Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

View Poll Results: What Type are you?
ENFJ: "Pedagogue" 2 1.63%
ENFP "Journalist" 2 1.63%
ENTJ: "Field Marshall" 6 4.88%
ENTP: "Inventor" 13 10.57%
ESFJ: "Seller" 4 3.25%
ESFP: "Entertainer" 3 2.44%
ESTJ: "Administrator" 5 4.07%
ESTP "Promoter" 3 2.44%
INFJ: "Author" 4 3.25%
INFP: "Questor" 4 3.25%
INTJ: "Scientist" 26 21.14%
INTP: "Architect" 10 8.13%
ISFJ: "Conservator" 8 6.50%
ISFP: "Artist" 5 4.07%
ISTJ "Trustee" 14 11.38%
ISTP: "Artisan" 14 11.38%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What type of Helifreak Personality type You?

I find it interesting the varity of ages and personalities there are that fly RC heli's. Many people think of them as "Toys" for which we know that something as potentialy dangerous as a large rc heli can be that there anything but "Toys" What personality type do you fit into? If you have doubt you can take the test here.

http://www.personalitytest.net/types/index.htm

Types:
ENFJ: "Pedagogue". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others be the best that they can be. 5% of the total population.

ENFP "Journalist". Love novelty and surprises. They are big on emotions and expression. Life is an exciting drama. They are good at sales, advertising, politics, and acting. 5% of the total population.

ENTJ: "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.

ESFJ: "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Outstanding host or hostesses. They excel in service occupations involving personal contact. 13% of the total population.

ESFP: "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. They make good performers, and they love talking on the phone. 13% of the total population.

ESTJ: "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. These are responsible mates and parents and are loyal to the workplace. They are realistic, down-to-earth, orderly, and love tradition. They often find themselves joining civic clubs! 13% of the total population.

ESTP "Promoter": These are action-oriented sophisticated people. As mates, they are both exciting and charming. They make good promoters, and entrepreneurs. 13% of the total population.

INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute. They make good therapists, general practitioners, and ministers. 1% of the total population

INFP: "Questor". Idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, and have a high capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research. 1% of the total population.

INTP: "Architect". Great precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. They are good at logic and math and make good philosophers and theoretical scientists. 1% of the total population.

ISFJ: "Conservator". Service and work oriented - very loyal. They are good nurses, teachers, secretaries, general practitioners, librarians, middle managers, and housekeepers. 6% of the total population.

ISFP: "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. 5% of the total population.

ISTJ "Trustee" Dependable pillars of strength. They make good bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and phys. ed. teachers, and boy or girl scouts! 6% of the total population.

ISTP: "Artisan" Action-oriented and fearless, and crave excitement. They like tools, and instruments and often become technical experts. 5% of the total population.
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[strikethrough]ENTP here[/strikethrough]

No, Now I think I wana change, Scientist is more me, INTJ
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

funny. no one has ever called me any of those names. the one i hear most often isn't up there.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crap, I'm not fall into any of the categories listed above. Now I wonder if I'm the odd one.

Are those % add up to 100 of the population? If it is I'm in trouble.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstekeur View Post
INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute.

INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research.
If I had to pick only one it would be INFJ or "Author". I'm probably more of a mix of INTJ "Scientist" though.

I definitely like helping others and I do a lot of research, but I'm a terrible student overall. I'm fairly pragmatic and I like knowing things to the -nth degree when I can. But it's just about impossible to know it all, so I try not to be overbearing.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Pedagogue or Scientist for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always test out as Pedagogue.

Even back in high school, the tests said I should be a teacher but closely followed by scientist.

I chose to get an engineering degree and have never regretted it.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

INTP - Architect

The detailed description is spot on, it's exactly me.

BTW, I got an EE degree and work as an Engineering consultant.

Compass 7HV / Atom 6HVU / Atom 5.5 / Align Trex 500L / Spektrum DX8
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Too much stuff to read. Guess that makes me lazy.

G.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyji View Post
Too much stuff to read. Guess that makes me lazy.

G.
Lol....thats funny. ya lazy bum.. ......Me ? "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. 5% of the total population....I look at it as an art form. Building, flying. color mesh, Scale builds ect.. The in depth electronic guru talk bores me to death. ha
Dajavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

ENTP inventor
rz1a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

According to the test I am an ISTJ - Trustee. I think these are easily skewed by our own self perception. It would be interesting to have the people who know me answer the questions about me to see how well it lines up.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Inventor ..
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicbunny View Post
According to the test I am an ISTJ - Trustee. I think these are easily skewed by our own self perception. It would be interesting to have the people who know me answer the questions about me to see how well it lines up.
That would be interesting. Im a scientist. At least thats what the test said.
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think most people are a measurable combination of several "types". I like to help and be helped. Sometimes I'm serious and other times a joker. I am orderly AND disorganized at times.

Sometimes I can confidently make a difficult decision, and other time I rely on others input. Sometimes I feel wise and sure, other times I am certain I am an idiot.

What would I be considered then? I like to think "well-balanced" and "down to earth", "realistic", and "kind". I am happy being me most of the time...
Mike2112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

crasherfixeruperbuildefficianado. Sorry, I didnt see the option.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM_Coder View Post
INTP - Architect

The detailed description is spot on, it's exactly me.

BTW, I got an EE degree and work as an Engineering consultant.
Me too! International gun for hire!

However my INFJ is actually more appropriate for what I happen to architect.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i guess i would be quite a few of those options..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Scientist sounds like me, but I can be rather extroverted when surrounded by like minds. Heck, myself and some others I work with stayed up until 8AM one night because of being so close to one hell of a solution to an electromech issue that had bugged us for a month.

I definitely like to try new things, sometimes just for the "doing". Right now I'm working on a programmable light controller for a 3d plank (I know...blame the AwesomeRC guys for that one). Especially happy because not more than 3 minutes ago I found a bag of TIP-47s to run the lights. Even more convenient that they were taped to a bag of 6v regs! Time to fire up the oscope and finish this puppy. /uptill3AM...again.

(Don't worry freaks, the second I have this tested out on the 3d plank, I'm finding a heli to stuff it on )

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I'd have to say INFJ "Author" for me. Scientist is close, but my self-confidence outside my field of work is pretty low.

EDIT: Interesting. I actually took the test and came out as an INTP Architect. That's probably not too far off.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in