Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need help please

Hey everybody i have a blade 400 that i am having some issues with. I recently set up the gy401 and now when i go to hover tail in the tail spins to the right (nose left) and when i try to put compensate with transmitter it isnt enough. i have a futuba 9257 tail servo and i am using a dx6i tx. I have went under the gyro screen in transmitter and i have swithched the numbers around and still cant get anything. When the gyro starts in hh mode the light is lit on gyro so that is right and cuts off in rate mode. I have to what i thought was right set it up mechanically. please help i want to fly. such beautiful days here in roanoke and all i get to do is pull my hair out cause i cant figure it out
Jbrom12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try this:
http://www.heliproz.com/articles.asp...cks&article=18

(written by me several years ago when I was working at HeliProz)
Old 09-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Assuming the normal - reverse is correct at the transmitter flip the DIR switch on the gyro.
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC. M690l, MR25P - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX, 350QX v3 - spektrum. 4503D, 450X - spektrum/Savox.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Need help

I have the gyro in right position in transmitter and I tried switching the switch on gyro to the opposite and it spun to the left extremely fast I just can't figure it out it's frustrating I have went over everything
Old 09-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

did you read the set up guide I linked?

There are only a few reasons why a helicopter will spin rapidly to the left. You have to make sure that the tail is built correctly (LEADING edge control), the tail rotor is rotating in the correct direction (counter clockwise as viewed from the right side of the model), tail servo operating in the correct direction (pitch slider slides LEFT on the shaft when the rudder stick is moved to the RIGHT, and that gyro compensation is the correct direction (rotate the NOSE of the model to the LEFT, the pitch slider should also move LEFT).
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help

Hey Brian I looked over it again and the tail blades are spinning to the right so clockwise is that wrong if so how do u change that
Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

? you must have the twist in the belt the wrong way, that is the only thing to cause the tail blades to spin the wrong direction. They (the tail spinning) should try to throw the grass clippings at the underside of the boom and canopy.

In the OP, it was never mentioned that the tail was disassembled/reassembled since it last worked..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
? you must have the twist in the belt the wrong way, that is the only thing to cause the tail blades to spin the wrong direction. They (the tail spinning) should try to throw the grass clippings at the underside of the boom and canopy.

In the OP, it was never mentioned that the tail was disassembled/reassembled since it last worked..
The belt has a 90 degree twist in it. The direction of the twist determines the rotation of the tail rotor. You'll need to disassemble the tail and twist the belt the other way, just be careful you don't test the belt over onto itself.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help

Well I went to twist the belt over and I tried pulling the belt with my fingers and it wouldn't spin the gear I guess it is the auto rotation gear so I looked at the idler gear and the belt was spinning but it wasn't spinning the bottom gear. That's weird cause it would spin the blade clockwise and now it won't spin the gear either way huh. Well I guess I need to order a new idler gear I guess that's what it is called. It's the gear in the frame where tail belt hooks up.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like the belt is locking up on it self .. meening you twisted it over n over on itself ..

i would watch the tail set up vids .. and go from there ... when looking at the tail blades from the Right side of heli or tail left they should spin counterclockwise .. if i remember

pull the boom off and get a old coathanger wire one .. and lock it with a loop . then push it thru boom so goin in you know its right and when it comes out its the same .. then do the 90 deg turn on the belt .

it just sounds like you changed it up so much in the wrong ways that its messin up ..

start from scratch ..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in