CB 180Z Pro - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile CB 180Z Pro

I recently returned to flying helis from past experience in the late 70s. Bought a Walkera 180zpro and a Genius CP both of which I have throughly enjoyed. I knew before buying the wind limitations of the Pro which I now also assume means it does not like fast forward flight. My seems to nose into the ground anytime I try to fly it fast. Has anyone upgraded to the rotor head which will enable it to handle the wind
burk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been curious as well about this mod for my CB180D (http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeracb1...ail-3-1-1.aspx)

If you do it let us know how it works out!
Oyonnox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyonnox View Post
I've been curious as well about this mod for my CB180D (http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeracb1...ail-3-1-1.aspx)

If you do it let us know how it works out!
I have the CB180D that is the baby of the CB180Z. From what I have read that the 45% fly bar inhibits its agility. With the 90% fly bar there is more response. I am considering the upgraded head and extended servo arms as well. I have a lighted canopy that would be awesome in twilight flying. It's a great bird when it's dialed in! Not sure why Wow Hobbies dont put the head on there as it's supposed to be a wind rider. The only change they made was the servo arms that I know of
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought this when I still had my Madhawk 300. It never flew good after putting it on... It's possible that I installed incorrectly. I definitely would not buy it again though.

If I were you, I would pick up the basics on the 180Z, and focus on the CP heli. Since buying my CP helis, all of my fixed pitch are collecting dust.

If you plan on progressing in the hobby, it doesn't make sense to upgrade a model that you will quickly grow out of.

John
Old 06-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool... thanks for the info on the flybar mod. I probably won't do it, I just like to tinker with things. I've already done the direct drive tail motor mod and am in process for the brushless motors, but that'll be it for the CB180. I just like to max things out.

Hey one thing I would also recommend trying to get the CB180 to be more responsive (and give it a little more authority in the wind) is to move the ball linkages to the holes closest to the ends of the blades on the ballcrank, and increase the sensitivity on the gyro. Again, I don't have a Z but maybe you can adjust that stuff on your heli as well. Cheers!
Oyonnox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It has been a while since I logged on. Since then I did purchase the upgraded rotor head. Have it installed and will report on how it works. Came close to buying a Blade 450 but thought for alittle while I might get a few more hours enjoying this heli. Thanks for everyones help and advice.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Working 7 days a week has kept me from flying the CB 180 with the upgraded flybar modification but I wanted to post the recent results. The heli did not fly or hover well with the modification as shipped from Walkera and actually crashed the first time I put it in fast forward flight. So, I reduced the main rotor diameter even more to 15 inches and the flybar down to 8 3/4 inches. I have now test flown the heli 3 times flying the CB 180 outdoors in light wind and fast forward flight and it has preformed well in fast turns. The heli is much more sensitive and hovering over and landing on a fixed spot is very difficult. I am glad that I am able to get more use out of the heli but considering the cost, trouble and time, I would not recommend the modification to others.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I also find this heli pretty challenging. Went thru the entire head and increased it's stability quite abit. I just have to remember not to do any quick throws. Small and subtle is key. I have found the 180 z is alot easier to fly. Hands down tho, the Novus 200 fp is the best!:-)
varmit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit View Post
I also find this heli pretty challenging. Went thru the entire head and increased it's stability quite abit. I just have to remember not to do any quick throws. Small and subtle is key. I have found the 180 z is alot easier to fly. Hands down tho, the Novus 200 fp is the best!:-)
I still have mine and I have a large collection of parts I can fly well since I have dialed it in. What chore that was. Tested by wow yeah right. It crashed out of the box. It spent lots of time on the bench. The thing I hate most is that damned gear.

Never can have enough of those
Old 10-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ain't that the truth. Think I own at least 10 main gears. Why couldn't they make that dowl pin a screw!! Tore up blade grips trying to get the first pin out.
varmit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CB180D -- THANKS GUYS!

Hey Ya'll -- I found your posts by luck. I am an unfortunate owner of 2 Walkera CB180Ds. I got one 2 years ago, shipped from China and it was so unstable and misaligned the company sent me a replacement bird for free (customer service was good from this company, but I did give them a very hard time).

I ended up tweeking the second one quite a bit, but I had TONS of problems with the Walkera CB180D. I kept all the main and tail rotor blades and peices I shredded in a plastic bag... bag is full of peices of blades!!!! I got a set of super skids after destroying my landing gear - check 'em out here -- love them!!! Very durable! http://super-skids.com/ I ended up putting it up after getting frustrated.

I got the bug again a few months ago and pulled it out. I stripped it down and disassembled it competely. I used the first one for parts and tigtened it all up. After a couple of days I think I actually have the thing dialed in the best it's been ever - did a lot of adjustments to the linkages. The bird is sluggish and I've really got to anticipate throttle versus movements. Had I known others had such problems with them I'da spent my cash on another bird. Anyway, live and learn... hopefully I'll be a better pilot in the end. Reading your posts made me glad that I wasn't the only guy having problems.

I'm looking to upgrade to my first CP - thinking of an Align TRex 450 maybe? Sounds like a good one from the reviews. Cheers!

Anyway-- Thought I'd share my experience. Good to read your posts about this bird!

Matt
www.TheBlastingCabinet.com
mjgeraci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: CB 180Z Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgeraci View Post
Hey Ya'll -- I found your posts by luck. I am an unfortunate owner of 2 Walkera CB180Ds. I got one 2 years ago, shipped from China and it was so unstable and misaligned the company sent me a replacement bird for free (customer service was good from this company, but I did give them a very hard time).

I ended up tweeking the second one quite a bit, but I had TONS of problems with the Walkera CB180D. I kept all the main and tail rotor blades and peices I shredded in a plastic bag... bag is full of peices of blades!!!! I got a set of super skids after destroying my landing gear - check 'em out here -- love them!!! Very durable! http://super-skids.com/ I ended up putting it up after getting frustrated.

I got the bug again a few months ago and pulled it out. I stripped it down and disassembled it competely. I used the first one for parts and tigtened it all up. After a couple of days I think I actually have the thing dialed in the best it's been ever - did a lot of adjustments to the linkages. The bird is sluggish and I've really got to anticipate throttle versus movements. Had I known others had such problems with them I'da spent my cash on another bird. Anyway, live and learn... hopefully I'll be a better pilot in the end. Reading your posts made me glad that I wasn't the only guy having problems.

I'm looking to upgrade to my first CP - thinking of an Align TRex 450 maybe? Sounds like a good one from the reviews. Cheers!

Anyway-- Thought I'd share my experience. Good to read your posts about this bird!

Matt
www.TheBlastingCabinet.com
I started with the 180d. It needs special attention and will fly well in very calm days when the bird is trimmed out right. My next Walkera was the cb100. I have two hot rods I like them and moved up to the Walkera GCP.

The jump to a 450 is a great step. Align has a great kit. I personally have purchased a Trex 450 Pro DFC. I got the combo minus the 3GX.

Sent from Mars. Using Mars Rover.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.