Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dons Wicked First Impressions

I've only had a chance to pitch pump and flip around since I was only able to do it in the circle on my street (all trees covering the circle). I would like to tic-toc and try to bog the motor to see what happens.

So, the motor does seem a bit stronger than stock but nothing the blows me away. That might be because I'm spoiled with a EFL 600 12s and an EFL DFC 500 which will just scare the crap out of you it has so much power. So when comparing those 2 there is not an equal balance in size vs power. I have the TP 25c batteries maybe a 65c battery might add a few notches.

For starters....

Installing the motor was a no brainer drop in replacement. They don't recommend bullets which I ignored since I've been doing that for years and wanted a way to remove the motor if need be. They recommend direct solder. The bullets gave me no problem. I took special care in creating a nice solder joint on each lead.

I'm using a CC ICE Lite 50 in governor mode with the Wicked supplied 10t pinion. With this configuration the CC ESC will only allow a top head speed of 3240 which seems to be sufficient. I've heard of others having the main shaft break going higher speeds. I really don't think you need it. Maybe 3400 with larger pinion at most, but beware.

The throttle calibration was a pain in the butt since the spektrum rx has a safemode that doesn't allow the CC ESC to go into programming mode. Clint from castle gave me this link. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649655

After Programming the ESC settings, all was good.

Test flight, enough power to punch out. Stock servos are holding up well. Again nothing mind blasting. I will update this post after the snow and ice goes away and I get a chance to bang it around. I did find that flipping the heli was a bit sloppy and seemed to veer of a bit as if I was flying a flybared. It is windy and possibly the more powerful motor is going to require me to turn up the gains. I will tweak that later and try to get it crisp.

I did hear a squeaking noise when punching out. Maybe the belt needs a little silicon but I did not experience tail blow out, I'll investigate that more.

I'm not a big fan of upgrading these cheap birds since it gets ridiculously expensive and so many mods that stock replacement parts don't work anymore. But I liked this modification because you drop the motor in and drop in a better ESC and you are done. No cutting up the frame to fit a new motor, no fus no muss. Oh and of course a nice set of carbon fiber blades. I chose the edge.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post
I'm not a big fan of upgrading these cheap birds since it gets ridiculously expensive and so many mods that stock replacement parts don't work anymore.
Agree. The 300 can handle a bit more power but I wouldn't spend much more on it.

I refuse to do the maths that would tell me how much more my 130x cost me over the 300x before I gave the 130x up. :-)
xpantz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.