Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli/Gimbal rx and tx

Hello all,

I'm almost complete with my logo se and Photoship one 3xpro build. I have been flying with the gimgal static for testing. And am now ready to set up the gimbal stabilization and control. I have a hoverflyGimbal card. I was always planning on using my JR 11X and 921 rx for the ship. My older JR 9303 with spectrum 7100 rx for the gimbal control. And it just hit me that both 2.4 systems on the same ship might be a setup for big trouble.

My question is what is the best and safest second tx/rx setup for the gimbal? Or am I fine using the above setup?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Tony
Tahoet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no problem whatsoever to be running two 2.4Ghz systems. They are designed to not interfere with each other. This is why 2.4Ghz is so ideal at flying fields unlike the old 72Mhz where everyone had to display which channel they were using so as to not interfere with each other.
s_linste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks,
I understand but was getting nervous about them being so close together.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same concerns, even though they are not suppose to interferer with each other I would upgrade to dsmx if you haven't already. I ended up with some weird problems with spectrum so I just use that on the camera gimbal and switch to a different brand for the heli.
hellafilming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use 2.4 on both Heli and Gimbal without any issues. However If your using the 3xPro gimbal with the servos that are porvided, the hoverfly stabilization probably wont work for it. I do know they will be issuing a firmware update to work the type of servos the 3X uses. I have the same Gimbal and am waiting for this to become avaible too. For now Im just using two single axis gyros for stabilization. If your doing something different for the hoverfly to work please let me know.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I upgraded to the spektrum H6040 servos. Not sure if they will work or not with the hoverfly? I will send them an email to make sure. I pulled the gimbal off while I upgrade it to an ACEOne. I want to be sure all flies well. Then onto the gimbal install once ACEOne is dialed in. Have been reading mixed posts about going flybarless with the ACE? Any thoughts on flybarless with ACEOne?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default if

I have no experience either way but from what I have read having a flybar helps. If you need a flybar head I have one. We seem to be in close locations.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanx HF, I really want to stick with the FBL system. Appreciate the offer a bunch. I just love the way all my Mikados fly at elevation. I live up on the north shore. PM me and maybe we can fly together sometime. I have yet to fly a chopper or share the same intrest with someone.... Pretty secluded up here with limited flying space.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Opps I mixed up the rig, I thought you where on trex. Even better to be on mikados they are the best, in my opinion. for sure we should fly sometime illl let you know when i head up there.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoet View Post
Thanks, I upgraded to the spektrum H6040 servos. Not sure if they will work or not with the hoverfly? I will send them an email to make sure. I pulled the gimbal off while I upgrade it to an ACEOne. I want to be sure all flies well. Then onto the gimbal install once ACEOne is dialed in. Have been reading mixed posts about going flybarless with the ACE? Any thoughts on flybarless with ACEOne?
Ive been flying FBL with the AceOne for about a year now. Ive been tweaking with different gain settings for a while now. I think I have finally gotten to where I really like it. The hoverfly will not work with the 360 modded servos we use with the 3XPro. They will releasing a firmware upgrade soon that will allow your hoverfly to work. Unknown on exact timeframe. I have my servos upgraded to the spectrum 6040 on the Roll and a Savox 1267 on tilt. I finally got my gimbal dialed in beautifully using two single axis gyros on my gimbal. Will invest in hoverfly as soon as its released.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you have the AceOne dialed in. Wondering if you can send me an updated setting screen shots? I saw while back that you had posted these settings? Maybe they have not changed. I sure hope Hoverfly will get that update done. Seems like we are always waiting for new products and updates...... Looks like I can use the AceOne stabilization (roll and tilt) for now.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can, but when using the gimbal stabilization through ace one, you cannot pan the gimbal. Thats why I choose not to use it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in