Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help!!! Please.

My nano has recently developed a very strange wobble. Usually right after lift off it will wobble and shudder then after a few seconds it will fly normally. Whenever I change the pitch or aileron the wobble reappears, then disappears again until the next input. So far I have replaced the main gear, shaft, blade grips, blades and tail boom assembly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

O-rings on the three outer swash ball links. If you have a number of flights on it, it could also be dirty servos.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check the main gear is not loose and letting the shaft slide up and down..
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use orings on all the ball links of the head. If it still does it then clean your servos.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^ ^^ ^^^ +1
Also check feathering shaft is not too loose - or too tight
and the same for the main blades in their grips
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have read that some BNF nCP Xs have been shipped out w/ bad main shafts.

If you check and/ or replace your spindle, grips, blades, and make sure the main motor is seated all the way down, and the main gear is seated all the way up and glued into place, and the main gear is also not out of round, then the culprit could be a split or bent main shaft.

Also, the main shaft collar needs to be 18.83mm from the top of the shaft. Take off the rotor hub and measure it w/ some calipers to check and see if it slipped (if so, reposition it and glue it back in place with some CA), and while that's off, use a flat tip screwdriver to carefully pry off the main gear and pull the shaft out. Check for splits and roll it on an ultra smooth surface such as a mirror or piece of glass to check and see if it wobbles. Even a tiny bit will upset the performance of this heli.

Also, try this troubleshooting outline -
  1. Tight spindle, tight grips = YES/ NO
  2. Tight spindle, loose grips = YES/ NO
  3. Loose spindle, tight grips = YES/ NO
  4. Loose spindle, loose grips = YES/ NO
The above outline is defined as such -

The tight spindle means zero play but no ratcheting feeling from the blade grip bearings when they're tested for free movement, and the loose spindle means HH's 1mm amount of play as they suggest. The tight blade grips means that the blades are tight enough, so when the heli is held on its side, the blades stay straight until a gentle drop while holding it by the main gear makes the blades flop down. Loose grips mean that the blades will flop on their own when the heli is held on its side.

Each nCP X has its own personality, so tuning it up after a while will tell you what it likes or doesn't like, after you tinker with it over time
dragnse7en is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I cleaned the servos that was a big help. I also found the the main shaft I had replaced was in fact bent. I never thought cf could bend. I made a new shaft and she is flying like new. I also found that a pencil eraser works really well to clean the carbon build up off of the servo plates. Then you don't have to worry about the chemicals damaging the plastic.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The troubleshooting tips are also very helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deoxit works great cleaning servos.
NCcraig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Deoxit works great cleaning servos.
+1 Deoxit D is the one you want to use. I don't take the servos off to clean them, just spray the gaps in the servo mechanism and move your servos up and down with the cyclic and the radio in TH .

I do this every 20 flights or so.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never heard of Deoxit until I read it in the nCP X threads, but I use T.A. Emerald's Performance Plus 3 motor cleaner spray, because I've used it for years and I know that it's safe on plastics
dragnse7en is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pencil eraser ( pink ) used very carefully does work well, even on the tiny fingers, but it does wear away the material, the Deoxit is very good, cleans and lubes. Deoxit can be found at Radio Shack and other better electronic stores. Might want to check on Digikey also if interested. Won't ruin the plastic, it's been around for many years.

I have found I can spray canned air then Deoxit into a servo and clean without disassembly several times. Once in away, when this method doesn't have the desired effect, I take the servo apart and clean out with a Q- tip and alcohol. Do not overtighten those screws...seat screw against surface then 1/8 of a turn max. Good luck, more than one cleaning method/ chemical may be used.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.