Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yep, watched it several times ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
How did you miss that in the video? You said you watched it. It was in the front tail gear repair video at 2:30. He even said to place it on top of the metal tail drive gear and it's clearly showed in place in the video when he's snapping it in.
With the brass gear in place it seemed like the umbrella had to be forced in, and I didn't want to take a chance of breaking a tooth. When he said it snapped into place, into a "cup", I was thinking that this "cup", up in the frame, was what the top of the gear snapped into. So with no "cup" to snap into, this lead me to wonder if something was missing. Also lead lead me to wonder if this cup was missing, could this leave just enough play the top of the umbrella gear that, under stress, it could result in teeth breaking.

It does seem that some of these have more of a problem with teeth breaking or excessive wear of the umbrella gear. I've got two 130x's, and one has been eating umbrella gears, while the other one has the original in place. However, the one eating gears flew better ... until yesterday, when I replaced the two tail gears and reduced the gain on the rudder by 5 clicks.
nebeginner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #42 (permalink)
I am a Troll and a CLONE account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeginner View Post
With the brass gear in place it seemed like the umbrella had to be forced in, and I didn't want to take a chance of breaking a tooth. When he said it snapped into place, into a "cup", I was thinking that this "cup", up in the frame, was what the top of the gear snapped into. So with no "cup" to snap into, this lead me to wonder if something was missing. Also lead lead me to wonder if this cup was missing, could this leave just enough play the top of the umbrella gear that, under stress, it could result in teeth breaking.
That's why, as I said, you "mesh the teeth" first before popping it into place. If you don't then, yes, you could very easily break off or smash a tooth. If the gears are meshed, mine didn't take much force at all to rock the A gear toward the rear of the frame and get it to "snap" into the upper recess of the frames under the top bearing. I didn't do it like James did in the video where he poked a screwdriver through the top. I used a screwdriver across the top of the A gear and pulled rearward to snap it in place. Very easy.
sertav is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Even with the teeth meshed together ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
That's why, as I said, you "mesh the teeth" first before popping it into place. If you don't then, yes, you could very easily break off or smash a tooth. If the gears are meshed, mine didn't take much force at all to rock the A gear toward the rear of the frame and get it to "snap" into the upper recess of the frames under the top bearing. I didn't do it like James did in the video where he poked a screwdriver through the top. I used a screwdriver across the top of the A gear and pulled rearward to snap it in place. Very easy.
... It still seemed like I would have to force it too hard. After talking to HH, I did use the screwdriver from the top, and since they said it was OK to use a little force, I gave it a try. Sure enough, it did make a pop sound. I ended up doing this a few times, replacing the white tail gears, then replacing the plastic umbrella with the metal one. Now that I've taken this apart, as well as the tail assembly, I've got this down. All part of learning how to maintain these things.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #44 (permalink)

but you need to "sppool" it up fast. USER error for, trashing tail parts.
03Bugeye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not the ones that are flipping over on the ground ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Bugeye View Post
but you need to "sppool" it up fast. USER error for, trashing tail parts.
... and doing this left drift when in the air. I've got one of these, and the slightest throttle and it flips over on the ground. Fast spool up and it's a chicken dance on the ground, or a pop up and out of control.

On these, at least mine, you have to spool up slowly, like an Mcpx, making corrections while the gear is still on the ground, then popping up once you know where it's wanting to go. I start with a correction to the right as I spool up, to off set the left flip that is inevitable. Then it starts to fight me, wanting to flip forward, right, back, etc. Once I know where it's gonna go crazy on me, I can compensate and pop it up. I can recover it, but it needs room. Then it settles down to just a left and slightly backwards drift, and the clockwise gradual spin on the axis.

I've thought i've had mine fixed several times, but the next flight it's back to behaving like an msrx.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeginner View Post
... and doing this left drift when in the air. I've got one of these, and the slightest throttle and it flips over on the ground. Fast spool up and it's a chicken dance on the ground, or a pop up and out of control.

On these, at least mine, you have to spool up slowly, like an Mcpx, making corrections while the gear is still on the ground, then popping up once you know where it's wanting to go. I start with a correction to the right as I spool up, to off set the left flip that is inevitable. Then it starts to fight me, wanting to flip forward, right, back, etc. Once I know where it's gonna go crazy on me, I can compensate and pop it up. I can recover it, but it needs room. Then it settles down to just a left and slightly backwards drift, and the clockwise gradual spin on the axis.

