Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Slow rudder servo

I've got a Belt CPV2 that until a minor crash worked fine. The problem now is that the rudder servo (Futaba S9254 working with GY401) is really slow. It hardly doesn't lock the heli at all in HH after moving the rudder stick and when I troubleshoot the servo moves really slow in both directions. I've tried connecting two other servos to the gyro but with the same result. I've also tried replacing the GY401 with a GP780 but the result is still the same.

Anyone who can help me?
I have no idea what this could be!
jerka.backbeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe you've bent the tail rotor shaft just enough to cause the tail slider grief?
wocka_wocka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've tried disconnecting the tail linkage rod from the servo and the issue still remains so a bent tail shaft can't be the issue.
jerka.backbeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep in mind, when the heli is sitting on the ground (in other words, not flying), the tail servo is *not* going to do what you expect when the gyro is in HH mode. Put the gyro in rate mode to see if the rudder stick on the Tx is doing the right thing to the servo and if the servo acts as it should. You can also manually swing the heli tail left and right to see if the gyro is doing the right thing. On the ground, in HH mode, the servo will tend to creep to one end or the other and pretty much ignore your stick commands. You could also just plug the servo into the receiver directly, bypassing the gyro to see if the servo is doing the right thing.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
401, gyro, rudder, servo, slow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in