Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Nano CP X tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
"runs off the throttle"?
Agreed!
When the power starts to rapidly drop the throttle hold command will not be acted on.
You must use it before the Heli drops out of the sky.

You should notice a significant drop in collective pitch respose and notice the motor slowing down in pitch (sound) as well prior to losing control.

Once you recognize this steady, rapid loss of power and land or at least are able to stop the per to the motor WITH the throttle hold you will not only save you Heli from tearing it's self up doing the undesirable chicken dance as the low voltage cutoff finally pronounces the flight a crash, but the batteries also suffer as they have very nearly reached or exceeded the safe maximum discharge voltage of approximately 3.2 volts.

Flight timer alarms save you money in the long run!

Life is Short.....
Fly FAST
cfrankfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
I'm stumped. I changed my timer mode to throttle out (it was just "throttle" ), and left the Position value to 10%. Timer runs continually regardless of stick position or TH setting.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

EDIT: Tried setting the position to 25% per the manual but this didn't help.
Here, try my settings file.
Attached Files
File Type: spm 02NANO__.SPM (9.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrankfly View Post
Agreed!
... but the batteries also suffer as they have very nearly reached or exceeded the safe maximum discharge voltage of approximately 3.2 volts.

Flight timer alarms save you money in the long run!
Would be nice if Blade would just enable the telemetry function for the nano (and mCPx) - at least for battery voltage. I noticed the telemetry screen (mentioned in a separte post) on my DX8 after binding to the nano, but it doesn't receive any telemetry info. Recently I brought another mCPx (as it was on sale), and noticed it too had been updated and has the telemetry screen, but again no telemetry info. With battery voltage telemetry, I can set the DX8 to alert me to land. Timer is ok, but as lipos age, it would need to be adjusted. And I crash a lot, so there's times when the heli still drains the battery as I re-adjust things to get it up in the air again. I tried this on my Walkera mini cp and v120d02s as it has telemetry enabled, and now I've avoided the throttle-hold not working on those helis.
soonglim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonglim View Post
Would be nice if Blade would just enable the telemetry function for the nano (and mCPx) - at least for battery voltage. I noticed the telemetry screen (mentioned in a separte post) on my DX8 after binding to the nano, but it doesn't receive any telemetry info. Recently I brought another mCPx (as it was on sale), and noticed it too had been updated and has the telemetry screen, but again no telemetry info. With battery voltage telemetry, I can set the DX8 to alert me to land. Timer is ok, but as lipos age, it would need to be adjusted. And I crash a lot, so there's times when the heli still drains the battery as I re-adjust things to get it up in the air again. I tried this on my Walkera mini cp and v120d02s as it has telemetry enabled, and now I've avoided the throttle-hold not working on those helis.
That would be a fantastic feature, listen up HH!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonglim View Post
That is a great idea, but it would add considerable complexity to the 3-in-1 board. They would have to add a transmitter and maybe another antenna. Once they've got that though the voltage is probably available in software, since that runs the LVC.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm stumped. I changed my timer mode to throttle out (it was just "throttle" ), and left the Position value to 10%. Timer runs continually regardless of stick position or TH setting.

EDIT: Tried setting the position to 25% per the manual but this didn't help.
Do you have TH enabled in the F-Mode menu or is HOLD: INH? I just checked my DX7S and that's the only thing I can see that may affect this. I set mine to the Elev D/R switch.

My throttle position trigger is also at 10% which will set off the timer above that. But once TH kicks in, timer stops regardless of where the throttle stick position is at.
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
That is a great idea, but it would add considerable complexity to the 3-in-1 board. They would have to add a transmitter and maybe another antenna. Once they've got that though the voltage is probably available in software, since that runs the LVC.
I need to correct myself on this. I just noticed that there is a telemetry screen available on the DX7s, but only when I have my Nano turned on. To access it, turn the scroll button on the main screen without pressing down. There is no way the DX7s could know that my Nano is turned on unless the Nano also has a transmitter. It doesn't transmit any telemetry, at least none that show up on the DX7s telemetry screens. But I think maybe it could with just some additional programming in the Nano.

I have a lot to learn about these new 2.4ghz transmitters.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
Do you have TH enabled in the F-Mode menu or is HOLD: INH? I just checked my DX7S and that's the only thing I can see that may affect this. I set mine to the Elev D/R switch.

