Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Major vibrations around mid stick

For both my mcpx and 130x I have had some big vibrations when I lower throttle down to mid-stick or so, but then it goes away. Posting this here because it applies to two helis. Anyone know what this could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is your throttle curve value at mid stick..

On the mCPX, be sure that the main blades are not too tight. If your in idle up, and shakes at mid stick, i.e., when the swash is unloaded, be sure the grommets are on the swash balls to stiffen the linkages up.

I don't own a 130x, so I can't comment.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blades aren't too tight. on the 130x I have 60% at mid stick in normal and 100% in IU. For the mcpx I have it as the same.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me it's always been slop in the head. What your seeing is a somewhat common problem on these helis. On my mcpx I think the problem was slop in the feathering shaft and a microheli head fixed it for me. See if you can move your blades up and down a little, if you find movement that is the problem.

On my 130X my mid stick wobbles were fixed by tightening the blade grips. I could move the blades up and down in the grips a lot. One of them stripped really easily ( I think they are using crappier plastic than on the mcpx ) so I used a 2mm nut to tighten the blade grips. Just tight enough where they don't move on their own but u can move when you push them.

Anyway thats been my experience, yours may be different but just look for where head parts can move that shouldn't.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great idea, thanks man. I will check that out.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My mCPx V2 started the violent mid stick shakes recently. I've got close to 2000 mCPx flights on 3 birds and the list of usual mid stick shake suspects won't be listed here.

This time was a different cause. My servos all have the normal "buzz" but I found the front right servo was buzzing more and searching up and down about 5 or 10 times the normal amount-still a very small amount but a noticable vibration. I found this existed from 2-10 percent pitch with my right stick centered. I could also move the left stick out of this range and create the same issue using cyclic-thus associating the abnormality with servo position and not transmitter stick position. This servo vibration and the helicopter shakes in flight match up. I flew a few batteries staying out of the vibration zone.

I plan to fix it with some new servos. My favorite mCPx flea bay parts vendor sells them currently for $11.99 each plus $2.00 shipping and last I checked HH sells them for $13.99 each. Much improved from $24.00 or more each 15 months ago if you could get them at all.

The spray cleaning method has not worked to fix. I may try the disassemble and clean method, but probably not before I buy some new servos. I've yet to buy a new mCPx servo and I think I'm due. If I order now, the new servos will be waiting when I get home from work.

Despite the vibration I just had some of my best mCPx flights---inverted inches off the ground, flips, fast flight, and fast banking turns with no crashes and no tail blow outs. I just stayed out of the vibration zone-but I do need to get it fixed.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still have a little vibes every now and then but it flies great.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey would the blades i'm using have anything to do with it? Flying with the non bullet blades. Would the bullet blades cause less vibration? I thought the straight blades would be better for flips and so forth. Just wondering.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

On your mCPX, do you have rubber grommets on the linkage balls?

On the 130x, you can lower the cyclic gain a touch and that will generally smooth things out with the non-bullet blades.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, don't have the rubber grommet balls. where can you order them from?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

They're actually just "grommets", but the mCPX works well with the small canopy mount "o" rings:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...mh-35-EFLH3021

And for the 130x, there are some people on HF that have used some kind of aftermarket "o" rings, but we sometimes just lower the gain a couple clicks and the wobble is gone (worked well for me).
Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

You mean gyro gain right? Just making sure.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
You mean gyro gain right? Just making sure.
Yep! All 3 axis' are adjustable.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3780_Gyro_menu.pdf
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian, is the release date for the nano still looking good for end of september?
stormfan69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan69 View Post
Brian, is the release date for the nano still looking good for end of september?
yep It is currently en route.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm really looking forward to the nano. Wish I could wait until Christmas but I'll have to get it when it releases. Maybe see if the wife will go for the 500 or 300x.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have some shuttering at mid stick on my 130. I did the following:
003 Silicone O-Rings on the swash and head.
Checked main shaft for cracks.
New head, old one seemed loose.
Checked feathering spindle.
Checked for slop in main bearings.
Tightened main blades.
Reduced gain -3 on Ali and Ele.

Will fly tonight after work to test, as it was late last night when I finished the above.

Anything I over looked? main grip bearings?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in