Aerofly 5.7 and governor mode - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aerofly 5.7 and governor mode

Is there a way to have the helicopters fly in governor mode? I can't seem to get the helicopters to maintain a constant head speed. HS may be 2200 RPM hovering, but may go as far down as 1400 RPM when doing pitch pumps.
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi John, did you find the way to use governor mode with Aerofly?

Thanks in advance.
tolenca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No. I contacted Ikarus about this issue. They told me they were working on an update to fix this issue. That was back in April 2012 (3 months ago). Unfortunately, the most recent update did not fix this issue, but in fact made the simulator itself more unstable, requiring restart of the simulator after some crashes.

I currently only run this Aerofly simulator once a month to check for an update, but I don't bother using it, as it works terrible. Phoenix and RF6 are currently much better.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you are right about Phoenix and RF6.

Thanks for your time.
tolenca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here in the States, Aerofly does not seem to have big following when compared to RF6 and Phoenix. I only bought it because it runs natively on a Mac. Considering that it is a German company, how well does it sell in Europe?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnahamelv View Post
No. I contacted Ikarus about this issue. They told me they were working on an update to fix this issue. That was back in April 2012 (3 months ago). Unfortunately, the most recent update did not fix this issue, but in fact made the simulator itself more unstable, requiring restart of the simulator after some crashes.

I currently only run this Aerofly simulator once a month to check for an update, but I don't bother using it, as it works terrible. Phoenix and RF6 are currently much better.

I am experiencing those exact same problems with my AeroFly. Its driving me crazy, I just ordered the adaptors earlier so I can use my DX8, but I wish I would have read this thread before I ordered the adapters. Im downloading the current upgrade now, Not sure if it is going to help. Now I kinda wish I would have just shipped the crap back to Ikarus.

Have you found a fix yet?
Brosho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. No fix yet. I last emailed them about 7 weeks ago (Nov 2012). They just asked me which models are affected.

I have communicated with them in the past about this issue, but every time I follow up with them, they act like they have never heard of this issue before.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.