Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you enter the value "3" (arrow points up), that means the channel 3.
Because my channel 3 is assigned to the switch E, I thought it was not possible, so I have not even tried !!!

I will do it this evening when I go back home ...

Could it be a question of order of assignments in mixages ?

1) init timer on channel 3
n) then reaffect switch E to channel3
Roseline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

When I first setup this procedure, I tried to assign the timer to ch3, but that didn't work as I wanted, now that I look at the pic Desjardins port, I see that you can adjust the throttle position, didnt knew that back then, so timer was activated above mid throttle which make no sense... I'll try again tonight and if it works, I'll adjust my procedure to include this, and this will free up that switch for gimbal control
locks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

THAT WORKS !!!

Indeed, there must be an order for the radio to take into account different mixes.

Thanks to all of you !
YES !
Roseline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad it worked! Having it on throttle input makes it as simple as can be
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great, I'll update the procedure tonight to include this!!

I cant Edit the 1st post anymore so I'll add it up here:

Change Timer to autostart with therottle stick:
a: Go to BASIC Menu TIMER
b: Set SW> to 3UP
c: place your throttle stick to lower position
d: while you have the 3UP flashing, hold tx dial button until you hear 2 fast beep, this will record stick position to current position, and timer will be on anytime the throttle stick is higher than this position

Assign SWITCH D to GYRO for Gimbal control:
a- Go in TX ADVANCED Menu GYRO
b: go down to SW > and chose D
c: Set Gyro mode to STD
c: Change Gyro from INH to On
d: set UP and DOWN value as you wish for Gimbal control

Last edited by locks; 11-23-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

loks, thanks a lot. This just helped me set up my DJI450 and NAZA GPS with my Futaba 7c and the Rx.

I have one question though, which I still haven't been able to figure out. I know you can set it up to be able to adjust the gains through the transmiter while you're flying. But how do you do this? I suspect you can use the Gyro gains on the gyro menu or by rotating the knob for ch.6?
Cheers
gadorey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

How many knobs are on that Tx?
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Hello! This post was the greater I have ever seen! You helped me so much! You must be a genius . Thanks youuuu!!! Only one thing I got, switch A is sticked to Home Lock and it cant change to Course Lock. Something bad I did? I follow the guide step by step!
MoRaLeSD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey View Post
loks, thanks a lot. This just helped me set up my DJI450 and NAZA GPS with my Futaba 7c and the Rx.

I have one question though, which I still haven't been able to figure out. I know you can set it up to be able to adjust the gains through the transmiter while you're flying. But how do you do this? I suspect you can use the Gyro gains on the gyro menu or by rotating the knob for ch.6?
Cheers
Well, the only knob on this tx is the hovering throttle/pitch adjustment, and unfortunately on this Tx it can't be assigned to anything else, only option would be to use the Gyro menu, or left the Gyro to INH, and use a switch assigned to the gyro channel, in the 1st page I used a switch to turn on/off the timer, but in post #25 I reassigned the timer to the throttle stick, so you can use this switch for gain adjustment.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza Setup question for DEVO 10 TX/RX R1002

Hi All,
I have been having problems setting up my NAZA FC with GPS for my F450 quad. I cant seem to set my 3 position switches. If you all could please review the video I have provided it would be greatly appreciated. If anything you will be able to determine how new I am at this, my apologies.
Produce 1 (8 min 41 sec)
Malinois1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont know your TX and receiver, but I think you should place your 3 pos switch to the middle, adjust your subtrim until attitude turn blue, (subtrim adjust the center pos), then flip your switch to gps and adjust endpoint till gps turn blue, then flip switch to manual and adjust endpoint till manual turn blue.

Look like the center position on your tx/rx isint what the name expect, adjusting subtrim first should fix it
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Well, the only knob on this tx is the hovering throttle/pitch adjustment, and unfortunately on this Tx it can't be assigned to anything else, only option would be to use the Gyro menu, or left the Gyro to INH, and use a switch assigned to the gyro channel, in the 1st page I used a switch to turn on/off the timer, but in post #25 I reassigned the timer to the throttle stick, so you can use this switch for gain adjustment.
Locks, again thanks for your help, but I still haven't found a way to do what I want. I have a lot of experience with mixes for aeroplanes but for them I use a Spektrum radio. My Futaba I use for my helis, but except doing the normal set ups with throttle and pitch curves, gyro and throttle hold I never really messed around with the radio. And this seems a bit more involved. So I'll just post what I'm trying to achieve with some questions and hope someone can help.

