Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup changing switch on my aurora

Hi

I cant seem to get the setup changing switch on my aurora 9 working.i set aux2, chose a switch (3 positions). But as it shows, nothing happens on my brain when i toggle the switch.
.. I must have forgotten to program something... Any hints?

Benjamin
almigurt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's your setup in ur channel menu on the a9. My brain wont be here till Tuesday. But are you running flight modes cause I'm running the a9 on vbar and threw a single line converter to run bar gov and tail gains through the radio just fine.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Channel 7 is used on brain. You can assign that channel on your radio to any switch i think. With my 8fg i Put it on idle up switch.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My channel setup is like this:
1 ail j1
2 elev j2
3 thro (directly connected.to esc) (j3, could set a sw instead ..)
4 gyro null (sw b in gyro menu)
5 rudd j4
6 pitch j3
7 aux1 sw c

Flight modes for different rpm (all on sw a)
Normal
Mid
High
Hold (sw d, overrides nicely other flightmodes)

Ch7 from optima 9 is connected to black wire from brain
(according to wiring Diagram).

Bank toggle in brain is set to ch6

If i toggle the sw, nothing happens. Aurora Monitor shows behaviour on ch7 (hi, mid low) as intended. If i set bank sw. Channel to another channel, e.g. Nick, i can recognize bank switching when i pull nick.

My ideas:
damaged pin6 on brain
Damaged wire/plugs
Damaged pin on ch7 on optima 9 rx
Problem Programming my aurora, which is most likelyy. I think that the aurora needs sth to output, which is not assigned.

Last edited by almigurt; 08-12-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know 1 more person with the same problem now.

It seems that the output from my aurora is working. Putting a servo on k7/optima shows it travelling into 3 positions.

But why cant i switch setups with?

A hint.. Anyone?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

@devs what Signal does the "Black wire(ch6)" need?
When i plug in aileron on ch6, to Check if something is happening it seems that the channel is Not Centered.

It seems my a9 has got a different "Center" on aux than the brain. All other channels are ok. But for the ch6 i need -100 subtrim. Can't.reach +100% thou, stops at 76%(brain) although there is some more range on my a9(115 of150%)

Please give me a hint.. I'd like switching Setups soon...

Benjamin
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

do you have Aux1 or aux 2 on channel 7 ?
From your listing it's AuX 1.

Make sure that you do not have AUX1 or AUX2 twice in your menu, check on the servo monitor of the Aurora to check your channel is working ok

HEre is how i did setup my channels on my Aurora 9 ( flight mode switch works perfect) , i'm mode 1 ( frenchie..) and did customize my channels output to have a nice wiring lol. I use an Optima 9 also. I made all the tests witht he Aurora 9 and also with a DX6i with DSMX sats.

To have my transmitter ( Aurora 9 ) working, i had to go in the Wizard and select " Standard Receiver" again, close software, then i cycled powered the Brain and restart software and all channels were read perfectly.

Also, make SURE you did not change the channels in the Brain software in the Receiver advanced menu ! these are the Brain INternal channels, they must go from channel 1 to channel 6 in the right order and have " separate receiver" on top as selected receiver. These, are the INPUT channels of the Brain ! Not the receiver output. I think, this feature should not be possible to tweak to avoid lot of mistakes as some beginners might go there and think it's not the right channel output order of their standard receiver as Futaba and some JR freceivers for example do not have same channel outputs functions. But Brain's input channels are always the same except maybe for Sbus ( i did not try so i can't know) so one mroe time make sure to have the channels listed from 1 to 7 in this menu without disorder

Now is below how my Aurora 9 was configured with my Optima 9 receiver channels output to connect on the Brain:

CH1 : PITCH : J2 -> linked to the Brain CH4/5/6 white wire
CH2 : GYRO : Nothing ( i use fixed values in the Gyro menu) -> linked to the Brain CH4/5/6 red wire
CH3 : AUX 1: C ( Setup switch) -> LInked to the Brain CH4/5/6 black wire
CH4 : RUDDER : J4 -> linked to the Brain CH3 port
CH5 : ELEVATOR : J3 -> Linked to the Brain CH2 Port
CH6 : AILERON : J1 -> linked to the Brain CH port
CH7 : THROTTLE : J2 -> linked to brushless ESc throttle plug
CH8 : AUX 2 : nothing
CH9 : AUX 3 : nothing

Make sure on the Aurora 9, in the Gyro gain sub menu menu ( MODEL main menu), to select SPLINE mode ( S instead of C) for each flight mode including Hold so you can change the values in each flight mode without having the Aurora . If when you select Heading Hold the Brain sees rate ( normal) mode, just reverse the Channel linked to the gyro gain.

If you do not want to bother with having different tail gyro gains whatever flight conditions you are flying, just assign no switch to the gyro channel and change the limits of the gyro channels manually to +50 / -50 for starting and then you knwo how to change the value on the channel limits for your gain

Best regards,
Fabien

PS: a quick picture of setup screen displaying values ( i'm surprised i did not have to tweak the subtrims to get pefect Zero, only to move the throttle stick at mid position lol)

Last edited by Fabien; 08-14-2012 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Adding pics
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by almigurt View Post
When i plug in aileron on ch6, to Check if something is happening it seems that the channel is Not Centered.

