Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dumb Question - Is all that needed for the F550 to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I wrote this guide to help others in the same situation as me. I hope it will help others.

The Futaba R617FS receiver only support failsafe on channel 3, if you followed the Naza manual, you won’t be able to setup the failsafe for signal loss.

My setup being a Futaba T7C Tx with a Futaba R617FS Rx, I was struggling to setup the failsafe to work on signal loss, and searching around the internet, I saw a lot of peoples asking how to set it up, and no answers, often the replies were as simple as “that can’t be done with this Rx”.
Wow! Like others, I REALLY appreciate what you have here. I have the same T7C radio and R617FS receiver, and am finishing up the buiding of a DJI F550 with the NAZA M-Lite and GPS which all came as kit.

BUT....have a REALLY DUMB question - with my apologies:

Is it required that all the above changes be done in order to fly the F550 and retain all the cool Course lock, altitude hold and RTH features?

I see what you are saying about the fail safe feature, but am willing to take my chances. Why would I want to do that? Simply because I do not understand my radio very well, and dont know how to access all those menus (to me, the radio user manual is horrible).
Aeriallens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So complicated

I am really new to this radio and see this is all overwhelomingly complex. The Futaba T7C Tx User Guide (to me anyway) is not very helpful. Not even a "menu tree" diagram to get started. Sure do appreciate all the great info here, however, even if I am simply LOST.

Bottom line, wish I did not have to change stuff in the radio just to fly. It looks like that is not an option with T7C and R617FS.

Thanks
Phil
Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T7C Radio 101 ?

This is a little off the subject, but can someone recommend a good link to explain (I mean really explain A-B-C) how to use this T7C radio?

I have my F550 kit pretty much assembled - and am VERY thankful for this thread - but am stuck trying to understand this radio and how to access all being discussed here. The user guide for the T7C is really poorly done IMHO, especially for a noob to programmable radios.

Anybody know of a link/Youtube/anything, "T7C Tx for Total Noobs 101?"

Bottom line here: I am stuck.

Thanks for any and all comments -
Phil
Old 10-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T7C Menu item is not there?

Hi -
First, please excuse my last two posts showing my ignorance. I have asked the moderator to remove those two.

I have followed the guide exactly so far but cannot find the settings in steps 7 and 8. I have the radio set to H-1 as instructed in step 3-b, but HOV-THR is nowhere to be found. I have gone through every menu I can find on the radio with no luck. Yes, I have a T7C radio.

"6- The Tx Basic Menu “TH-CUT”, Set TH-CUT> to INH

7- The Tx Advanced Menu “HOV-THR”, Set HOV-THR to INH

8- The Tx Advanced Menu “HOV-PIT”, Set HOV-THR to INH"

How is HOV-THR accessed? Please help.

Again, many apologies for too many posts.
Phil
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK finally got it done. Only problem is IOC works only in the Assistant software, NOT in the field.

That's what I had in ACRO mode. Had GPS/ATTI/Failsafe and no IOC at all. Now...same thing in Heli.

Thanks for the effort and posts anyway.

Conclusion after weeks of trying:
Failsafe is doable, but IOC of any sort is impossible with T7C radio. Regardless of using Heli or ACRO in the Tx - no difference.

Pretty sad about this.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Conclusion after weeks of trying:
Failsafe is doable, but IOC of any sort is impossible with T7C radio. Regardless of using Heli or ACRO in the Tx - no difference.

Pretty sad about this.

APOLOGIES TO ALL!

Boy, was I WRONG! MY setting for C/L or H/L was always right in the center of the Blue area on the slider bar, and guess what? THAT was the problem! Turns out, you need to ignore all but the Blue color in the slider bar; dead center was not connecting at all in my case. Way off-center solved the whole dilema.

Also, regarding the complexity of all those heli settings for Failsafe, I'm sorry for that statement too. I received and read a great book this week that makes the whole programmable mix subject SO much clearer! This was by Annmarie Cross, a great RC teacher.

So glad to be wrong. Twice.

Thanks VERY much for all the great help and amazing patience here.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Aeriallens, I wasn't around for quite some time so I'm sorry I didnt answer any of your questions, I'm glad you were able to figure this out and got it working, the good news is that now, once your radio is setup, you wont need to worry anymore with setting it up!

Happy flying!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Camera pitch X1

Hi there
thx for ur instructions to the f550 with the futaba ff7 its works great
there is only one thing left i cant figure out how it works.

i want to use the poti (vr6) for camera pitch
i use the naza v2 and zenmuse h3 2d
but i didnt understand how to programm the futaba ff7 till it works
everything u explain works fine, at least the camera pitch wont work.
would be great if anyone could help me with that.
greetings McGes
McGes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

On Futaba T7C, you can't reassign the knob, never heard of ff7...
Old 12-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great work locks!
djw43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will this fantastic solution work for Wookong M?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have only bench tested but I believe it works on WKM.
CH3--->"U"
CH5--->X3
CH6--->"T"
CH7--->X2

thanks locks!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 617fs

I've read with great interest the whole of this and I applaud you. You have given me answers after I have spent a week trying to get my f450 working. I have a JR9x11 with a Futaba RM12-MX 2.4 g module attached and a 617 fs rx. I'm getting closer thank you.
starturbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Missing ???