I've thought i've had mine fixed several times, but the next flight it's back to behaving like an msrx.
My mcpx would act like that if it had a cracked main shaft or tail boom.

Easy way to check is to hold the main gear and gently try to turn the blades, if the shaft fells springy then it's cracked, same thing if you twist the boom and it feels springy it's cracked.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got some help today ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
My mcpx would act like that if it had a cracked main shaft or tail boom.

Easy way to check is to hold the main gear and gently try to turn the blades, if the shaft fells springy then it's cracked, same thing if you twist the boom and it feels springy it's cracked.
Went to my LHS, which has been a very helpful place. Never thought to use trim, always thought that was for fixed pitch. I played with sub trim, gain, leveling swash, linkages, gears, etc. All it took was a little trim by the owner of the LHS, and it flew like a champ. Guess that's why it's a hobby, got to learn by asking, reading, and tinkering.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fixed stuck tail rotor at high speed

thanks for posting these video i actually fixed my vibration/tail rotor problem by dissasembling the rear part, i suspec the tail boom had moved somehow with all the vibration, the read gear attached to the rod wasn't locking into place and slipping because the shaft had moved.

i disassembled everything including the boom, and replaced everything. no more vibration and the heli fly's great!

now if i can just fly strait hehe
Stephane1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane1 View Post
thanks for posting these video i actually fixed my vibration/tail rotor problem by dissasembling the rear part, i suspec the tail boom had moved somehow with all the vibration, the read gear attached to the rod wasn't locking into place and slipping because the shaft had moved.

i disassembled everything including the boom, and replaced everything. no more vibration and the heli fly's great!

now if i can just fly strait hehe
A little hot glue on the tail box keeps it from backing off the boom, and it's removable if need be.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank's Brian for posting these repair video's! They have really helped me out. I am new to R/C Heli's and have been flying for about 3 months. The Blade 130X is a great Helicopter.
Frankel is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankel View Post
Thank's Brian for posting these repair video's! They have really helped me out. I am new to R/C Heli's and have been flying for about 3 months. The Blade 130X is a great Helicopter.
Glad you're enjoying your Blade 130x. It's still my "go to" heli for catching a flight at lunch or before work
Old 09-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brian, kinda off topic, but are you aloud to say if there is going to be a "Version 2" 130X?
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey is there a diagram of which servo goes to which connector on the board?
Don't see it in the manual, and have been uselessly searching Google.
This thread would be a great place to have it.
chuck-o is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never mind, figured it out.
Ya ever leave something in a certain place in a certain order and come back to find it shoved in a pile?
Note to self, numbered squares of masking tape.
chuck-o is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A few questions for James Haley (Blade Development Team)

Hello James Haley (Blade Product Development Team),

Are you still claiming this tail resonance issue is normal? Because if you are, you are incorrect. We all know this ridiculous level of vibration on spool up is NOT normal. I guess Blade's definition of "normal" is crappy, sloppy and ready to explode--got it.

C'mon James, don't insult your customers by making completely false statements. There are too many experienced RC heli pilots on here to buy what you're telling us.

What I'd like to know is what you, the Blade team and HH are doing to correct all these problems with the 130X? Crooked tail shafts? REALLY James? How can you allow this kind of terrible QC in the manufacturing process? All your great engineering goes right out the window, when they can't manufacture the heli with quality.

So I guess you Blade guys didn't notice all these problems prior to release??? All of the 130's you tested out of the box didn't demonstrate all the problems we are dealing with? Nobody said, "Hey, this thing needs more work before we release it".

I suppose nothing will change (like the mCPX) until "VER 2" of this helicopter comes out. How about fixing Version 1 for us James? So we don't have to spend money on aftermarket parts just to make it run & fly like it should.

Here's an idea:

How about HH sending 130X owners a "quality, inspected and tested FULL tail assembly?

The real shame is that all of the hard work & engineering you guys put into this potentially great little bird is scarred by ignoring these obvious problems, and letting them get released to your customers. It makes you and the Product Development Team look like you don't know what you're doing. How can your development team be proud of a product with so many flaws?

