Incidence of Mini CP Receiver Damage - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I just want to give an update, which could well be the last. I have now got the other three receivers back from Walkera. They refused to repair one receiver but repaired the other two. I found both of them flew poorly. The heli became rather twitchy and unstable. It was particularly noticeable in FFF. Although I was still able to do flips and inverted flight, there were lots of tail blowouts. It was just downright unpleasant compared to the V120D02S which I flew at the same time. I think I have got to the end of the line as far as repairs are concerned with these receivers.
My feeling is that you overpitch your Mini or there is something mechanical in your heli that's not right.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
My feeling is that you overpitch your Mini or there is something mechanical in your heli that's not right.
I can't see how though. I have using the same air frames and the same settings throughout. I used two separate air frames for the receivers and the results were the same.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

try lowering gyro gain / adjusting rx pot

I know what you're talking about, seems to be a quirk of the firmware. You can induce the condition with a function generator. Seems to happen more frequently in windy conditions and when inverting, just banging on the collective controls can do it too.
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
try lowering gyro gain / adjusting rx pot

I know what you're talking about, seems to be a quirk of the firmware. You can induce the condition with a function generator. Seems to happen more frequently in windy conditions and when inverting, just banging on the collective controls can do it too.
Thanks, this is consistent with what I am seeing. I am getting some pendulum swings as the heli is hovering in the wind.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnik View Post
My mini started doing positive/negative pitch by itself all of the sudden. So i just zoom around and all of the sudden it goes up or down. Trying to investigate what exactly causes that, but it seems like it happens at the begginnig/ after exiting the maneuver. I was practicing figure 8 today, on the left turn couple of times it went up, going down mostly on the right turns. The swash just lifts/ lowers all by itself and there is no way to correct it. Was landing down with the throttle stick all the way to the top and rotor spinning at the max rpm. Its not a loose shaft either. After the landing/crash, if i kill the throttle, the swash levels and everything is back to normal until it happens again. There was another dude who had this problem, he says that cleaning the servo plugs solved it for some time until the problem returned. Did anyone had anything similar, any advice on how to fix it?
I have been experiencing something similar with my Mini CP as well. It sounds the same as your predicament, except that my Mini only goes full negative pitch. I have yet to determine what causes it, or if any pattern of flying behaviour instigates that response. So far it doesn't occur too often, but every now and then it'll go full negative pitch and land (thankfully not too hard), even whilst I'm applying 100% throttle. Once I bring the throttle down to 0 it will almost always fix itself. Failing that, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery works. I can often fly full packs without this problem occuring, whilst on other occasions it may show up 1 - 3 times during a pack...so it appears to be quite random.
Walkera Mini CP & V120D02S v2 w/ Devo 10
Judo JoNny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Thanks, this is consistent with what I am seeing. I am getting some pendulum swings as the heli is hovering in the wind.
One of the blades could be running higher than the other. Redo blade tracking at zero pitch and see if that's of any help.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

wiggle the servo connectors and check the wiring to try and get it to act up. I've had issues like that more than once caused by a bad connection from servo to board.

The b+ lead is connected directly to servo v in. Flexing the board can cause a weak connection tto go open, and more often than not can be verified that way.
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

i highly agree with zzyzx

The mini cp board gyro is that quick and good that a servo failiure will be translated into a vertical ījumpī as the board will level the heli assuming wind.

I had that a lot on one special board until i found out that one of the tiny resistors had a crack.
After exchanging it, i could flip the mini aside the blowing windsock hovering it there inverted with piros with a minimum of steering input.

Before it was a PITA
RogerRabit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Default I've been lucky...

I have 3 MCP and crash all the time... Never had a problem so far.. One thing I do is put a piece of tape on the canopy and battery tray to stop the canopy from lifting up. My first MCP doesn't have the coil glued so I hot glued it. My other 2 are a newer batch and comes straight from the factory already taken cared of. Hope this helps anybody....
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2014, 04:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mini cp recievers

I have 6-8 dead receivers can I send them to someone here to fix them for me?
tnks
doronav02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

doronav,

If it is the MOS or FET, you can order new ones from this guy:

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera43BLMotorEsc.htm

You have to have some pretty good soldering skills to replace those little things though.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.