Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

man I really like the way you adjust the end points on that gyro, and the size that's good stuff there

Dewey
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The firmware that Bob is talking about is actually 1.02; not 1.2. When the gyros leave our hands they will always have the latest code. In fact if a firmware update is planned to be available with the next week or two I will inform the customer in case he wishes to wait.

The USB lead it not a simple cable. Inside the plug there is a small circuit board with a USB controller and therefore the cable isn't cheap enough to include one with each gyro sold. Also that would be wastage as a customer may have more than one gyro or other Spartan RC product but he only needs one cable.

Without the lead the ds760 will let you set up everything you need just like the JR G770 does, but also gives you separate endpoints for left/right and allows you to select 1520uSec or 760uSec servo which the JR G770 does not support.

The extra parameters you can edit via USB are a bonus and will let you customise the gyro for your personal liking. Perhaps you prefer the stops a bit softer or the gyro a bit more responsive, etc.

-Angelos

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When making the car analogy, you've got the turbo:wink:. The USB's for those guys that want to tweak the way the turbo responds. For most of us...just stomp on it! It works great.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Bob,

For the 8 deg pitch on the tail rotor why not use a micro heli pitch gauge and use the tail boom as a reference?
Spartan Ds760 Gyro (love it)
[
mporlier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sure you can! I didn't have one myself. Angelos said this didn't have to be super accurate but just close. it worked for me!
Also remember how much pitch in the tail will also be in relation to head speed so if you want to be TOTALLY accurate, set it up to hover with about 30% gain in rate mode. Then you know your perfect. But so far my "eye ball" of the tail pitch shows it is working super with no drift at all.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mporlier View Post
Hi Bob, For the 8 deg pitch on the tail rotor why not use a micro heli pitch gauge and use the tail boom as a reference?
Not all helicopters hover at 8deg pitch thus there is no point in trying to get it perfectly accurate. Anywhere near 8deg is a good starting point and if in doubt set it a little less rather than more.

Also, in AVCS (heading hold) mode, it does not matter what the neutral tail pitch is. In Normal mode you need to get the tail pitch right in order to compensate the main rotor torque. In the ds760 I have done a little trick that simplifies things. I mix a very small amount of heading hold into the normal mode. This give the ds760 the capability to correct for small errors in getting the tail pitch right.

-Angelos

Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
In the ds760 I have done a little trick that simplifies things. I mix a very small amount of heading hold into the normal mode. This give the ds760 the capability to correct for small errors in getting the tail pitch right.
Which explains why I had such an easy time of setting it up on my Trex600. Easy being that I didn't have to do a thing and it was spot on.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWebber View Post
Which explains why I had such an easy time of setting it up on my Trex600. Easy being that I didn't have to do a thing and it was spot on.
Same here and MAN!!!! This gyro had NO DRIFT AT ALL.....

When I can ring this out I will let you know but I gotta say so far REALLY this thing rocked!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I mix a very small amount of heading hold into the normal mode. This give the ds760 the capability to correct for small errors in getting the tail pitch right.

i have a question . how do you mix a little of heading hold and rate together i have never heard of that before but it sounds interesting
matrix1171 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

matrix1171, have you noticed that I am the designer of this gyro? Being in this position I can do things that are not normally possible to the end user. If your question was technical, inside the gyro everything is represented as numbers. To mix two signals you scale them with the right percentages and then add them.

-Angelos

Last edited by Angelos; 10-12-2007 at 10:02 AM..
Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes, i did notice. i had no idea that you doing it in the gyro itself, thought it was a radio mix. that's why i asked, it's pretty cool none the less
Old 10-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man I thought this was an El Cheapo gyro until finless endorsed it. That means I gotta have it now
Old 10-13-2007, 04:59 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope, Spartan RC doesn't do "el cheapo". Those of us using their other products know that these guys won't release a product until it's top notch.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the price sure isn't el cheapo.

I would love to try one, but th price is holding me back, when I can buy goood used 401s for $90 and a new 2100T for $105.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pinecone,
It really depends on what you need. The ds760 does not compare with either of the two gyros that you mentioned. The 2100T in particular is not suitable for nitro helis as the tiny wires aren't meant to take the current that a normal size digital servo requires.

Even on a small heli like a Trex450 the ds760 seriously leaves the competition way behind. Here is a little video sent to me by one of our sponsored pilots. Unfortunately it was shot on a mobile phone but I will do a better one when the opportunity arises.
Spartan ds760 gyro on trex450se (2 min 45 sec)

In 1-2 weeks time we will be releasing the Spartan ds650 which will be a more affordable option at around USD 30 less than the ds760. When launched, the ds650 will have the same electronics, piro consistency and holding capability as the ds760 has today. However, the firmware of the two gyros will evolve separately and updates made to the ds760 will not automatically become available to the ds650 too.

The ds650 will support firmware updates via USB but we dropped all other connectivity features as well as support for the Futaba S9251/6 servos. So basically you get a simplified gyro like the GY401 but with much better performance and ability to set left and right endpoints individually.

This makes the ds760 our Pro fully featured gyro and the ds650 will be the more affordable Sports version. The best part of all... when you are ready for the extra stuff for a small fee you can get the upgrade firmware and convert the ds650 to ds760! We'll even send you a red ds760 label to replace the yellow one of the ds650.

-Angelos

Old 10-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
have you noticed that I am the designer of this gyro?
-Angelos
Hi angelos

Perfect to have the posibility to talk to the people developing the products!

Is it possible to do a flybarless setup with your gyros? Like CSM 720 + CycLock.

Need to know, because im planing to puchase a couple gyros for that application.

best regards Anders
Air:
QQ YAK 54, 49", Axi, Hacker
QQ YAK 54, 86", DA-50r
rothman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

show me an el-cheapo that flies like this.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...85136&hl=en-GB

knight 50 3d
os 50hyper
MP5 on Magnum 30%
curtis ATG with futaba 3152 on throttle
spartan RC DS760 gyro and JR 8900g tail servo
futaba 9252 on CCPM
Radix 600mm blades

Ade
Ade_Law is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great flight Ade, I think a DS760 will be going on my Xmas wishlist...

Mac
Old 10-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Or Like This Better Yet

http://www.gohbee.com/Merchant2/vid..._Phazor_600.wmv
Old 10-15-2007, 05:32 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix1171 View Post

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at gohbee.com
IcemanCharlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in