Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Les RC Canada
  • 1 Post By Les RC Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RcHelicopterfun.com needs support

Hi everyone .. I think their are a lot of Helifreaks out there that know of RcHelicopterfun.com but may not know that John Salt who started this site maybe shutting down as the interest on his site has declined a lot and he doesn't know if he can keep this site running. It would be a big shame if he shut his site down as if it wasn't for his help and wisdom I would have given up on this hobby. Johns E-Books are worth their wait in gold for set up and understanding how a Helie works plus if you have a question email him and he gets right back. All I am saying if you know someone just getting into the hobby Johns E-Books would really help and if your a accomplished pilot you still might learn something as I say the day I stop learning is the day they put me 6 feet under ..lol
All I know is that if RCHelicopterfun.com goes under it would be a shame as I have read the testimonies on his sit and they are from all over the world and he has helped so meany people in this hobby.

So if you haven't ever checked out his site do it and you won't be disappointed if you buy one of his E-Books I know I have them....
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads-up.

Even if i don't need them, i'd be buying one or two of his ebooks to show support after this.

Again, thanks.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92.M3 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up.

Even if i don't need them, i'd be buying one or two of his ebooks to show support after this.

Again, thanks.
That's great his ebooks are so well written and so much help but thanks for your support .. John helped me out so much like I said it would be a shame ...
Old 04-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

yep - he helped me out in the beginning
Old 04-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have pretty much all of his e-books, and I agree - they're great! I had been wondering for a while already how things were going for John, and I'm saddened to hear that he will likely have to shut down his site. I'm wondering whether he will still continue to sell the 600ESP clone.
getsuyoubi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsuyoubi View Post
I have pretty much all of his e-books, and I agree - they're great! I had been wondering for a while already how things were going for John, and I'm saddened to hear that he will likely have to shut down his site. I'm wondering whether he will still continue to sell the 600ESP clone.
I think that might be part of it as sells may not be good so sad as I think they would be great Helies to have as I would buy one just on his recommendation but I already have a 600 ...One thing I know John would not sell something that was junk as he loves this hobby to much and wants others to love it too.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have all his books , John is a great guy I have met him in person many times . He set up a Blade 550 x with a DJI Wookong H for me and he didn’t even charge me a penny . He said it was a good learning curve for him and that it was fun installing it . I sure hope he sticks around .
Morrchew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrchew View Post
I also have all his books , John is a great guy I have met him in person many times . He set up a Blade 550 x with a DJI Wookong H for me and he didnít even charge me a penny . He said it was a good learning curve for him and that it was fun installing it . I sure hope he sticks around .
That's just why I posted that he needs support .. He is a great guy and loves this hobby and wants to help others .. So like I said spread the word to all the up and comeing Helifreaks to buy his ebooks and keep his site alive .. John has done so much for others time to give it back ..
Old 04-22-2018, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am half owner of a web hosting company, but it seems his issues are bigger than simply somewhere to host his website. I'm not the right person to take it over either. I also doubt my partner would be interested whatsoever as he has no interest in the hobby. Besides, without him it just wouldn't be the same. I used to read his site when I first started flying helicopters myself.

I would like to have one of those 600ESP helicopters because from reading the description, it looks like a decent 'bigger bird' for me to step up to. I simply cannot afford it right now. It appears that they aren't even in stock at the moment.

Instead I purchased one of his e-books. The one on swash setup and FBL tuning. I can see that one helping me in the near future because I have forgotten a lot of what I have already read on that subject from here on Helifreak.

I'll look at what else he has in the way of e-books and I'll more than likely purchase more of them in the near future.

I'd hate to see him drop the website...
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Jesus View Post
I am half owner of a web hosting company, but it seems his issues are bigger than simply somewhere to host his website. I'm not the right person to take it over either. I also doubt my partner would be interested whatsoever as he has no interest in the hobby. Besides, without him it just wouldn't be the same. I used to read his site when I first started flying helicopters myself.

I would like to have one of those 600ESP helicopters because from reading the description, it looks like a decent 'bigger bird' for me to step up to. I simply cannot afford it right now. It appears that they aren't even in stock at the moment.

Instead I purchased one of his e-books. The one on swash setup and FBL tuning. I can see that one helping me in the near future because I have forgotten a lot of what I have already read on that subject from here on Helifreak.

I'll look at what else he has in the way of e-books and I'll more than likely purchase more of them in the near future.

I'd hate to see him drop the website...
The swash set up is a great book and there is so much more in it .. Good choice and thanks for your support .. And yes I would hate it to if he had to drop the site and yes I would buy a 600esp from John but don't have the money right now either but thanks for your support ..
Canadian_Jesus likes this.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem man. I just want to support an important person to our hobby
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2018, 04:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fantastic resource & site

I am a total newbie to r/c helicopters and the main reason I have 'stuck with it' is because I was lucky enough to discover John's site right at the beginning of my heli journey. This hobby is both fascinating and f@£?ing difficult for any person, particularly a newbie, and I can honestly say that the information and help on John's site has been invaluable on my heli journey and is what has kept me interested in this hobby. I have purchased 3 of John's ebooks and they have been and continue to be a tremendous help and reference. I am now looking to follow his instructions on how to make my own 1000w power supply!.

I would gladly buy one of his 600 heli's but I have just spent a fortune, to me, on buying my existing 500x heli. Hopefully money will be available in the not too distant future to do so.

I would agree that John and the site is absolutely invaluable to this hobby and it would be a tremendous shame and loss if it were to close. If it is monetary problems that are affecting John's ability to maintain the site then I would be more than happy to join in on any initiative to assist.

RcHelicopterfun is WAY to important a resource for this hobby to let it die.
coffax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2018, 07:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two of his books..awesome. Would be sad to see him shut it down. I will post on our Facebook site.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

John's site was a big help in keeping interested in the hobby until I could finally get involved. His recommendations were key to my equipment purchases and choices. Saved me much time and money making the correct choice on the first purchase.

His shared knowledge was key to my progress in the hobby and his books are very good. I have three and wish him only the best and fell it would be a great loss if his site went down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.