an MCPX killer? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question an MCPX killer?

Hey guys (maybe gals),

I own two MCPXs and a little hesitant to buy this heli. It seems good from the reviews and vids, but it does seem to have some issues out of the box for some people... How does it compare to the MCPX? Is it worth it to switch over to the 130x? If I do switch, I probably won't fly my helis as this will be the primary.

Thanks for your replies.
CPdiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The mcpX is king because of its durability. I saw two 130x's strip out the tail gears yesterday on easy crashes. The 130x flys better, the mcpX crashes better. Pick your heli accordingly.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Until I have more batteries, the mCP X is still viable but once that is done, I have a new consistent flyer in the 130X. I have avoided crashes so far so either way, it's a great outdoor/ large indoor area flyer in my opinion.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

+1 mcpx still is the best especially when its fully brushless like my is . That said the 130x is more stable in flight and the mcpx will make you a better pilot

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntburnett View Post
That said the 130x is more stable in flight and the mcpx will make you a better pilot
+1.

The MCP X size makes people have to perfect maneuvers, as its size is really demanding. Really low disk loading, and no float really push the user to perfect a maneuver to make it look good and lock it in.

I also doubt that the 130X is even close to any higher range BL converted MCP X currently. Just watching the 3D videos of it so far, its bogging pretty hard during hard 3D.

Sooner or later I assume the mods will catch up and we will really see what its capable of. Hopefully the TT tail can handle the power of a much larger and more powerful motor.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lets put it this way I have a really nice brushless mCPx for sale now that I have a 130. My mCPx served me well and flies great but for me hands down this is now my new real life sim.
T Rex 600 pro Mikado Flybarless, 450 Pro Mikado Flybarless,MCX,mCPX brushless, Invertix 400, Parkzone Corsair,3D Hobby Shop AJ Slick,Funtana X100, Dynex 2.4,HK Rarebear, Habu 2, Nano CPX,ICON A5, Mako, Crac Yak,Venom FPV Hex
BPINE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope!
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPINE View Post
Lets put it this way I have a really nice brushless mCPx for sale now that I have a 130. My mCPx served me well and flies great but for me hands down this is now my new real life sim.
130 can't take crashes like the mcpx can. Mcpx still will be the real life sim

Be blessed
Isaac

Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
130 can't take crashes like the mcpx can. Mcpx still will be the real life sim

Be blessed
Isaac

Maybe for you but not me it is just big enough to see a bit higher and is way more precise so for me that equals less crashes and if you are quick with the throttle hold you can limit damage. So far 3 lite crashes and no damage.

This is just my opinion and what I am going to do and why I feel that way, I mean no disrespect to your opinion.
BPINE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with the majority of the posters here. I like my 130 as best I can tell after 5 flights (extra packs due to arrive tomorrow) but am not planning on selling my brushless mCPX's anytime soon either as my HP06V2/HP03T setup's performance is at least close to the 130 (can't comment on HP08 or 915 setups as I've never put one together - the videos that I've watched probably say the 915 at least has more "smoke" than the 130). I find the 130 to a good bit more stable than the mCPX and has more than an ample amount of power but am still going to be more apt to experiment with new stuff on the mCPX as you can tell it will continue to crash better. I'm really interested to see what the market comes up with on upgrades for the 130 because I think it could really be fun with its tail design, adjustable gain availability, etc. I personally don't get people running out to get rid of their mCPX's, though.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cant comment on the 130x, or brushless mcpx as mines stock, yet but after the crashes I've put it through it will likely always be my first go to heli till I master(and judgeing by the videos on youtube I still got awhile) it before I think of selling it and only have the 130x for my smaller helis. Also unless you've mastered all orientations in circuits loops hovering, it would be stupid for someone to skip the mcpx as it can handle all of that just fine.

Although my guess is for the 130x that it will become more favored among the more advanced to 3d master pilots considering it can do more out of the box and there likely not worried about crashing.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I LOVED my BL mcpx 70-80% of the time.

The rest of the time I wanted to stamp on it, kill it with fire and smash it up lol

I sold it when i heard about the 130 as the 130 is what I always wanted my mcpx to be. A little bit bigger and a main motor driven tail.

Im going to find a flying area over some 12" + grass for when i really want to push and learn on my 130. the rest of the time it will still be flown harder than my 450 but within my limits, if i break it once a week who cares. Its will still be cheaper than the cost of fuel to get me to where ever im flying.

I sold my mcpx to a mate. they are all alittle behind me and they all want a 130 but they are weighting untill they have learnt a little more before moving up.

I could have really done with nailing inverted backward flight before selling mine.

everyone while first learning the basics, fff fbf, ivf ivb, hoving inverted ect need an mcpx in there life
Bodge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting thread. It seems that most people are comparing the 130x to a brushless mCPx and it also seems as though many are very experienced pilots so I likely have a different perspective as I'm still a newb heli pilot and my mCPx is stock (except for the extended solid tail boom).

Again - as stated, I'm pretty new to helis. I can do flips and rolls and inverted hovers but that's about it. I'm currently working on funnels, tic tocs and inverted circuits in the sim and I see the 130x as the real life transition from the sim once I feel comfortable in there.

