Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Happens to Full Scale birds as well

Quote" Tail Resonance.
Upon spool up, the helicopters will experience a vibration in the tail assembly, but only during spool up. The tail is hitting a resonant frequency at a certain head speed; this is not a problem, its just something the 130 X does. The key is to quickly move through this head speed range. To avoid this issue, advance the throttle from low throttle to about 75% throttle immediately. The goal is to pop the helicopter off the ground as quickly as possible without letting it stay at the head speed that causes the resonant vibration. Once it moves past this head speed and is off the ground and in the air, the vibration will disappear. "

James, thank you for the clear and understandable explanation. When Arthur Young was designing what was to become the Bell 47 they ran into a problem that they called "2 per rev", which was basically the same thing. Once they got past this resonance the problem simply went away.

Nothing like a historical precedent.

Jake
DJI Mavic Pro
lightbg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

is your gyro sens setting on a dx7 suppose to be set to zero or 50% on both sides.

In the manual is says INH does that mean 0 % or what is it correctly suppose to be set to?

any help would be great thanks
Helistyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can safely say the first take off I did not do fast enough thus... fall over to the side whap!

Second time... I did what was told and yeah, it works.

I dare say this might be something that should be said in a FLYER in the box almost.

Say all you want but not everyone comes here and WOULD not know this fast enough.

my two cents.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
I can safely say the first take off I did not do fast enough thus... fall over to the side whap!

Second time... I did what was told and yeah, it works.

I dare say this might be something that should be said in a FLYER in the box almost.

Say all you want but not everyone comes here and WOULD not know this fast enough.

my two cents.
from the manual

"Takeoff
Quickly increase the throttle to 1/2 throttle and establish a low level hover.

CAUTION: Do not give any aileron, elevator or rudder commands before takeoff or the helicopter may crash."
Old 07-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixster View Post
from the manual

"Takeoff
Quickly increase the throttle to 1/2 throttle and establish a low level hover.

CAUTION: Do not give any aileron, elevator or rudder commands before takeoff or the helicopter may crash."

Oh no I saw that, after I snagged the settings for my DX6i but like I said... I do not think everyone reads that.

I admit I went to my settings first then bound .. then flew... then WENT back and read it.

I have to bet not everyone reads it right away.... just a hunch. Hence the flyer that is orange and is in your face lol.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone considered the bevel gear rubbing on a FET could cause any vibration issues that in turn cause the gyro to act goofy as well as affect other heli operations? I mean from what I understand, vibration is a killer of flybarless right?

I'm just saying!
browndog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by browndog View Post
Has anyone considered the bevel gear rubbing on a FET could cause any vibration issues that in turn cause the gyro to act goofy as well as affect other heli operations? I mean from what I understand, vibration is a killer of flybarless right?

I'm just saying!
merch@nt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

after reading the thread on the bevel gear problem, I checked mine out and mine deff has been rubbing on the servo fet :/

you can see all the black dust when looking at it with a flash light

Hopefully it doesn't cause any problems as I only have 4 flights on mine, I bet its already worn enough so it isn't rubbing anymore.

Tomorrow I might take some sand paper and run the motor up without the blades on and bevel the gear down to allow clearance.

hopefully horizon addresses this issue.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helistyle View Post
after reading the thread on the bevel gear problem, I checked mine out and mine deff has been rubbing on the servo fet :/

Hopefully it doesn't cause any problems as I only have 4 flights on mine, I bet its already worn enough so it isn't rubbing anymore.

Tomorrow I might take some sand paper and run the motor up without the blades on and bevel the gear down to allow clearance.

Don't run the motor when sanding it you might melt the gear turn the grips by hand.
merch@nt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not going to melt the gear with fine sand paper and throttle at low rpms, my gear would have already melted runnin against the servo get if that was the case .
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helistyle View Post

What about space out the servo with washers? Sorry, but I'm still waiting for delivery of the model.
liftbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftbag View Post
What about space out the servo with washers? Sorry, but I'm still waiting for delivery of the model.
The servo is fitted in a slot in the frame, looks like the only option is to turn/file down the gear
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah only option would be to file the gear down some, I might just leave it as I have had no problems as of yet.

