Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default mCX3

Hey guys.

I've been keeping an eye out for a new co-ax bird, but it has been quiet about new co-ax's from Blade for a while.

Does anybody know if they're working on a mCX3 for example?

And am I the only one that would love having one? Also, I'd love if it was flybarless!
I think co-ax's look awesome flybarless. I've never flown one though.

Cheers!
Stravincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anybody?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The non coaxs fbl models fly just as stable and have a ton more power.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

With FBL tech getting so accessible, I think blade won't be focussing on co-ax helis any time soon. Maybe if they were to build a real Sikorsky x2 style heli, but there's not much point improving the mcx anymore I think. To make it flybarless would mean they need a swash plate at the upper blades, that's just too much complication for little to no gain in a heli price range that people who buy co-axs would pay for.
200QX - Bone Stock
Naito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedsprint View Post
The non coaxs fbl models fly just as stable and have a ton more power.
You mean the msr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naito View Post
With FBL tech getting so accessible, I think blade won't be focussing on co-ax helis any time soon. Maybe if they were to build a real Sikorsky x2 style heli, but there's not much point improving the mcx anymore I think. To make it flybarless would mean they need a swash plate at the upper blades, that's just too much complication for little to no gain in a heli price range that people who buy co-axs would pay for.
I doubt there isn't anything to improve about the mCX2, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to make an improved one.
Bigger birds don't necessarily sell better then the little ones either.

Ok, maybe asking for flybarless is too much to ask for though. I just like the thought of it.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What would you improve with the mCX2? I agree I like small helis, they're much more "accessible" to fly, you don't have to go to dedicated fields or large spaces to fly them, but there's only so much you can do with a co-ax.

mCX2 already has quite a lot of lift, if you want more you'd likely have to make it bigger to make the motors fit. Brushless?? Not in the price range for people who want to buy co-axs.

There are so many co-ax helis out already from little radio shack models and other "toy" stores, it'd be really hard for Blade to come out with a product that would differentiate themselves and convince people it's worth the price.

I do agree they need a more beginner friendly heli, one that will allow you to keep the co-ax "panic and freeze" reflex where you let go of the controls and the heli settles itself, but I don't think the way to do it is with another co-ax. Maybe if they could refine Walkera's 6-axis stabilization stuff so that it actually worked, I think that would be more popular and worth the development time and price difference. Otherwise, people would probably just buy the radio shack toys.
200QX - Bone Stock
Naito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naito View Post
What would you improve with the mCX2? I agree I like small helis, they're much more "accessible" to fly, you don't have to go to dedicated fields or large spaces to fly them, but there's only so much you can do with a co-ax.

mCX2 already has quite a lot of lift, if you want more you'd likely have to make it bigger to make the motors fit. Brushless?? Not in the price range for people who want to buy co-axs.

There are so many co-ax helis out already from little radio shack models and other "toy" stores, it'd be really hard for Blade to come out with a product that would differentiate themselves and convince people it's worth the price.

I do agree they need a more beginner friendly heli, one that will allow you to keep the co-ax "panic and freeze" reflex where you let go of the controls and the heli settles itself, but I don't think the way to do it is with another co-ax. Maybe if they could refine Walkera's 6-axis stabilization stuff so that it actually worked, I think that would be more popular and worth the development time and price difference. Otherwise, people would probably just buy the radio shack toys.
What do I want to improve? I'm not sure actually anymore lol.. I was just thinking that technology is always improving, so I thought they could make it all-around better. Longer flight times on the same lipo, less weight, stuff like that for example.

I want one for some relaxed indoors flights in the house.

Oh and I think you're right going brushless would be too expensive for most people, but I do know I would totally buy one. Maybe it's not even that crazy of an idea to make the next one (if there is going to be a next one) brushless.

Well, I guess time will tell on what they'll do, but if anybody out there has (inside) information about this, please tell me.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stravincy View Post
You mean the msr?
I think he probably means the mCP X and like.

Some ideas:
1) Walkera* have an FBL FP coax.

2) Sometime back they announced a circa 250 size FBL cp coax.. X2 I think they called it. I think the rotor head was possibly too complex to mass produce... so... vapourware for now. I have not found it on sale anywheres yet.

3) luvmyhelis modded a coax to brushless. Some other guys did it too I think. Might be threads on rcgroups, or pm luvmyhelis - he's a good man.

*...als je een walkera heli durft kopen!

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
I think he probably means the mCP X and like.

Some ideas:
1) Walkera* have an FBL FP coax.

2) Sometime back they announced a circa 250 size FBL cp coax.. X2 I think they called it. I think the rotor head was possibly too complex to mass produce... so... vapourware for now. I have not found it on sale anywheres yet.

3) luvmyhelis modded a coax to brushless. Some other guys did it too I think. Might be threads on rcgroups, or pm luvmyhelis - he's a good man.

*...als je een walkera heli durft kopen!
I haven't heard many good things about Walkera, so I don't know if I would go the Walkera way.
I'm not very good with modding, so I don't think that's for me either.
I'm going to do some googling on those Walkeras though.

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got to admit this is beautiful, but can you imagine fixing it?

That's why I'm not surprised it's not on sale yet - I have heard of this since last year at least. I am still quite interested to see what a great pilot can do with it. I dunno now can it fly inverted for one.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Got to admit this is beautiful, but can you imagine fixing it?

That's why I'm not surprised it's not on sale yet - I have heard of this since last year at least. I am still quite interested to see what a great pilot can do with it. I dunno now can it fly inverted for one.
I have to say that it looks interesting yeah, but fixing it would be hell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in