wow unbelievable - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wow unbelievable

Well like many other my 130x had many issues out of the box. From the constant wobbles and vibrations to incorrectly adjusted torque tube gears and so on. I went thru my whole helicopter replacing the common things people suggest such as orings on the swash, boca bearings, microheli pitch slider, adding an extra support for the pushrod, balancing the blades and so on. THE THING FLEW AWESOME!!!! if only this thing would stay together just went out and had my third blade grip eject
This thing has become an extreme money pit. Its rather frustrating that stuff like this happens in flight on a bird with one minor crash over grass due to torque tube gears rounding out in flight

just felt the need to rant, undecided on what im going to do at this point really contemplating parting with it. Hate to do that the bird flies beautifully when it flies more fun than any of my 450s or 250s for me. However this thing is nickel and diming me to death.
matt1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel your pain and I agree.....Just had a swashplate bearing separate after I thought I had most of the other stuff sorted out kinda. Still getting tail blowouts, but swashplate bearing pulled out while doing tic tocs and the heli just tumbled to the ground. One broken blade grip and dinged tailblades. I'm thinking about dumping mine too....in the trash! Not even worth selling it to someone who's gonna deal with the same issues along with new spare parts.
wkma7six is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkma7six View Post
I feel your pain and I agree.....Just had a swashplate bearing separate after I thought I had most of the other stuff sorted out kinda. Still getting tail blowouts, but swashplate bearing pulled out while doing tic tocs and the heli just tumbled to the ground. One broken blade grip and dinged tailblades. I'm thinking about dumping mine too....in the trash! Not even worth selling it to someone who's gonna deal with the same issues along with new spare parts.
I'll take it.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's why I have not got one yet, everyone on here says when it flys good it's a blast but sounds like every is spending a lot of time on this bird to get it right. I will wait until they get the bugs worked out before I get one. Looks like a great bird when it's flying good.

I am still a build them from the ground up heli dude like the t-Rex 250,450. Don't get me wrong blade helicopters are a blast I fly the crap out of my mcpx and its taught me to be a better pilot but I have put so much time in getting it to fly good I just don't feel like starting over on the 130x right now being the guinea pig. I put more time in that mcpx to get it to fly right then I ever did my 450 or 250.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll take it and pay postage.

Arthur

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Arthure is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkma7six View Post
Atleast if you keep it and don't fly it you know that HH won't make more money in parts sales. Selling it is only making HH rich.
I won't sell mine but I am going to park it until a solution is found for all the tail problems. HH and E-flight just lost a lot of points with me.
I knew I would be a beta tester but I didn't think it would be this bad.
After the first few flights with mine I told all my buddies to buy one. Now I look like an A$$. If your one of the ones thinking of buying one, wait. It will only frustrate you and empty your wallet. I figure I got as much into this thing (with spares) as my Trex 500.
dhc8guru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the parts for this POS is extremely expensive compared to stuff I'm buying for my 450 class heli's. This is parts accumulation for a new Mini Protos and a TREX 450 3GX! I'm spending more on silly parts that just fail, not due to a crashing! Maybe I will just ground it for awhile. It does fly great for about 20 batt packs and then it's done...Very short life, but was a lot of fun only in the beginning.

I would honestly recommend waiting for those who are on the fence about buying this heli. My mCPX has had well over 2000 flights and never had this type of frustration with stuff failing prematurely. The 130x is completely not worth the price HH is demanding for this thing. 280 for basic heli and then an additional $100 for "REQUIRED" replacement parts. That is close to the price of what I paid for a TREX 250 DFC with a 3GX FBL unit new!!!
wkma7six is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I seen my LHS had a new 130x, so had to look... Does look awesome altho the tt gears just seem so tiny and fragile. Id have bought it but id like to fly it more then fix it...
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

People need to start spamming horizons FB page with their issues on this heli. Enough bad "real" stories and theyll be forced to actually change it!!
Western Robotics RC,
Youth Generation Electronics

OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

149 flights as of today, sure have had some issues, but nothing a little experience can't take care of. I'll be out getting another 150 flights in while you guys watch yours collect dust on the shelf. And BTW, my tail has been flawless lately. Took a while to get it there, but it's been great. This heli is not for the impatient.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
Well like many other my 130x had many issues out of the box. From the constant wobbles and vibrations to incorrectly adjusted torque tube gears and so on. I went thru my whole helicopter replacing the common things people suggest such as orings on the swash, boca bearings, microheli pitch slider, adding an extra support for the pushrod, balancing the blades and so on. THE THING FLEW AWESOME!!!! if only this thing would stay together just went out and had my third blade grip eject
This thing has become an extreme money pit. Its rather frustrating that stuff like this happens in flight on a bird with one minor crash over grass due to torque tube gears rounding out in flight

just felt the need to rant, undecided on what im going to do at this point really contemplating parting with it. Hate to do that the bird flies beautifully when it flies more fun than any of my 450s or 250s for me. However this thing is nickel and diming me to death.
Looks like you didn't read my check list https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=434588