Helicopter flies great just dont know how they would fix this issue, unless some of the gears that are being molded are bigger then others .
Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got the heli.....still learning to fly, but can easily do flips, hover invert. and fly the entire field....this thing is great Have noticed the dust build up from the gear rubbing on the fet...also the tail, at times, seems to shake while hovering in the air....gears are fine and not stripped. Any ideas what may have caused the tail shake?
NPETRO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is Horizon going to comment on the high percentage of users with initialization issues? I understand if you guys are still testing before making a statement, but although I haven't had any range issues or anything it certainly doesn't raise my confidence level. If you want to send me a replacement, I'll send you mine after receiving it for testing purposes.

If you guys say it's fine to fly with once it's fully initialized that's fine until you come out with a fix. If you are going to offer warranty replacements, are we going to have to ship our old ones back or do it with a "core charge" type of replacement to keep us flying?

See this thread for reference: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=431571
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck View Post
Is Horizon going to comment on the high percentage of users with initialization issues? I understand if you guys are still testing before making a statement, but although I haven't had any range issues or anything it certainly doesn't raise my confidence level. If you want to send me a replacement, I'll send you mine after receiving it for testing purposes.

If you guys say it's fine to fly with once it's fully initialized that's fine until you come out with a fix. If you are going to offer warranty replacements, are we going to have to ship our old ones back or do it with a "core charge" type of replacement to keep us flying?

See this thread for reference: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=431571
+1 on this first time I plugged it in this morning no trouble 2nd time it took 4 attempts to get it to initialize. Radio about 6 feet away both times in exact same spot. I am just afraid someday it won't initalize at all..
T Rex 600 pro Mikado Flybarless, 450 Pro Mikado Flybarless,MCX,mCPX brushless, Invertix 400, Parkzone Corsair,3D Hobby Shop AJ Slick,Funtana X100, Dynex 2.4,HK Rarebear, Habu 2, Nano CPX,ICON A5, Mako, Crac Yak,Venom FPV Hex
BPINE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Resonant frequency of the tail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbg View Post
Quote" Tail Resonance.
Upon spool up, the helicopters will experience a vibration in the tail assembly, but only during spool up. The tail is hitting a resonant frequency at a certain head speed; this is not a problem, its just something the 130 X does. The key is to quickly move through this head speed range. To avoid this issue, advance the throttle from low throttle to about 75% throttle immediately. The goal is to pop the helicopter off the ground as quickly as possible without letting it stay at the head speed that causes the resonant vibration. Once it moves past this head speed and is off the ground and in the air, the vibration will disappear. "

James, thank you for the clear and understandable explanation. When Arthur Young was designing what was to become the Bell 47 they ran into a problem that they called "2 per rev", which was basically the same thing. Once they got past this resonance the problem simply went away.

Nothing like a historical precedent.

Jake
Jake,

The tail is hitting a resonant frequency because there is TOO MUCH SLOP in the tail shaft bearings! They are of extremely cheap quality and I have replaced them with a higher quality pair and now my heli's tail no longer hits a "resonant frequency"! There is absolutely NO vibration at any point in the spool up and there shouldn't be! Horizon Hobby needs to supply higher quality ball bearings especially when it comes to the tail!

Michael
hpilotrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a link to the bearings you used?

Citlzen #006 Blade 360 CFX Goblin 500 Blade 700X
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

no. my gear is far away from the FET and it still resonates
Old 07-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpilotrc View Post
Jake,

The tail is hitting a resonant frequency because there is TOO MUCH SLOP in the tail shaft bearings! They are of extremely cheap quality and I have replaced them with a higher quality pair and now my heli's tail no longer hits a "resonant frequency"! There is absolutely NO vibration at any point in the spool up and there shouldn't be! Horizon Hobby needs to supply higher quality ball bearings especially when it comes to the tail!

Michael
I can't believe Horizon would say to run through the vibration and it is normal. I am really surprised at them for trying to convince people that is how it was designed. If any of my Miniature Aircraft Gasser heli's or my trex 450 did this and the company would say,,,,this is 'Normal" and 'no problem' then I have a big issue with them. Horizon better fess up as they are looking like snake oil salesmen. That is crap.

RR forums there was a post that they replaced their crappy chinese bearings with quality Japanese bearings with a consumer cost of 7 to 8 bucks each and it cured the problem of tail vibrations that are part of the "design"
turboomni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in