If the 130x were never announced then I would've either upgraded my mCPx to brushless or bought one off someone. But once the 130x was announced I decided to just wait on it because I liked the slightly larger size.

The stock mCPx is great for learning basic circuits and flips and rolls but it doesn't have enough power to REALLY help someone learn this stuff - or better said, it doesn't have quite enough power to get me out of trouble when I need it. I guess my argument could go both ways but the way I see is is that I needed a little more power to cover up some of my mistakes. The 130x has this power and the stock mCPx doesn't.

I can also see the 130x better.

I also think the 130x is more stable which is a big plus for someone starting out.

So I guess the real question is - if someone were wanting to get into collective pitch helis would you point them to an mCPx or a 130x? I think I'd point them to the 130x honestly. With the mCPx they'd need to at least replace the stock tail boom and then consider upgrading to brushless. You don't have to do anything to the 130x. And they are going to be buying replacement parts for both anyway - I mean they are GOING TO CRASH regardless of which one they start with...

Just my $0.02.
turnerm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

I know im not selling my mcpx it's been good to me. hpo8 main, hpo3 on the tail flashed power house and I have the 915 for a back up. I know it is putting out more power than my 130x. 85% throttle 7300 rpms.

Be blessed
Isaac

Old 07-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know im not selling my mcpx it's been good to me. hpo8 main, hpo3 on the tail flashed power house and I have the 915 for a back up. I know it is putting out more power than my 130x. 85% throttle 7300 rpms.

Be blessed
Isaac

I see that you're in the Charlotte area... if you ever want to get together for some flying just let me know!
turnerm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

When the dust settles and the 130x 's initial problems are ironed out ,,and I'm sure they will be and then the availability of aftermarket upgrade stuff..... When this all comes together say in the fall I will likely buy one. But won't replace my bl mcpx's Actually my macpx replaced my trex 450 and I havent flown that in quite some time now.
turboomni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your replies, they were very helpful.

I can relate to Turnerm as I am also new in this hobby (basic flips, rolls and inverted hover), and I have been having a blast with my stock MCPXs (except longer tail mod).

That being said,
Some conclusions that I had made for myself are

1. 250 bucks (I live next to Ampdraw) for the 130x is a little steep because it is on par with the 450 3d pricewise, and you are getting more bang for your buck (I know, I know not flybarless) with buying a bigger and more complex heli. I guess I wanted something new that would be faster, more stable and bigger (so I could see it in the air).

2. I would not sell my MCPXs or stop using them as I have a lot of parts and batteries, which makes the process that much easier.

3. Replacing the MCPXs with the 130 is going to be a little hard with the initial "problems" the 130 is having and a parts supply shortage.

All of that being said, I just went down to Ampdraw and bought a shiny new 450x, as I see good value in the beastX unit and the heli itself. I'm sure it will give me that adrenaline rush I've been seeking. (Stopped doing crazy stuff after I got married .) .

Thanks again for supporting a newbie in the hobby.
CPdiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew a 130x today and then immediately picked one up. It's phenomenal. It took me a while to really 3D an mcpX. With the 130x I went right to it. Flies like a 450.

In fact, it flies so well, I doubt I will crash it much, which makes the lower durability compared to a MCPx less of an issue.
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I see that you're in the Charlotte area... if you ever want to get together for some flying just let me know!
Cool that will work

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Picked 103 X over mCP X v2 for first CP, and couldn't be happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Interesting thread. It seems that most people are comparing the 130x to a brushless mCPx and it also seems as though many are very experienced pilots so I likely have a different perspective as I'm still a newb heli pilot and my mCPx is stock (except for the extended solid tail boom).

Again - as stated, I'm pretty new to helis. I can do flips and rolls and inverted hovers but that's about it. I'm currently working on funnels, tic tocs and inverted circuits in the sim and I see the 130x as the real life transition from the sim once I feel comfortable in there.

If the 130x were never announced then I would've either upgraded my mCPx to brushless or bought one off someone. But once the 130x was announced I decided to just wait on it because I liked the slightly larger size.

The stock mCPx is great for learning basic circuits and flips and rolls but it doesn't have enough power to REALLY help someone learn this stuff - or better said, it doesn't have quite enough power to get me out of trouble when I need it. I guess my argument could go both ways but the way I see is is that I needed a little more power to cover up some of my mistakes. The 130x has this power and the stock mCPx doesn't.

I can also see the 130x better.

I also think the 130x is more stable which is a big plus for someone starting out.

So I guess the real question is - if someone were wanting to get into collective pitch helis would you point them to an mCPx or a 130x? I think I'd point them to the 130x honestly. With the mCPx they'd need to at least replace the stock tail boom and then consider upgrading to brushless. You don't have to do anything to the 130x. And they are going to be buying replacement parts for both anyway - I mean they are GOING TO CRASH regardless of which one they start with...

Just my $0.02.
I, too, have been flying helps for only 8 mo. (Gliders before that for some years.) After 6 mo. with an mSR; I guessed I'd prefer the larger, easier to see, and brushless 130 X; over the mCP X, as the head speed for both is higher than I want to fly in my living room.

My impression after 2 flights: 130 X was the perfect choice!, about as hard as the mSR was to fly, when I first upgraded from a Scout CX.

My $0.01 ;-)

Marc
marctrudeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.