Only time i had tail gears to round was from crashing they will round from that a pressed to tight against the other gear. But if you don't want it I will take.
I almost have 150 im 5 off

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

85+ flights on my first one and 30+ on my second one and had to do very minimal work on them. I have lost a few gears along the way but every situation was my own fault. I've been impressed with these and they need to be 100% right in the tail department to work as advertised. I love the fact that I can come home from work now and actually work on some 3D moves right in front of my house. My brushless mCP-X is OK but the tail on this thing makes me feel like I'm flying my bigger birds.....It just feels right if you know what I mean....
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is not true i completely disassembled mine after the first torque tube gear issues
matt1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

To anyone having major problems with this heli you need to back up your bet and double down. Get another one! I remember my first MCPx when it was beyond repair i went and got another one and used the original fro spares, kept flying! As fro my 130x I have hundreds of flights on it and have learned a lot about what to do after a crash to check it over and get it back in the air. Good luck
jelloman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have terrible tail vibes...changed tail bearings to good bearings, balanced, changed torque tube, boom, blades, tail pitch slider, gears, metal gear, and made sure mesh was good,,,,changed tail servo, and still bad vibes and weird noise in tail. Holds up great in punches and 3D, but the noise and little vibration is driving me nuts. I have worked on it all day, and I can't pin point what is causing it. I have so many darn parts, that it doesn't make a difference. Any suggestions? I even changed out the tail shaft thinking it was bent. I haven't changed main spindle shaft because without blades, it still does the funny noise and vibrations...Yes I have the grommet mod, etc. I am frustrated because it was fine for over 25 flights until I dumbed it and stripped a gear. Now I can't get it right and it is driving me nuts.

J
Jabsten is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloman View Post
To anyone having major problems with this heli you need to back up your bet and double down. Get another one! I remember my first MCPx when it was beyond repair i went and got another one and used the original fro spares, kept flying! As fro my 130x I have hundreds of flights on it and have learned a lot about what to do after a crash to check it over and get it back in the air. Good luck
Mine was vibrating like crazy and tail wagging. Now its smooth and tight. Oiled all the bearings, greased the shaft, out 70 Silicone o-rings on every ball joint on the tail I could get one on and out a second boom support to give the tail servo link more support. I know you said you did the grommet mod, just wondering exactly what you used and where. Good luck.
atv223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by atv223 View Post
Mine was vibrating like crazy and tail wagging. Now its smooth and tight. Oiled all the bearings, greased the shaft, out 70 Silicone o-rings on every ball joint on the tail I could get one on and out a second boom support to give the tail servo link more support. I know you said you did the grommet mod, just wondering exactly what you used and where. Good luck.
Did similar stuff to mine and it is running great! I fly it all the time now with no issues.
laez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default The journey lols

I did half grommets on swash and full on main grips. I did the second servo push rod section, and used walkera 4G6 flange, and boca for rear tail. I noticed that a brand new tail pitch holder had holes that were too small for the pin...I put back in my other one, and most vibes are gone. Still making weird sound though. I love this heli, and am awaiting 300x monday, and second 130 next week. I have flown almost 10 to 20 flights a day. My brushless mcp x and stock mcp x has been shelved. My fiance is mad at me calliing me OCD. I have a 3 month old daughter, and I still get to play. I am a stay at home dad for now, and it is not easy. Not only does some of her family think a man should work, caring for her is very tedious at times full time. Anyway, the tail is weak we all know. My metal gear is holding up strong of course with the B gear. I got in the green/yellow 300x canopy from Phil's Hobbyshop, and it was dented. Going to send it back this week. This is before I even have the 300x lol. It is thinner than the 130x canopy which I found weak, but I can't wait to fly it

J
Jabsten is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabsten View Post
I have terrible tail vibes...changed tail bearings to good bearings, balanced, changed torque tube, boom, blades, tail pitch slider, gears, metal gear, and made sure mesh was good,,,,changed tail servo, and still bad vibes and weird noise in tail. Holds up great in punches and 3D, but the noise and little vibration is driving me nuts. I have worked on it all day, and I can't pin point what is causing it. I have so many darn parts, that it doesn't make a difference. Any suggestions? I even changed out the tail shaft thinking it was bent. I haven't changed main spindle shaft because without blades, it still does the funny noise and vibrations...Yes I have the grommet mod, etc. I am frustrated because it was fine for over 25 flights until I dumbed it and stripped a gear. Now I can't get it right and it is driving me nuts.

J
Turn down tail gain?
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, so I am one of those people that hasn't had any issues(other then the crazy tail vibrations and vibrations from spooling up) I love this Heli! I knew what I was getting myself into and understand that problems is just the name of the game when it comes to this hobby. What I want to know is what is working and what is not.
Cause I have read a lot of forums and I am having trouble understanding what I should do first and what is the trusted place to get it?
R2Destroyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.