Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Self Leveling with collective

So I got my brain to self level and add some collective when I hit my trainer switch. I feel this is safe because the brain only self levels to a right side up position so no need to worrry about it when being inverted, it will just go right side up and climb.

And frankly it works pretty good!

AT :25 i did a quick push forward on the elevator and then hit my bail out switch as you can see soon after it levels and climbs. Yes there is a drift, but thats from the momentum of the movement im bailing out from. Starting at :40 i go into an inverted hover and then hit bailout. it quickly turns over then ascends to a vertical climb.. i released the bail out switch and it soon descends due to the fact my collective was below mid stick. after release of the switch you go back and adjust your collective to positive pitch. i repeat this at :58

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQGpAiD75A&feature=plcp[/ame]

How it's done. My tx is a DX8 and here is a video tutorial.
Setting up an Ikon FBL unit to have positive pitch with a DX8 (17 min 4 sec)

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013

Last edited by johnjonfenomenon; 11-11-2012 at 06:42 AM..
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool idea. So did you do it via mixing trainer to collective? How safe does it feel considering increased pitch during recovery? A brief instruction would help. Thanks.
Macka
Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Cool idea. So did you do it via mixing trainer to collective? How safe does it feel considering increased pitch during recovery? A brief instruction would help. Thanks.
Macka
I would like to hear more as well! Is this something electronic in nature or a new maneuver you taught yourself, like getting all the hovering points down?

Steve
Sent from Tapatalk using my Inspire 4g through ATT (meaning it's a wonder you can see this!)

Steve
Iceberg86300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

interesting, how did you mix it? what tx?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ill explain in detail later. I woke up in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea. I just tested this morning in the right side up position and it worked pretty well. I'll be going in about 2 hours to the field to test the inverted. Ill be sure to take some video.

My setup is a dx8 transmitter and I am using all 3 banks. only 1 bank has the collective pitch and it is activated via the trainer switch.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

video posted!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
video posted!!!
Sweetness!! Now how is it done? Probably won't help me because I don't have the same equipment, but it sure is cool. Great job.

Steve
Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Interesting
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are testing that too and we are having good results too

If tests go on well we would like to implement it as an option, something like a check box to check if you want to add collective after recovery and a slider to set how much collective to add.

The good thing about it if we implement it in firmware is that we apply collective only when we are sure the heli is right side up

Corrado
Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

guessing he toggles fmod/pitch curve with aux signal changing banks.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hang on guys.. tutorial video and explanation coming later today.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Highfreq,

What product do you sell?

I'm having a terrible time with my align 450 pro v2 3gx, even after spending an hour at align HQ in Cali we still can't get the shaft or one way to rotate freely so I'm looking at other stuff, but still fbl, so I'd like to take a look at your product.

Regards,

Steve

Sent from Tapatalk using my Inspire 4g through ATT (meaning it's a wonder you can see this!)

Steve
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

highfreq is corrado owner of Msh. they do have a fbl unit and its called the brain. theu also make some darn good helis
Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My setup is a dx8 transmitter and I am using all 3 banks. only 1 bank has the collective pitch and it is activated via the trainer switch.
I have th Dx8 too.....
How do you switch between Bank 1 and 2.... and to 3 with Trainer Switch ?
funfex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfex View Post
I have th Dx8 too.....
How do you switch between Bank 1 and 2.... and to 3 with Trainer Switch ?
I just uploaded a video to you tube with a step by step guide. Wait for it to finish processing. Its in the original post.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just uploaded a video to you tube with a step by step guide. Wait for it to finish processing. Its in the original post.
I found a way by myself:

- switch selection: gov-switch to K7, trainer to K8

- mixer K8>K7

-> switching between all 3 banks with gov-Switch (K7), if i press trainer, it mixes up to K7 100%
(Bank 3 with Selflevel).
funfex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you add a delay on the collective part of the mixing..? If I remember the Helicommand start to add collective only when the heli is close to level.

A 450 is very fast and quick, but with a 700 size heli it's not the best scenario, if you add collective with bail out at the same time when inverted, first this will bog the motor badly and the heli will make a big arc while it recover.

I would test and start adding collective only in very small increment with big size heli.
martin_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Can you add a delay on the collective part of the mixing..? If I remember the Helicommand start to add collective only when the heli is close to level.

A 450 is very fast and quick, but with a 700 size heli it's not the best scenario, if you add collective with bail out at the same time when inverted, first this will bog the motor badly and the heli will make a big arc while it recover.

I would test and start adding collective only in very small increment with big size heli.
On the dx8 there is a servo speed function, but doing this will also just slow down the switching into the bailout bank.. You have to understand that these 2 actions happen simultaneously and very fast that the downfall is very non-existant at a inverted position. In your mind go over the action if you will..

You hit bail out and the heli starts its right side up movement while pitch increases. It may go down but for a fraction of a second but the outcome will be it climbs out.

Rather then slow down the movement, what you can do is under advance menu under the bank which contains the bail out, increase your cyclic rotational speed.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn, need a Dx8. I've got a 7 c.

Regards,

Steve

Steve
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can do this with a dx7, you just wont have a momentary switch, you will have to remember to toggle back to a normal bank once it self levels and climbs to a comfortable position for you.. It will just get some getting use to as your muscle memory build up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in