Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Can I put an SR Huey fuse on my SR w/belt tail?

First off, will the Huey fuse go on a stock SR? Mine has the belt tail conversion but I'm thinking that if I just cut off the rear of the huey tail and somehow cut a hole for my tail servo that this might be possible. Have any of you tried this? My reasoning behind this project is that ever since I have progressed to flying my mcpX and 450 a lot, I have lost interest in my SR. So my plan for it now is to make it a scale flyer and put some lights on it. All input is appreciated including other scale body ideas for it.

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the raised tail rotor area on the Huey you might need to do some modifications to it. I think you might want to try a different body from Darthdrk or someone like that with a straight run boom to keep from having to modify the belt driver further.

I just installed the belt conversion myself on my SR and it is nice but I think it would be a bit of a stretch to get the unit converted into a raised tail unit.

Interesting question though...

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I'm not interested in making it into the raised tail. Probably be too difficult for what I'm gonna use it for. I was just gonna cut the rear of the tail off of the fuse. Also cut a hole in the tail section for the tail servo. I was mainly wanting to know if the huey fuse would go on a stock SR. Thanks for the input!

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The SR Huey body does fit the stock SR. Just that the tail rotor blades are run on the opposite side of the fuse. Hope that helps.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. I was looking at the SR Huey parts list and the landing gear looks a little different. I was gonna order the body from www.ampdraw.com but they list it as backordered. Oh well, I'm in no hurry.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Huey IS and SR. THey are one in the same. Only difference is the landing gear and the tail rotor is raised and flipped on the huey. Huey=SR & SR=Huey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in