to do it more if other DX radios are on.
Also even if it does bind but takes too long be sure your gyro has not initialized before the RX does or you gyro will not be centered e.g. it initialized before it got a good rudder center stick signal from the RX. Again this is a known problem with DX radios

As for the clutch some folks have had this problem. Replace the clutch liner with a Raptor 90 clutch liner. It is thicker and doesn't allow the clutch shoes to expand as far which is what makes them break.

Bob
Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #314 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I'm getting ready to start my 600N build and I seem to remember one of Bob's videos somewhere in the Tech Room showing how to pack a thrust bearing with grease. Does anybody remember which video that was in? It wasn't in any of the 600N build videos.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #315 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I am pretty sure I show that in almost ALL of my videos.... I don't remember honestly but if I didn't show it in the 600N vids I for sure showed it in the 600E vids.

Bob
Old 02-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #316 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I agree that you mention greasing the bearing in the 600N and 600E videos, but you don't show the actual process of pressing the grease into the bearing in either video; you pause the video and when you come back, it's done.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 02-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #317 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well it's not hard! Just put some grease in the bearing and with your fingers SQUEEZE the grease in so it fills the bearing.

Bob
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #318 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A Testimonial to Finless Bob

I finally completed my 600N build. This is the first model I have built in over 25 years. I followed Bob's build videos to the letter. Not really knowing what to do next, I invited a veteran helicopter guy from the local flying field (who currently has a 600N and an N9) to my house to go through the build and to set up the head. After going through the helicopter for about a half hour with pitch gages, bubble levels everywhere, etc., he said, "This helicopter is PERFECT! In fact, can I get you to go through my helicopter?" I was laughing, and told him that I simply followed some build videos on the web.

Thanks Bob.
SoftwareDrone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 AM   #319 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Honestly it's because your new and follow things to the letter! I am not picking on guys that have been around a while but they sometimes get COMPLACIENT.... In fact about 6 months ago I was standing next to a sponsored pilot and pointed out how F'ed up his flybar cage was! These guys fly so good... he didn't even notice how F'ed it was but when I pointed it out... He fixed it POST HASTE....

Cracked me up man

Anyway good for you! Glad you go the "seal of approval"

Bob
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #320 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi bob
i would like to know if you have done any reviews on the align gov. g600 and if you have could you give me the link.
waterbug57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in