You should acknowledge to your customers that this is NOT "NORMAL", and get to work on correcting the problem, and getting the FIXED parts out to your customers upon request.

You're lucky that your customers are willing to correct manufacturing mistakes on your out of the box Beta micro helis. I think they should all be demanding they money back instead of trying to fix a brand new product.
northernsky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post

Are you still claiming this tail resonance issue is normal? Because if you are, you are incorrect. We all know this ridiculous level of vibration on spool up is NOT normal. I guess Blade's definition of "normal" is crappy, sloppy and ready to explode--got it.

C'mon James, don't insult your customers by making completely false statements. There are too many experienced RC heli pilots on here to buy what you're telling us.

What I'd like to know is what you, the Blade team and HH are doing to correct all these problems with the 130X? Crooked tail shafts? REALLY James? How can you allow this kind of terrible QC in the manufacturing process? All your great engineering goes right out the window, when they can't manufacture the heli with quality.

So I guess you Blade guys didn't notice all these problems prior to release??? All of the 130's you tested out of the box didn't demonstrate all the problems we are dealing with? Nobody said, "Hey, this thing needs more work before we release it".

I suppose nothing will change (like the mCPX) until "VER 2" of this helicopter comes out. How about fixing Version 1 for us James? So we don't have to spend money on aftermarket parts just to make it run & fly like it should.

Here's an idea:

How about HH sending 130X owners a "quality, inspected and tested FULL tail assembly?

The real shame is that all of the hard work & engineering you guys put into this potentially great little bird is scarred by ignoring these obvious problems, and letting them get released to your customers. It makes you and the Product Development Team look like you don't know what you're doing. How can your development team be proud of a product with so many flaws?

You should acknowledge to your customers that this is NOT "NORMAL", and get to work on correcting the problem, and getting the FIXED parts out to your customers upon request.

You're lucky that your customers are willing to correct manufacturing mistakes on your out of the box Beta micro helis. I think they should all be demanding they money back instead of trying to fix a brand new product.
+1
After installing microheli box, tail shaft, & blade grips, and Rakonheli pitch slider I can finally spool up without vibration.
Jonsgoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Call product support. They are there to help you as always. They have the tools (and the access to the right screens on the computer!)

Horizon Hobby is well known for taking care of customers.

David
I have sent HH an email about my new 130x tail from my first flight it never been any good but no reply yet what dose one do if he live in Australia please...?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post

Here's an idea:

Exactly right!....HH will be loosing me unless they sort my 130x tail out....disgraceful.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome HH thanks again for nothing.......

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department.
*Please do not respond to this email* This email address is not monitored. Please use the link below.

Below is a write up directly from the product developer regarding the Blade 130X and tail vibrations. If you're having excessive tail vibrations, check to make sure none of the bearings have excessive slop, replace any that do.

Tail Resonance
Upon spool up, the helicopters will experience a vibration in the tail assembly, but only during spool up. The tail is hitting a resonant frequency at a certain head speed; this is not a problem, its just something the 130 X does. The key is to quickly move through this head speed range. To avoid this issue, advance the throttle from low throttle to about 75% throttle immediately. The goal is to pop the helicopter off the ground as quickly as possible without letting it stay at the head speed that causes the resonant vibration. Once it moves past this head speed and is off the ground and in the air, the vibration will disappear.
Tail resonance can also occur when holding the helicopter and spooling it up. Helicopters are not designed to be held static when the rotors are turning, and Horizon Hobby does not support or recommend doing this!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail gear movement.

Had anyone noticed that the tail gears does not move parallel to tail case bearing? Are yours 130x's tail gears moving like a flat tire? I can see that the big tail gear, sometimes called C gear, is pushing back and forth the little gear (or D gear) that also move bad "per se".
I got 3 sets of new gears (12 gears) and are as bad as the one installed on the heli.
This back and forth movement is pushing the flanged bearings in a radial way and this bearings are not intended for that, wearing them faster than normal, and is not a "new" that this bearings are poor quality.
So, is the manufacturer taking this gears out of the mold without letting them rest and cold down first to avoid deformation? who knows; or the gears with bad molded hole, hole not perpendicular to the gear? who knows....but with gears moving that way, the tail shaft will move that way either and while bearings wearing down adding bigger play in the flanged bearings the shaft will move in a conical way and not perfect at the axel.
A. Iosue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in