Hi Just wanted to first off Hello and happy new year to all .....

Has anyone tried this on a T8FG super with the same receiver?

and on the section below what do you chose on C?

• a- In your Tx, go to menu “PARAMETER”, go on RESET>EXEC and hold the dial button until it reset (you want to reset to make sure no other settings will interfere with the setup)
  • b- Scroll down to TYPE and select H-1
  • c- Scroll down to CH5-SW> and chose -
  • d- Scroll down to CH7-SW> and chose B (I use switch B to toggle the IOC)

Thanks for your help in advance
Geezer0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently update my radio to the T8FG Super and had to do something similar, the proble is from the receiver r617 as it only allow fail safe to the throttle channel and the Naza read fail safe from the Mode Channel. I'll try to post my T8FG setup soon (not at homw at the moment)
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I recently update my radio to the T8FG Super and had to do something similar, the proble is from the receiver r617 as it only allow fail safe to the throttle channel and the Naza read fail safe from the Mode Channel. I'll try to post my T8FG setup soon (not at homw at the moment)
great work!
lax30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza t7c

I never used Heli mode so i would like to keep the accro mode, is it possible?
Dronie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Great work on your original post. I have a 617FS on a Futaba 14SG and had failsafe set up by a switch but turning the radio off did nothing. (IE no failsafe on loss of TX)

Your post motivated me to experiment and with the 14SG it was quite easy.

Swap channel 3 and 5 physical connections.

IE Ch 3 to U
Ch 5 to T

In the function menu, select GEAR to channel 3 and Throttle to Channel 5 -

I set Gear to the SG switch.

Now set things up as per normal - use end points on channel 3 to get your GPS Atti, Atti and Manual settings as per normal on the gear switch.

I then created a mix on switch SC, when activated it adds 15% to channel 3. This effectively pushes the U channel to Failsafe regardless of the mode selected.. IE if you are in GPS Atti, Atti or Manual, moving SC down will activate fail safe.

Final step is to set failsafe in your radio which is on channel 3 to ensure the U input moves to fail safe when the radio is turned off.

I just tested everything and it works perfectly.

Thanks Locks, my quad will now go to failsafe if it loses contact with the radio.

Video of the Failsafe in action.

NAZA Lite Accurate Return Home Test & TBE correction. (4 min 7 sec)

EDIT - Dronie, my 14SG is in aircraft mode and the above works fine, I guess it will depend on your radio but the 8FG will be the same.

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-27-2014 at 01:16 AM..
Rob2160 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2014, 01:01 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Great post

Hi locks great post about setting up failsafe on 7ch futaba with naza. I have quick question if it's possible to use ch5 instead of ch6 for throttle. Not sure if it even possible but I would like to keep ch6 for camera tilt using dial knob as it only works on ch6 any info you could provide on this will be very much appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to write this useful post
Cheers swa
Swa2014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gimbal control with VR knob

Thanks so much to OP for getting me started with the T7C. However, with the imminent arrival of my Zenmuse H3-3D, I really, REALLY wanted to get the VR knob working for gimbal pitch, while not sacrificing failsafe. I was able to do this, but I did have to sacrifice IOC functions, as I'm now using all 7 channels. Here is how I did it:

Wiring:
Code:
R617FS  Naza
1       A
2       E
3       U
4       R
5       T
6       X1
7       --
In the transmitter, start with a new ACRO profile. Then make the following changes in the receiver:
  • Reverse channels 1 and 4.
  • in the PARAMETER menu, assign channel 7 to SW G.
  • Go to P-MIX1. Make the master channel 3, slave channel 5. Rates are +100%, +100%. Leave offset at default (middle).
  • Go to P-MIX2. Make the master Ch3 and slave ch 3. Make both rates -100% with default offset.
  • Plug in flight battery, USB and start Assist software.
  • Go to P-MIX3. Set master to Ch. 7 and slave to Ch. 3. Adjust one of the rates so that Failsafe shows in the software.
  • Exit the P-MIX3 and go to the FAILSAFE menu. Set the position.
  • Go back to the P-MIX3 settings and adjust for GPS/Atti/Manual. My rates are -60% and -60% (so that GPS is the furthest position away from me)
  • Adjust endpoints of channel 5 to about 133%,133%. Optionally, you can calibrate in the assist software to get full throttle throws.
  • Exit receiver config. Confirm F/S works by powering off receiver.

That's it. I hope there are some who find this useful!
FloridaBear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in