Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 02:05 AM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99100 View Post
How do I setup a switch for Rates ( 30, 65, 100%) and a different switch for Expo?

I've had a look but cant figure it out. Currently have them both on the same switch.
They are on the same switch because they are treated as the same function, I donít think you can split them. You may be able to do a mix of some sort but Iím not sure.

For heliís I use the FBL to set up expo which frees the Tx up to set DR only (although in reality I donít use DR, I use different setups/banks in the FBL).

For planks I can see it would be useful to split D/R and Expo so I think youíd have to mix 2 switches.

So many heli's, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 02:16 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

That would be a pain if they can't be split as its how I had them on my DX9.
700N MJ DTS VX1N, Logo 690SX - VX1e, 780L Top - VBar Neo, 700L Top - VX1n, Logo 550SX - VX1n, Goblin 570 (6s) - VX1n, Trex 550E Pro DFC - VX1n, Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - VX1n, Trex 450 Plus DFC - VX1n, JETI, DX9, Pheonix R/C, AccuRC, neXt
99100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99100 View Post
Is there a deadband option in JETI similar to some FBL units?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashalotjoe View Post
I donít think there is. As you say, deadband is normally an FBL function but if you wanted more deadband you could set it up using expo.
You could do it easily using the function curves for each channel I think. Just flatten the line out around the center and it will give you that width of deadband.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2017, 04:35 AM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having been away from helis for some time now, I'm looking at a new one. With everything flybarless and me owning a FlySky FS-T6 Tx, how do I hook up a flybarless system through PWM? Are there wiring configurations with the flybarless instruction manual? Thanks Joe
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thread is specific for Jeti radios, so you probably should open a new thread in the Main forum for such a question.

That said, I use Spirit FBL, and this is how you would hook it up for PWM:
Wiring - Spirit System Manual
Old 01-29-2018, 06:32 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's say I am using Banks with a FBL and the Banks are different from flight modes.

Is it possible to configure a small screen that shows a custom text based on the position of a switch?

I'm asking this because I use flight modes for throttle and Banks for the Spirit Stabi mode. By having this custom text displayed, I know in what position the switch is.

Thanks
vvv850 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2018, 07:29 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv850 View Post
Let's say I am using Banks with a FBL and the Banks are different from flight modes.

Is it possible to configure a small screen that shows a custom text based on the position of a switch?

I'm asking this because I use flight modes for throttle and Banks for the Spirit Stabi mode. By having this custom text displayed, I know in what position the switch is.

Thanks
If your banks are independent of flight mode there is no regular way to make it show on the screen where your are.

Pretty sure LUA would able you to do that but I am not well versed with it yet to advise you on how to.

I would advise to attach a sound to your switch position that would tell you what you need. Only draw back to this is that you have to move the switch in a different position to hear the sound.

You could have a single switch that with a logical switch regimen, in combination with the switch you use for banks mode attached to it, would tell you when flipped what position you are in.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Jeti flight modes announce when they're changed. You could make your banks correspond to Jeti flight modes, or your throttles. It would probably be better to have the banks, since you want to remember if you have stabi or something else active. Seems like you can just hear your throttle changes. Dan
Old 01-29-2018, 08:09 AM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do it by having voice alerts on both the flight mode switch (just controlling head speeds in my case) and the bank selection switch. The flight mode names appear on the screen and can be renamed in the flight mode screens but bank switching only has voice alerts.

I find this works quite well in that I can see the position of the bank switch so it doesnít really need a text indicator. I canít see the flight mode switch but it has both a voice alert and a text indicator on the screen.

So many heli's, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the advice.

Most of the solutions proposed, I have thought about and have some disadvantages.

The sound on switch has the disadvantage of having to switch it once to here the mode.
Having the banks on flight modes means that I will have different head speeds for different Stabi modes.
Swapping flight modes for banks (banks on flight modes and flight modes on a separate switch) means that I loose mode priority like Throttle hold.

Of course, this is not a huge thing like I made it sound earlier, it's just that having the same thing as flight modes display as a telemetry element, for a custom button seems to add more functionality. I mean, why limit this only to flight modes when you can make custom messages for every switch.

Finally, I'll look into LUA, but it will take some time as I don't have enough experience with it.

Last edited by vvv850; 01-29-2018 at 08:56 AM..
Old 02-05-2018, 06:22 AM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand the desire to do something neat with LUA or other programming, but in the spirit of keeping things simple:

If you are going to look at the display on the radio to determine the position of a switch, couldn't you just look at the switch?
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could, yes, but I have to remember what position is for what setting of the bank. It's not the same as idle ups or throttle hold, or gyro for example. The banks, in my case, carry stabi settings, which I can easily name each one for quick "decoding" (ex. rescue_acro, stabi_norm).
Old 02-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv850 View Post

Thanks
Here you go: https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2018/02/...eler-released/
Old 02-11-2018, 04:26 AM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks TeroS

Just seen it today.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Old 04-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default using the ds24 with original IKON

Saw a video of a guy integrating the IKON software, right on his radio screen.
How did he do that.
David
bandit002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

For integration you need to use the ExBus connection from your Rx to the Ikon and have the bin file loaded on your Tx to match the firmware version of the on the FBL. It only works with the new Ikon2 or Brain2, I am pretty sure you don't get integration with the original Ikon or Brain unfortunately.

//Dennis.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default jeti gyro setup help

Having trouble understanding how to set up the jeti ds24 with BD 3sx governor. Any help appreciated.
bandit002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know the BD but normally you just configure flat curves on your throttle channel for the FBL governors.

Some use specific present levels (Brain/Ikon) like 30%, 60% and 100% with each actual headspeed set in the software of the FBL, others use the level of the flat line to set the headspeed (Vbar). Not sure if the BD uses one of these setups or something else.

//Dennis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.