I have my F450 with Naza GPS set up according to your instructions and everything works great. I also Like having the timer start to count down on switch D. It's what I'm used to on my aeroplanes - start the timer when I take off and wait for the alarm to sound to tell me it's time to land.

What I still wanted to do is the following:
1. to use the knob on ch.6 to adjust one of the gains in flight.
2. later to use the same knob to control the pitch on the camera gimbal.
3. to use maybe the gyro channel (5) to control first another gain and later the tilt on the camera gimbal.

Since the knob is on chanel 6, and according to your instruction I have the T plugged into the ch6 on the receiver, I'm lost as how to do this. It would seem I would have to plug X1 into ch 5 and X2 into Ch6 leaving ch7 for T. But if I use ch7 for T, can I still set up the 3 Pt. Switch for the flight modes? Or does the 3 Pt. switch require T being plugged into ch 6?

What I also don't understand is if I have say X2 plugged into Ch7 and assign it to a switch, then I can only do On or OFF or -100% to +100% (not taking into account lesser values by setting End Pts.) So it wouldn't really work for one of the gimbal servos - I suppose it would just make it go full one way and full another when the switch is flipped.

Maybe I'm hoping for too much...
Anyway, runing out of switches E for flight mode, A&B for the IOC, D for the timer and G for the failsafe. H is just spring loaded and then there's the knob which doesn't seem to have any function at the moment.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Gadorey,

1- Knob on the T7C is lock with pitch, can't use it, as we use pitch to control the MR Throttle, this is a limitation from the Tx, I would love to use that knob for gain adjustment but unfortunately, cant do

2- same as 1

3- to control gain from gyro channel, you'll have to assign the gyro to a switch and then you'll have only 2 possible gain setting, you can always use it, set 1 value for each switch position, test the values, land and change to 2 higher value for gain, test new values, land... rinse and repeat till you found the value you need, not very practical, a knob would be better for gain adjustment, but no can do with this radio.

Using ch7 for T is also a no go, you cant bind it to throttle stick, ch6 and ch3 are bind to the throttle stick in heli mode, and since failsafe is only on ch3 on this receiver, you NEED to use it for flight mode control using flat throttle curves assign to a switch (e), this left you the pitch ch6 channel to control the throttle with a 0-100 pitch curve on all flight mode,

I understand what you want to achieve, but the limitations of the radio are in the way, I've tried to setup something similar to what you want but wasn't able... they way the knob work here is what gets in the way, I would hope to be able to assign this knob to any channel I want but cant..
Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, thanks again - that was a very good explanation.

So forgeting about adjusting the gains, then there is also no way to ever control the gimbal - pan, tilt for the camera with the futaba 7C? That's a bit disapointing... I supose for pan you can use the bird, just yaw it, but for tilting the camera up and down is a no go. Not nice....

For that, one would require a radio and Rx with more channels? I never really looked into it because I use my spektrum for planes, but I' m almost sure one could program something like that into it - could be wrong though.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want full control of the gimbal, you'll need anoter radio/tx that hame more knob and that they can be reassign, I think any futaba radio that have 8 or more channels have the ability to reassign know.

But, you can still use the gimbal stabilization that the naza have, and use the gyro channel to control the speed at which it move the gimbal, you can have a slow and a fast speed setup to gyro switch
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Locks, your posting is one of the most helpful that I've seen in any forum. Just one question...In Step 3c of your guide, is something missing at the end of the instruction?
I use a Fut9CHPS to fly all my stuff, but use a Spectrum DX6i for my Witespy NazaGPS and my mQX. The WS quad has an AR6100e Rx, and one day I might swap it for a R617FS. Thanks again. Ken
xrbcoronalogoflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks xrbcoronalogoflyer, I'm used to write technical documentation for my work that are to be used by non technical persons, so this reflect in this document.

Nothing missing from step 3c,

c- Scroll down to CH5-SW> and chose -

the "-" at the end is what you select on the TX, on this particular Tx, the dash at this screen mean that no switch are assigned to this channel
Old 12-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm definitely a non-technical guy. I'm used to turning clevises, turn-buckles, reversing servos, adjusting length of push-rods, etc. Calibrating and setting-up a quad via GUI is very new to me. LOL.
-Ken
xrbcoronalogoflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Can I use these same instructions to set up the futaba 8j radio with my naza flight controller...
strong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great post.

How do you setup the IOC on one three way switch? The first post has it on two switches
JGrn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in