Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1crochip View Post
No prob. What's more, I've found that the heli flies its all-around best without any mix or rates once you get used to it. I do, however, like to add some negative expo and change the throttle curve to make it feel more like CP.

p.s. My use of "rube" here is meant to be a term of endearment, so... sorry.

I find it to be FAR more agile with no mixes and a little negative expo. So I agree with you there, once you're used to it it'll COOK with no mixes.

I do however really enjoy these settings for fast circuits, relaxed flying, and BIG hammer turns.

Just like anything else it really depends what type of flying you wanna do I guess.

I'm gonna apologize for jumping on ya, I've never heard "rube" used with any kind of good connotations but I'll take your word for it.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I tried the mix settings and like the way it flys way better now. I had gotten used to flying it without mixing and got pritty good at it, but with mixing it's a lot easier to fly.
Dumb Thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

i find it better without mixes. i dont use mixes with the mcpx either so i dont see any reason to with the msrx. better to learn to fly it yourself imo.
boofy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm also in the "no need for mixes" camp. However, for someone first learning to fly the MSRX, anything that helps them get over the initial hurdle of learning to turn without crashing is good in my book!
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofy View Post
i find it better without mixes. i dont use mixes with the mcpx either so i dont see any reason to with the msrx. better to learn to fly it yourself imo.

Well the swash resetting quirk that the mCP X doesn't have is the main reason I say the mSR X can benefit from mixing but I too leave my mixes on the mCP X alone.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a DX8 now. The Mix menu is different from the DX61. Can someone tell me what values go where?
seldredg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

On a sidenote, as most know, the DX6i only allows 125% travel adjustment. Well, here's a way to get 150% rudder travel with a DX6i. I did not come up with this on my own, and unfortunately I forget where I read about it, so I can't give credit where it is due.

Set up a mix as follows:
(with rudder travel already ay 125%)

RUDD to RUDD ACT
RATE: L +50% R +50%
SW: User choice TRIM: INH

Check your Monitor screen, rudder travel will go to 150%.

This helps a lot with the MSRX's slow piro rate, but it can get "wanky" a lot quicker too. Obviously, this will work with any bird, not just the MSRX.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldredg View Post
I have a DX8 now. The Mix menu is different from the DX61. Can someone tell me what values go where?
Same here, i need those for Mx8
plemay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dx6i settings

hi ive stumbled across this thread and im wondering as i am just start to learn to fly rc helis ive bought the MSR x bnf with the dx6i tx should i try these settings or will they make it harder for a beginer ?
hunterfett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterfett View Post
hi ive stumbled across this thread and im wondering as i am just start to learn to fly rc helis ive bought the MSR x bnf with the dx6i tx should i try these settings or will they make it harder for a beginer ?

I'm in this boat too.

What would be some good settings for a beginner, indoor flight, just to get used to hovering?
Pig1835 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off, set up your swash (mm mod).

Then use the settings posted by kfrisbee. They are good to go. You can tweek them later.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=393998
Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just put those settings in my MSRX.today in my dx6I,and imeaditely found the heli more stable than rtf xmtr.thank you very much .paul sr 2
Paul fowler sr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Needs 125% travel ail/ele...I did a loop today with my msr x
Iamthelsd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sorta did a loop in my garage with my mSR X only wasn't meaning to just then, It runs out a bank shot off the bench, the wall light, ceiling a big box and then a slight glance off the floor ends up being a loop.
I fly my mSR X in the garage mainly so would like to get it settled down for poo-pooing around there. I have a 120 SR and a 300 X for outdoors so want to dedicate the little guy for indoors. I just printed out some settings I saw from a little earlier in this thread but if anyone has a DX6I setup for indoors I'd like to hear about it!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
http://ganninger.de/DX6i-mSRX.pdf

I can't take ANY credit for them other than typing the right thing into google. Not sure who came up with this but my hats off!! It's flying better and more well behaved than EVER before. It literally piro's like an mCP X now! My heli already had a near perfect MM mod done but the mixes on this setup make it AWESOME!

Keep in mind I'm BL with a 13,500KV HP03S. Can't comment for sure on how it'll work with a stock motr but it's well worth a try trust me!
These settings really got my bird more under control.. Left turns are still tricky but with some right cylic to compensate it's all good. Thanks!
J.Ho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just read this whole thread and the thought occurred to me that maybe the reason burnoutboy finds the stock radio quicker is because the sticks are shorter?

Thanx for the info, I'm gonna try this out on msrx number seven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ho View Post
These settings really got my bird more under control.. Left turns are still tricky but with some right cylic to compensate it's all good. Thanks!
It took me about 2 or 300 flites to figure out that u have to bank right to turn left.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke_ View Post
It took me about 2 or 300 flites to figure out that u have to bank right to turn left.
Indeed, the MSRX is a "special" bird...
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX7 settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by plemay View Post
Same here, i need those for Mx8
Same here, but I need them for a DX7.
ChrisLevo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheli1201 View Post
does anyone have the those mix settings for dx9 or similar radio where the mixes are set up using 7 point curve? I am not sure how to set up the dx6i mix settings on my dx9
+1...any and all help would be greatly appreciated. The DX9 menus are much different. Thanks in advance!

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same thing here. Can somebody, once and for all, tell me how to setup the mixes in a DX8? The DX8 manual is lousy, and this:

RUDD ELEV ACT
Rate D-35% U-25%

...tells me absolutely nothing.

I also wonder about this: If I have a Mix1 and Mix2, and swicthes as INH, does this mean both Mixes will be active all the time?

PS: A good start is to use the DX8/DX9 Monitior screen while throwing the sticks around. It will make you understand. I hammered in a satisfying Mix1 that way.

Last edited by Helicrush; 08-03-2014 at 04:20 AM..
Helicrush is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in