My throttle position trigger is also at 10% which will set off the timer above that. But once TH kicks in, timer stops regardless of where the throttle stick position is at.
That is a good question. I will check it tonight. It seems like I am missing a setting OUTSIDE the timer settings menu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
That is a good question. I will check it tonight. It seems like I am missing a setting OUTSIDE the timer settings menu.

Yah that one is trickier to get to- it's in the system menu, which you have to access by switching it on and holding down the menu button. I have it set to:

F-Mode Setup
Flight Mode: F-Mode
Hold: Hold

Scroll up in this thread about a page, I uploaded my settings file.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It seems like I am missing a setting OUTSIDE the timer settings menu.

If my memory is correct it is not in the timer settings menu for sure. Report back.
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The good ole dx4 has no timer...... I use my ipad, but have got very lazy,
I just installed my rakon blade grips and hub , very nice stuff, and lighter, seems to make the heli better. I really want the dx8 now!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
Yah that one is trickier to get to- it's in the system menu, which you have to access by switching it on and holding down the menu button. I have it set to:

F-Mode Setup
Flight Mode: F-Mode
Hold: Hold

Scroll up in this thread about a page, I uploaded my settings file.
OK - I checked my F-Mode setup. It matched yours.

I then tried importing your settings file into slot 10 on my radio. It doesn't seem to work though. I actually can't get the timer to run at all now! Weird.

I will keep messing around here and see if I can figure it out. I am wondering what firmware/software you have? Mine appears to be 1.00? This is on the system menu, bottom of the 3rd page.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Timer working!

Wow. It turns out that the old software/firmware I had was the issue. It works correctly with my model and the one that GoatRider uploaded.

I suspected that it might be this after I read the readme info for the updates:

SpektrumTM DX7s AirWareTM Change Log (V1.02)
13 August 2012 (Rev 8/27)
Software Features
• Added support for GPS and High Current telemetry sensors.
• Enabled up to 32-pole motors for the brushless RPM sensor.
• Enabled SD telemetry log file
• Adjusted vibe motor RPM to be less aggressive
Software Corrections
• Improved translations in French and Italian screens.
• Corrected export of flap configuration.
• Corrected over-travel of flaps that could result in reversed operation at extreme
deployments.
• Corrected switch change on Acro throttle cut screen when going from the initial
switch selection to the edit page.
• Corrected timer to work properly in Throttle Out mode when using reversed
throttle channel.

• Corrected end-point adjustability when Trainer is used as an input to a channel.
Corrected trainer normal Master mode so that it doesn’t modify controls from the slave. In previous versions it could reverse channels vs. what was expected.
NOTE: This change affects sub-trim and travel of existing models and ones you will import. You may need to adjust sub-trims and travel on any reversed control surfaces in both airplanes and helicopters.

I actually installed the latest (1.03), but this change (or at least the one related to reversed throttle channels) was in 1.02.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
• Corrected timer to work properly in Throttle Out mode when using reversed
throttle channel.
[mythbusters]Well there's your problem.[/mythbusters]
Glad you got it figured out!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kind of odd since the throttle channel isn't reversed for the Nano, but it works - so that is what matters to me. I can't believe I went this long without updating it. The TH timer issue has bugged me for a LONG time!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anyone else having problems with the collar (glued on) on the main shaft coming loose all the time? I'd like a set screw here. I'd also like motor mount screws, that glue in place procedure is not fantastic
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes. My collar came loose after an inverted crash. I pushed it back down and put a drop of CA on it. Haven't flown since so not sure if it will hold.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yes. My collar came loose after an inverted crash. I pushed it back down and put a drop of CA on it. Haven't flown since so not sure if it will hold.

only for so long...

We need some aftermarket part here. Head seems amazingly strong though!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe is a noob question but i want to make it clear to my head

When u say swashplate links must be 25mm u mean measuring from outer borders
or from the inner ones

Thanks

Tasos
salasgr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by salasgr View Post
Maybe is a noob question but i want to make it clear to my head

When u say swashplate links must be 25mm u mean measuring from outer borders
or from the inner ones

Thanks

Tasos
I recommend setting zero pitch at mid stick in stead. The correct lenght will vary from one heli to another.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in