Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #461 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys I want to make sure that I'm heading in the right direction with a small issue. I've noticed that in IU1 & 2 whenever I do a full rudder input the heli comes around fine and as it stops suddenly it snaps back and forth just a little. It's like a little bounce back and forth, albeit very slight. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a tail gain adjustment but I wanted to make sure before I go jacking around with something that doesn't need playing with. Any suggestions?
shaun.evans09 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #462 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got mine all assembled and ready for a flight... now if only the wind would go away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153359.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	508138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153406.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	508139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153419.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	508140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153559.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	508141  
zortness is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #463 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun.evans09 View Post
Hey guys I want to make sure that I'm heading in the right direction with a small issue. I've noticed that in IU1 & 2 whenever I do a full rudder input the heli comes around fine and as it stops suddenly it snaps back and forth just a little. It's like a little bounce back and forth, albeit very slight. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a tail gain adjustment but I wanted to make sure before I go jacking around with something that doesn't need playing with. Any suggestions?
Mind you, I don't know IKon FBL systems, but it sounds to me like the stops are a tad too high. Stop are different from overall gain. Try lowering stops in small amounts and see what happens.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #464 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
Got mine all assembled and ready for a flight... now if only the wind would go away.
Outstanding looking helicopter, Zortness! Congratulations! It's really windy here, too. Beautiful day otherwise. We can't wait to hear about your maiden flight!

Scott

Old 05-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #465 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
Mind you, I don't know IKon FBL systems, but it sounds to me like the stops are a tad too high. Stop are different from overall gain. Try lowering stops in small amounts and see what happens.

Scott
Actually that's what I've come to while doing some reading. In the Ikon I believe it is referred to as tail asymmetry and includes the stop ratios so I'll play with those and see if I can't get it ironed out. It's only present on hard piro's under full deflection and it's a slight return bounce, like it's hunting a bit. I'll hook up the Ikon later on and take a look at the settings.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #466 (permalink)
Registered Users

I posted this elsewhere already but I'm so excited I'll post it here too. I've been busy building my G700C and haven't put a lot of flights on the Rush in the past week but I was able to iron out the issue I was having with the tail bouncing back a bit. After adjusting the D & I gains and tail assymetry advanced settings in the Ikon a bit it stops perfectly now during all flight modes. The slight "hunting" or bounce back I had when stopping on hard piros is a thing of the past. It's sharp and crisp now on the stops so thanks everyone for getting me pointed in the right direction.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #467 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.

Scott

Old 06-06-2014, 03:08 AM   #468 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: Rush 750 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
It's hard to see in the pictures, but it looks like the motor cables are a bit exposed to the top carbon fiber plate. I would put some velcro or fuel tubing on the edges of the top plate so the wires don't wear out.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #469 (permalink)
Registered Users

The edges of the carbon are sanded smooth, so there's not much danger of the wires being damaged. I do have them velcro'd down at the moment though.
zortness is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #470 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun.evans09 View Post
Actually that's what I've come to while doing some reading. In the Ikon I believe it is referred to as tail asymmetry and includes the stop ratios so I'll play with those and see if I can't get it ironed out. It's only present on hard piro's under full deflection and it's a slight return bounce, like it's hunting a bit. I'll hook up the Ikon later on and take a look at the settings.
I just recently bought an Ikon to get familiar with the system since its so popular. The value you are looking for is D Gain or Derivative Gain in the Advanced options. Here is also a link to all the advanced info on the Ikon and how to adjust for a clean tail.

http://67.228.244.248/showthread.php?t=443625

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #471 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post
I just recently bought an Ikon to get familiar with the system since its so popular. The value you are looking for is D Gain or Derivative Gain in the Advanced options. Here is also a link to all the advanced info on the Ikon and how to adjust for a clean tail.

Excellent thread on getting the tail dialed in on the Brain/Ikon. My tail barks a little bit on counterclockwise piro stops, but it doesn't bounce. I need to dial the bark out, but it is flying so good, I didn't want to mess with it.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #472 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post

Thank you for the info. I forgot to update this thread, but I've already gotten the issue worked out. I don't have any issues with the tail authority now. Mine also had a little bark on piro's which I got ironed out. It took some minor corrections with the D & I gains and the tail asymmetry to get everything the way I want it to be.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #473 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seems to be a major issue with the Ikon. I have some wiggly / barking / loose, tail issues with my Goblin 500 and Ikon combo. Its just a different mindset coming from the SK540. Leading class for tail gyro but you have to set up the cyclic, Ikon is the opposite, cyclic was good but tail needed work.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in