It seems my a9 has got a different "Center" on aux than the brain. All other channels are ok. But for the ch6 i need -100 subtrim. Can't.reach +100% thou, stops at 76%(brain) although there is some more range on my a9(115 of150%)

Benjamin
Hi Benjamin,

you should make sure that your AUX2 channel is not also listed twice in your channels affectations on the Aurora.
the best way to check this out is to plug a standard servo on the AUX2 channel of your receiver ( channel 7 from your message ), and more important, put back +100 / -100 travel and get rid of subtrims in the Channel 7.
check alos that when you move other switches, sticks or modify tail gyro gain the Setup cursor / value does not move at all, in that case you have a wrong Brain Input channel assignment.

Setup selection works this way:
-100 = Setup1
0 = Setup2
+100 = setup 3

The C switch on the Aurora is definitly a 3 position switch so you should NOT have any trouble on it, the only mistake i could see if you still have troubles is that the channel list and numbers in the advanced receiver menu is not ok. One more time these are the Brain INPUT channels selections and they must remain normal, if you modified them by mistake.

But your setup seems ok, just check that channels 1 to 6 are listed in the right order with no twins in the receiver advanced menu.

I only see a function in the Aurora / a mix or a twin in AUX channel selection that could cause this. To make sure about it, simply try to plug the setup selection channel plug that is on the RECEIVER on the RECEIVER elevator output.

From your configuration you mentionned, disconnect the Optima 9 plug from the optima Chanel 7, plug it instead on the OPtima receiver on the Channel 2 ( remove the elevator wire from the optima) and see if it changes values when you move the elevator stick. If not, then you have a problem for sure. If yes, it's a setting in the transmitter

Here is how it is with my Aurora 9 / optima 9, as long as wires are plugged in the right function on the receiver ( your's seems ok) then here it is:

[/img]http://www.e-copter.com/brain/brain3.jpg[/img]

Last thing, if you have not Aileron stock centered, there is a big problem, are you SURE you did select Helicotper H1 swashplate on the transmitter ???

Maybe creating a new program from scratch will help ?

Definilty ohpe this is just a small thing in the tansmitter setup

Best regards,
fabien
Old 08-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks you are giving ne hope

I quintuple checked the A9 settings now. Everything ok.
Will do some testing: put a complete finction to aurora ch7/ brain ch6.

I think it being a brain issue. Ccan i reset brain?
Setting up brain is easier than the A9
Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Benjamin
Did you try adjusting your EPA for that Aux channel? How about reversing it? I used to use an A9 and could do just about anything with it by doing one of those two things.

Josh
Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

di you have the PC interface for the Aurora 9 ? If yes, i can try to create a model for mode 2 that works with the BRain on the Aurora 9 (if you fly mode 2) and send you the file ?

BEst regards,

Fabien
Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default solve?

the other guy, having the same promlem wrote that he solved it.
He selected s-bus reciever 1x and then selected standard reciever. Now its working for him.
'll try it ... [edit]... Didnt work for me yet.

i dont know what to do
i reprogrammed, tried without any programs.. still no setup change

an idea (heli alrdy packed, 'll try tomorrow): do i need to set three setups up to see the changing?

Benjamin

Last edited by almigurt; 08-15-2012 at 05:32 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

after some more tests my conclusion is, that the brain is dead on ch6

No input on this cannel is changing anything in the brain (not even if i set another func to it)

Need to replace it
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got mine setup by the msg guys today at ircha and works fine with bank switching

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fyi: channel 6(pin6) on brain was dead. Confirmed by my vendor. Being replaced tomorrow.

@msh
I don't know the manufacruring process
. But it seems that there is no or a bad quality check at the end of the process. Flies awesome anyway

Benjamin
Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Fyi: channel 6(pin6) on brain was dead. Confirmed by my vendor. Being replaced tomorrow.

@msh
I don't know the manufacruring process
. But it seems that there is no or a bad quality check at the end of the process. Flies awesome anyway

Benjamin
I think that only when they return the pieces to MSH, will be able to complete the tests and you will know which was the real problem.

I think it is very easy to verify if it is a defective weld, or if you have made ​​a wrong connection, connecting the white wire from pin 6 to the ground of the receiver instead to the signal (inverted connector on the receiver) or if it was connected reversed to the Brain connector a battery pack or BEC (bringing the pin 6 of the Brain to-5V and "burning").

As far as I know, in production all the pieces are 100% tested on all pins and all functions.
m.rik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

If i killed it with wrong polarity, i would have killed all Electronics. My wiring goes like that: bec-5.5V-> Rx -> Brain -> servos.
Them single wired plugs can't be inserted vice versa easily.

Anyway im glad bout getting a working unit soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in